Author Topic: Pease was going to throw  (Read 5571 times)

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Pease was going to throw
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:28:38 AM »
I don't know if anyone else will agree, but I think Pease was going to throw the ball on the play he fumbled. Too bad he eff the play up and I think it's the reason he fumbled. Harper was split out wide and ran an immediate fade route (had his man beat fairly easily). It would've been nice to see his attempt.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
elitist since 1994

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Pease was going to throw
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:15:57 AM »
Absolutely, it was clearly toss pass.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:52 AM »
Yeah, obvious

Offline zRex

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
Pease is an excitable boy.  Pees down his leg every time he gets the ball.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »

I thought he was going to fumble
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »
Still wish Pease got a series or two in the regular offense.

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 09:57:28 PM »
Makes it tough to develop the other youngsters when they can't see the field. What can you do though? CK is a warrior and we're riding him until he dies.
elitist since 1994

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
Its too high....What do you mean its too high? No I mean its too hard....What do you mean its too hard? Who gives it crap it outta here.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »
Pease (I thought) looked decent in some of the early games.  Guess Hubert must be a far superior blocker or something cause Pease rarely gets carries anymore.  Kinda weird.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
Pease (I thought) looked decent in some of the early games.  Guess Hubert must be a far superior blocker or something cause Pease rarely gets carries anymore.  Kinda weird.

My explanation is that Hubert "plays the game the right way" and has intangibles

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 11:17:21 PM »
Pease was hurt most of the early season.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 11:27:24 PM »
Guess I was really only talking about the first 2 games, when it seemed like Snyder was trying to figure out who his RB would be.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
As we all know LSnyder's handing of personnel is beyond weird.

The tucks love it, so we just have to live with it.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 08:01:12 AM »
Seriously, there was a 2-3 week period (maybe longer) where Pease didn't practice or barely practiced early in the year. I think at that point he got limited to Wildcat formation stuff and gadget plays and the caution from his injuries has carried over.

Then when he just dropped the toss and failed to recover it he didn't see the field again. Let's not forget we started the game with a Pease run. I'm thinking they planned to use him more in Wildcat situations quite a bit but after that they shelved that package and just ran Klein in Wildcat formations.

Offline DoDRepeat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 10:08:23 AM »
I was pissed at that play call. We get Harp in single coverage without having to do a HB pass with someone who doesn't throw as well as Klein (well, as often). Might as well just do a play action pass.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
Then when he just dropped the toss and failed to recover it he didn't see the field again. Let's not forget we started the game with a Pease run. I'm thinking they planned to use him more in Wildcat situations quite a bit but after that they shelved that package and just ran Klein in Wildcat formations.

This is one of the things that has pissed me off the most this season (and maybe it's always been a Snyder thing and I haven't really noticed).  It seems like with Snyder, you get one chance to eff up and then then you sit for the rest of the game.  One dropped ball, one fumble, etc. and you're yanked.  You have to believe that kind of pressure actually CAUSES those missteps in some situation because guys that don't a chance that often are so scared they're going to do something wrong and not get another chance that they play tight and end up rough ridin' something up.  The glaring examples this year are Bryce and Pease...and for some reason Hubert is immune to this.  Seems like you would want to give those guys a second chance, unless you really just don't trust them...in which case why in the eff did you give them the ball in the first place?
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:06 PM »

This is one of the things that has pissed me off the most this season (and maybe it's always been a Snyder thing and I haven't really noticed).  It seems like with Snyder, you get one chance to eff up and then then you sit for the rest of the game.  One dropped ball, one fumble, etc. and you're yanked.  You have to believe that kind of pressure actually CAUSES those missteps in some situation because guys that don't a chance that often are so scared they're going to do something wrong and not get another chance that they play tight and end up rough ridin' something up.  The glaring examples this year are Bryce and Pease...and for some reason Hubert is immune to this.  Seems like you would want to give those guys a second chance, unless you really just don't trust them...in which case why in the eff did you give them the ball in the first place?

If you're really good, you get a bunch of chances.  If you're just kind of good, you don't get as many.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
Yeah, its interesting, and its not consistent (not that is should be). Hubert is a clear example, he's had some of the worst mistakes/fumbles of the year, but he's still in there at the end of the game and in OT carrying the ball. These types of things are always situational and vary greatly from player to player. I'm sure he was more ticked at Pease because it was such a careless mistake.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 01:05:32 PM »
LHC Bill Snyder plays favorites big time.  Always has.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 01:26:39 PM »
LHC LHC Bill Snyder plays favorites big time.  Always has.

Of couse he does, most coaches do. I just don't think its accurate that his favorites always equal what a tuck would say is a "good kid", though sometimes it does.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 01:34:34 PM »
Pease is an excitable boy.  Pees down his leg every time he gets the ball.

Pease down his leg. Facial.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder plays favorites big time.  Always has.

Of couse he does, most coaches do. I just don't think its accurate that his favorites always equal what a tuck would say is a "good kid", though sometimes it does.

agreed

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:22 PM »

If you're really good, you get a bunch of chances.  If you're just kind of good, you don't get as many.

Nick Russel

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »

Are you going for a repeat of your Collin Klein is just "banged up" thread?

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »
LHC LHC Bill Snyder plays favorites big time.  Always has.

How many fumbles did Tyler have on punt returns, kickoffs or pass plays over the middle earlier this year? I can count 3 right now. Didn't stop old Snyds from sticking with Tyler in crucial situations. Bill has always played favorites. I think he gets caught up in the flow of the game and gets in a zone of sorts. His zone only allows him to focus on certain players and schemes for them.

elitist since 1994