Author Topic: Anyone remember this Nebraska player?  (Read 13580 times)

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone remember this Nebraska player?
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
 :angry:

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2013, 01:07:51 PM »
Typical Nebraskan :opcat:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2013, 01:16:03 PM »
You wonder how he got to be such a piece of crap human being and then you hear from his dad who is just as big a piece of crap human being.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »
I hope that this horrible person didn't bother or annoy Daniel Thomas.

I think Daniel would have crushed his ballsac but I can't help being worried a little bit.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/81380/the-miami-dolphins-and-everything-that-will-never-make-sense

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2013, 02:10:42 PM »
Also: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/richie-incognito-considered-black-in-dolphins-locker-room.html

Another former Dolphins employee told me Martin is considered "soft" by his teammates and that's a reason he's not readily accepted by some of the players, particularly the black players. His background -- Stanford educated and the son of highly educated people -- was not necessarily seen as a strength or a positive by some players and it perpetuated in the way Martin carried himself.

And so -- agree with it or not, comprehend it or not -- this is a reason the Dolphins haven't turned on Incognito as a racist.

Offline bws

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »
Typical Nebraskan :opcat:

Incognito, Raiola, Suh, Christian Peter, Lawrence Phillips, etc etc...

You could write a book about Thug U were you so inclined. No one cares about them anymore so no one would buy the book though.

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2013, 02:35:00 PM »
Also: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2013/11/richie-incognito-considered-black-in-dolphins-locker-room.html

Another former Dolphins employee told me Martin is considered "soft" by his teammates and that's a reason he's not readily accepted by some of the players, particularly the black players. His background -- Stanford educated and the son of highly educated people -- was not necessarily seen as a strength or a positive by some players and it perpetuated in the way Martin carried himself.

And so -- agree with it or not, comprehend it or not -- this is a reason the Dolphins haven't turned on Incognito as a racist.

I've said it on here before and I'll gladly say it again. Football players are easily the dumbest, most socially inappropriate athletes in existence. The culture that manifests within the sport is disgusting, it has been forever and this will do very little to change it. Incognito will take the fall for this but every veteran "leader" on that team all share equal responsibility. The sport is flush with simple-minded rubes who only know about the moronic concept of manning up. The NFL locker room culture is ran by ignorant country boys, white and black who decided to make a living running their heads into monsters, over and over again. This should be another huge step to reforming the culture of the NFL but it won't because the consumer on the whole are Pavlovian drooling fools.

The under-reported aspect of this is the rampant extortion going on in Miami's locker room. We know that Incognito made Martin pay $15,000 for a trip to Las Vegas that he didn't take. The Dan Lebatard Show has been playing a clip this week where they had Incognito on last season. Incognito said he and Mike Pouncy (Pouncy seems to have surrounded himself with psychopaths, speaks to him I guess) were going to force a rookie player, sounded like Ryan Tannehill, to go and buy the entire offensive line new jet skis. When Lebatard questioned Incognito on whether or not they should be doing that, his response was that the O-line protects his ass and if he didn't do it, they wouldn't protect him. On Monday Lebatard had the Dolphins beat writer for the Miami paper, Adam Beasley, on the show and Beasley said that a rookie on this years team has spent $100,000 on things that the O-line has required him to buy. There are stories of guys who make $260,000 after taxes having to foot a $50,000 bill. All of these people are disgusting humans.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

I've said it on here before and I'll gladly say it again. Football players are easily the dumbest, most socially inappropriate athletes in existence. The culture that manifests within the sport is disgusting, it has been forever and this will do very little to change it. Incognito will take the fall for this but every veteran "leader" on that team all share equal responsibility. The sport is flush with simple-minded rubes who only know about the moronic concept of manning up. The NFL locker room culture is ran by ignorant country boys, white and black who decided to make a living running their heads into monsters, over and over again. This should be another huge step to reforming the culture of the NFL but it won't because the consumer on the whole are Pavlovian drooling fools.

The under-reported aspect of this is the rampant extortion going on in Miami's locker room. We know that Incognito made Martin pay $15,000 for a trip to Las Vegas that he didn't take. The Dan Lebatard Show has been playing a clip this week where they had Incognito on last season. Incognito said he and Mike Pouncy (Pouncy seems to have surrounded himself with psychopaths, speaks to him I guess) were going to force a rookie player, sounded like Ryan Tannehill, to go and buy the entire offensive line new jet skis. When Lebatard questioned Incognito on whether or not they should be doing that, his response was that the O-line protects his ass and if he didn't do it, they wouldn't protect him. On Monday Lebatard had the Dolphins beat writer for the Miami paper, Adam Beasley, on the show and Beasley said that a rookie on this years team has spent $100,000 on things that the O-line has required him to buy. There are stories of guys who make $260,000 after taxes having to foot a $50,000 bill. All of these people are disgusting humans.

