Author Topic: MLB master thread(non-Royals related) (no longer the official Mets thread)  (Read 213178 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
It always kind of irks me when formerly beloved Red Sox don Yankee pinstripes. It's also interesting how seldom you see the reverse, with a prominent former Yankee playing for Boston.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It always kind of irks me when formerly beloved Red Sox don Yankee pinstripes. It's also interesting how seldom you see the reverse, with a prominent former Yankee playing for Boston.

meh. We don't give outrageous contracts to aging players. Also Ellsbury was never beloved by Red Sox Nation.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Hey @Shooter Jones, don't forget about our friend mocat today.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've been trying.. so here's the deal, I use the MLB.TV apps on my iPhone and iPad, and usually just stream it on AppleTV if I'm home. so, I never use a browser, but I downloaded chrome and tried to start up the zenmate extension and it won't allow me to, I'm guessing cause it's an apple product. and I don't have a laptop, so tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I've been trying.. so here's the deal, I use the MLB.TV apps on my iPhone and iPad, and usually just stream it on AppleTV if I'm home. so, I never use a browser, but I downloaded chrome and tried to start up the zenmate extension and it won't allow me to, I'm guessing cause it's an apple product. and I don't have a laptop, so tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I should do.

Downloaded chrome on what device?  You don't have a laptop or a desktop at all?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Downloaded chrome on what device?  You don't have a laptop or a desktop at all?

charger broke for my laptop a few years ago and I never felt the need to get a new one since I pretty much use my iPad and phone 24 on the 7.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well, I've only used ZenMate on a PC.  Chrome for mobile devices doesn't have all the same plugins.  There are VPN apps for iOS, but I don't know if any of them are free.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i've been slumming it on strikeout.co lately

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

:thumbs:, fellow slummer

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting development.. just pulled up the Rockies game on mlb.tv on my PC here in the Denver office and it's not blacked out

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting development.. just pulled up the Rockies game on mlb.tv on my PC here in the Denver office and it's not blacked out

running w/ ZenMate or without?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

running w/ ZenMate or without?

without... talked to IT, and it's cause our network load balances between a few different big sites so it has no idea I'm actually in Denver

sorry, running Zenmate won't do anything for our R&D here at the office, guys. the IT guy has never messed around with it either so he has no educated input.

The Big Train

:thumbs:, fellow slummer

What is this and why am I hearing about for the first time this exact second?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
it's more or less the same as hitting the baseball section of firstrowsports

The Big Train

so its like 18p quality  :Yuck:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I'm part :ROFL: about Michael Pineda and part embarrassed for him, what a rough ridin' clown though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

i'd say the main difference is that there are usually baseball games on strikeout.co

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

i'd say the main difference is that there are usually baseball games on strikeout.co

firstrowsports also generally does all mlb.tv games

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
alright dorks, is this a baseball thread or the preferred way I steal games thread

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
it's the baseball equivalent of the "non-skc MLS master thread", so we're doing everyone a favor

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
it's the baseball equivalent of the "non-skc MLS master thread", so we're doing everyone a favor

:D

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chris Carpenter
"Pine tar, sunscreen, whatever… it's not there to help the ball sink, cut or do funny things. It's a tool to keep it from flying out of your hands."

Just to clear things up, it serves the same purpose as a batting glove.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This could probably go in the maps thread.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"Pine tar, sunscreen, whatever… it's not there to help the ball sink, cut or do funny things. It's a tool to keep it from flying out of your hands."

Yeah everyone is aware of the purpose, it's one of the reasons why the Red Sox didn't say anything when Pineda did it last week. But when he didn't have it and got shelled in the first inning and then came out in the second like he had bathed in it, they had to say something. I really don't know why he doesn't put it on his hat or glove like everyone else does.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah everyone is aware of the purpose, it's one of the reasons why the Red Sox didn't say anything when Pineda did it last week. But when he didn't have it and got shelled in the first inning and then came out in the second like he had bathed in it, they had to say something. I really don't know why he doesn't put it on his hat or glove like everyone else does.

He might as well of just brought out the damn container of it and set it on the mound next to his feet. It's hard to understand the thought process behind putting it on his neck.