Author Topic: SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE  (Read 8319 times)

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2013, 05:38:04 PM »
The buying votes talking point is stupid because a vast majority of state assistance dollars go to red states.  Say they shouldn't take your money to give to some poors or whatever, but buying votes is an ignorant talking point that goes against facts.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
The buying votes talking point is stupid because a vast majority of state assistance dollars go to red states.  Say they shouldn't take your money to give to some poors or whatever, but buying votes is an ignorant talking point that goes against facts.

You're being naive, purposely, I think. Why has the current government hired canvassers (ACORN types) to go out and sign up people, sometimes even coercing them into signing up, for food stamps and other government programs? To be nice? No to get them hooked on handouts that may only be available later if they vote democrat.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
i'd like to see what percentage of people on assistance actually vote.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2013, 06:37:16 PM »

If you try and take something away, they'll vote in droves, and buses will be sent out to gather them up.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »

If you try and take something away, they'll vote in droves, and buses will be sent out to gather them up.

do you begrudge buses to retirement communities?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

do you begrudge buses to retirement communities?

Would you want them driving themselves? That's a safety issue. :driving:

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »

What year did you grad?

You sound tuck.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »

What year did you grad?

You sound tuck.

I don't tuck. Far from tuck.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »
Calling God a Marxist is a pretty bold move.

Mega dittos

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »
Calling God a Marxist is a pretty bold move.

Mega dittos

If the pointy hat fits...
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 09:30:07 PM »
Karl Marx was a truer Christian than Rush Limbaugh. See God's Holy Word.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 10:10:43 PM »
I'm hardly a scholar when it comes to the Bible, so honest question: Where did Jesus teach that the government should take money from one person to give it to another, or equate that with charity?

Seems to be more of a Catholic thing, which has a long history of conflating government redistribution with charity. But it's true, this latest edict should pose a quandary for conservative Catholics. Oh well, liberal Catholics seem to be doing Ok despite the edicts concerning abortion and birth control... Seems to me like if the Catholic Church was a political party, it would have a hard time winning elections: liberal on economic issues but conservative on social issues. Yikes.

I'm sure Jesus also didn't mean for us to have the poor pay more in taxes to help the wealthy pay none. (See Brownback's Kansas)

This whole coercion and take from another to give to another childish nonsense we always hear from the right only applies when it's things they don't like, which is usually things that involve the poor amongst us.

It never applies when we make millionaires out of unnecessary government contractors , corporate farms, and oil investors. 

Here's a tip KSU if you and your self important investor class would pine for stronger wages and better trade laws then you wouldn't have to sound like an uncaring world class selfish prick when it comes to discussing economic policy. 

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
Oooooohhhh, a thread debating whether jeebuz is lib or con.  How tucktastic.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  Smh
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
You know what I say?  Catholics aren't Christians, nor are they religious, they're a joke.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2013, 08:15:36 AM »
The whole who is or isn't a Christian, denominational, left-right paradigm discussion aside.

This issue (the reason why the thread was started) is the primary reason why certain factions did and others did not want this Pope.

I am not Catholic, just an observer.

But I am a bit fascinated that anyone would be the least bit surprised that this Pope would have these views.  Again, with historical Catholic Church co-mingling of politics and religion set aside.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
So Republicans promising tax breaks to big business and "trickle down" economics is not buying votes/campaign donations?  Is the difference that they don't have to take a bus to a polling place?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
So Republicans promising tax breaks to big business and "trickle down" economics is not buying votes/campaign donations?  Is the difference that they don't have to take a bus to a polling place?
those straight, protestant, white men from middle-class+ families fought tooth and nail for a place inside the power structure. no one had it harder than them so they deserve it.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
SHOWDOWN: EL RUSHBO VS. THE HOLY SEE
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 10:05:51 AM »
Give back to Caesar what is Caesars

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 10:09:21 AM »

Of course both parties promise things in exchange for votes. The difference is that one party is saying "Vote for me and I'll give you some of that guy's money", whereas the other party is saying "vote for me and I'll help you keep more of the money you earned."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »

Of course both parties promise things in exchange for votes. The difference is that one party is saying "Vote for me and I'll give you some of that guy's money", whereas the other party is saying "vote for me and I'll help you keep more of the money you earned."

I've never heard anyone say the first thing

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2013, 10:34:51 AM »

The tax break to corporations thing is more of a "here's a eff load of money to help you buy your next election, thanks for the tax breaks" thing.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »

The tax break to corporations thing is more of a "here's a eff load of money to help you buy your next election, thanks for the tax breaks" thing.

Somebody has to pay for all of those ads telling us who the real conservative is. How else would we ever be informed?

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:23 AM »

I've never heard anyone say the first thing

If a politician said he is in favor of some redistribution, would that qualify?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
would anyone be surprised to find out this guy was a KState grad at this point? I wouldn't be.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/03/pope-i-was-once-a-bar-bouncer/?hpt=hp_t2

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
This pope is perfect. Catholicism has never looked as good as it does right now.