That's fair, but every pro sport has a different culture of entitled pricks.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
That was a great post, MIR.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2013, 02:44:50 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »

That's fair, but every pro sport has a different culture of entitled pricks.

Absolutely, this is what happens when talented, entitled people gather in one place, but the football culture is the absolutely worst. Even now, after what is being reported which is obviously a small bit of what has happened there, Dolphins players are speaking up for Incognito. Look at all the anonymous quotes from NFL players and front office players calling out Martin, faulting him for not handling the problem "like a man," its disgusting. I will credit London Fletcher for going on the record and calling out the Dolphins leaders for this issue. Even though I do feel like something to this severity could only happen in the NFL, I don't think that this is standard for every locker room. There are plenty of tough guys that are decent people like London Fletcher.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 03:05:18 PM »
did you guys see ingognito threaten to fight the espn guy on twitter yesterday or the day before or whatever?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2013, 03:05:31 PM »
Absolutely, this is what happens when talented, entitled people gather in one place, but the football culture is the absolutely worst. Even now, after what is being reported which is obviously a small bit of what has happened there, Dolphins players are speaking up for Incognito. Look at all the anonymous quotes from NFL players and front office players calling out Martin, faulting him for not handling the problem "like a man," its disgusting. I will credit London Fletcher for going on the record and calling out the Dolphins leaders for this issue. Even though I do feel like something to this severity could only happen in the NFL, I don't think that this is standard for every locker room. There are plenty of tough guys that are decent people like London Fletcher.

Good points. The culture is absurd at times; there are reports that the coaching staff directed Incognito to "toughen up" Martin as well.

That crappy leadership is probably a big reason why the Dolphins are 4-4.

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2013, 03:22:17 PM »

Good points. The culture is absurd at times; there are reports that the coaching staff directed Incognito to "toughen up" Martin as well.

That crappy leadership is probably a big reason why the Dolphins are 4-4.

I think every team has a few wacko's like Incognito.  Some of the stories you hear about Charles Haley with the Cowboys are just way over the top compared to even this.  I think the difference is that Incognito somehow become one of the team leaders for the Dolphins.  So that type of behavior just took over the culture of the team and got out of control. 

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
More from Papa Richie on Deadspin

ldrd1994UB

Wat a bunch of compleet HORSESHIT!! Leave it to the libral meedia to try and take down one of the best offencive linemens the NFL has ever scene!! FOR WHAT?!! TELL ME!! Caus he gets emotional on the field of battel?! HES A LEADER!! Caus he tried to help his team by getting rid of a DRUG ATTIC?!! He should be rewarded NOT suspendered!!! How come no one is talking bout WHY drug Martin is trying to kill himself??! Caus of Richies funny pranks?!! NO!! Its beecause he was jellus of Richie and all his talent!! THATS the story peeple! Richie tried to do what team needed and HELP MARTIN get better!! Make Martin take the piss test, I demand his piss!! If someone can’t laugh at pranks than they shouldnt be playing NFL FOOTBALL!!! I watched football back from 1950 and saw all the greatest pranksters ever! Cognito ranks as one of the BEST! Now Dolphins loose not only best oline player but also best prankster FOR A DRUG ATTIC!!? Cant weight until Richie is doin pranks for Jets next year!! Guys in that lockerroom will love the excitemint and suprizes that Richie brings to the team!! Regis Philbin is gonna WISH he had him back!!! This is all gonna come out in the wash fokes! I will just keep sittin here praying that Kathy Ireland and Regis Philbin get all the AIDS you can get! Every last drop! ALL OF IT!!! Wait for the wash to come out!! WAIT!! Then you will see that MARTIN has been doing all the drugs that he wants! Pills, cokes, herrowins needles, dope, TLC!! EVERYTHING!!! Get his piss! If you guys were true fans you would get all of his piss for the test, Then you gonna say that I was RIGHT and that MARTIN should just be suicided already!! Gonna be too late for Cognito to SAVE you than!!! JUST WAIT!!!!!    Today 2:24pm
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2013, 03:34:40 PM »
lol at him calling out libtards right out of the gates  :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »
That was a great post, MIR.

I heard the Lebatard segment as well as it's on ESPN Radio here (not some local guy).   Richie was completely serious, I figured that rookies got shaken down for a lunch or $200 bar tap.  Richie came across as a complete dick.   

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2013, 06:01:01 PM »
It'd be very interesting to see how this played out if it wasn't halfway through an NFL season. If this goes down in the off season, there probably isn't as much Anti-Martin sentiment. They are pissed at him because he abandoned him and took Incognito down with him.

But Incognito has no excuse for being a complete piece of crap.  It's pretty mumped up that the entire locker room is defending him, but the "honorary" thing is so rough ridin' stupid.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »
He should be rewarded NOT suspendered!!!

:lol:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2013, 07:08:37 PM »

That wasn't actually a post from Richie Incognito's father.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »

That wasn't actually a post from Richie Incognito's father.

no crap?