Author Topic: Voter ID  (Read 29066 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Voter ID
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2016, 12:27:43 AM »
Pat McCrory is a piece of crap and everything wrong with politics in America. It seems like him and his people are trying to undermine the entire institution of democracy.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/north-carolina-gop-uses-hurricane-relief-session-to-und-1790159585

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »
Pat McCrory is a piece of crap and everything wrong with politics in America. It seems like him and his people are trying to undermine the entire institution of democracy.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/north-carolina-gop-uses-hurricane-relief-session-to-und-1790159585
And kicked out all observers and arrested journalists trying to cover their actions. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2016, 12:56:40 AM »
Oh look a highly partisan liberal website doesn't like what a Republican is doing.   :jerk:

I'm sure somewhere along the way the managed to gloss over the fiscal disaster that the previous 20-30 plus years of (D) controlling the governors office left behind.   Imagine a state that had nearly unprecedented economic growth for twenty years while still having some of the highest state income taxes in the United States, a robust sales tax, a robust fee structure etc. etc.   Literally falling off a fiscal cliff at the first hint of an economic slow down.   

Also  :lol: at the implication by so many pissed off intolerant libs that NC's public schools were all that under the Dem regimes when in reality they were hot garbage on a plate. 

The UNC system is rife with cronyism and after some of the things that have gone on internally at UNC system schools they absolutely need more state legislative over site.    They're getting $2 billion dollars worth of new buildings right now and all they had to do was tell people to vote yes on a proposition on a ballot and then plan what they wanted to build.   No fund raising, no bonds of their own, no private money, no special fees (the KBOR schools would kill for something like that). 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2016, 01:04:55 AM »
It's sad when dax can't even separate his political bias from a blatant attack on the fundamental principles and moorings of our democracy.  What does a prior regime spending money in a global economic catastrophe to help people live have to do with criticising horrible attacks on the law by another part of the government?

Keep in mind this was a special session to help hurricane victims (with a paltry sum passed).
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2016, 01:18:53 AM »
It's sad when dax can't even separate his political bias from a blatant attack on the fundamental principles and moorings of our democracy.  What does a prior regime spending money in a global economic catastrophe to help people live have to do with criticising horrible attacks on the law by another part of the government?

Keep in mind this was a special session to help hurricane victims (with a paltry sum passed).

The notion that Matthew caused "greater damage" than Floyd is absolutely laughable.   In the aftermath of Floyd nearly every small city and town of substance from the middle part of the Eastern part of NC, to the Northern Tier of Eastern NC had their entire Central Business Districts completely flooded out.   

I could literally write a substantial white paper as to the CF that is the NC Department of Public Instruction.   I'll share one thing . . . they sat on economic stimulus money (millions) from the Obama administration, for six years that was supposed to be earmarked to pay the out-of-pocket portion for schools in the Federal Erate program.   When they finally "distributed" the money they structured it in such a way that it became a profit center for DPI (a public institution).   During the interim period K-12 schools were having to finance the out-of-pocket portion in the Federal Erate program 100% out-of-pocket while DPI sat on the federal money.   

You don't know WTF you're talking about edn.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:37 AM »
You're deflecting again.  Your issues with the prior admin or public works have nothing to do with people's concerns about the frightening attacks on the standards and traditions of North Carolina government.  I mean it's like you took people to Burger King, someone gets food poising and complains and wants to go to the hospital and you go off on a rant about how McDonald's over salts their fries.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2016, 06:06:00 AM »
Edna is butthurt that the legislature is passing laws. Shocking.

Also, #deadspin  :lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »
Notice dax and fsd aren't even attempting to justify the crap McCrory did, they just attack the source and then try the "yeah but look at this" magic trick.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Please start a new thread where MIR complains about Pat Mcwhatshisface. Nobody cares dipshits. Stop cluttering up good threads.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2016, 11:03:16 AM »
Seems plenty of people care

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Voter ID
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2016, 11:32:05 AM »
LOL an article was posted where the usual complainers are bitching that crap is getting cleaned up.  I specifically discuss individual things that are getting cleaned up and the two biggest dumbasses on this board call it deflecting.

Attacks on standards and traditions? Like a dem gub and dem legislature stripping a Lt. Gub (a Republican) of their power?   Like Dem gub seeking to fire state staff who are Republicans? 

DPI, hey no textbooks by 2017, fantastic idea!  Technology infrastructure to support no textbooks for 10's of thousands of students?  :shrug NCDPI in a nutshell. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:37:19 AM by sonofdaxjones »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2016, 11:35:12 AM »
Who do these fucks think they are passing laws during a legislative session? Legislators?!?!? :shakesfist:

How about the warren bill that would require an incoming president to divest his personal assets??? Seems utterly unconstitutional, and, I don't know, targeted. :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »
Who do these fucks think they are passing laws during a legislative session? Legislators?!?!? :shakesfist:

How about the warren bill that would require an incoming president to divest his personal assets??? Seems utterly unconstitutional, and, I don't know, targeted. :lol:

I agree, 100%, it's a bullshit political trick that doesn't pass the smell test. That was easy to do because I'm not a shitty partisan parrot, I actually can think on my own. You and dax should give it a try, it's freeing not to have a hand up my ass forcing me to do nothing but puppet partisan facebook posts.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »
I guess we disagree on the role of legislators.  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2016, 06:04:41 PM »
It's an insane power grab and every single person in America who's even a little familiar with the story, including the republican legislators in North Carolina, knows it.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 19, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 19, 2016, 01:14:00 PM »
Was in Raleigh over the weekend where it was confirmed that the "protesters" are all the usual suspects who have a total meltdown if they're not handed everything they demand on a silver platter.    Nothing-to-see-here kids.