Author Topic: 2014 Recruiting Thread  (Read 364697 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #1125 on: October 08, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
Well, something has changed.  Hence, the change.

Nope, KU is still KU.  Bill Self is still the same coach.  You guys are just way shittier now with oscar Weber, and your fans will inevitably go the tuck route and blame KU's success on cheating.

I don't think you are right about the no cheating part, but I do think you are right about K-State sucking balls at basketball.  They are not mutually exclusive.

You are all becoming a bunch of butthurt tucks.  It's just the natural progression for a Weber-coached program. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 08, 2013, 03:50:50 PM »
There's tons of stuff going at KU beems.   Just enjoy it.   You guys are really good at it, don't be a typical phogtuck.   I am enjoying the phogtucks now pointing all kinds of fingers at Roy and UNC, I guess they forgot that Roy walked out the door at KU and his actions ultimately led to KU basketball being placed on probation.   

Self is is from the Larry Brown school so that's going to be a lot of cheating with mountains of plausible deniability.   Really fantastic stuff.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 08, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »
No comment then, beems? It's duly noted.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: October 08, 2013, 03:56:00 PM »
There's tons of stuff going at KU beems.   Just enjoy it.   You guys are really good at it, don't be a typical phogtuck.   I am enjoying the phogtucks now pointing all kinds of fingers at Roy and UNC, I guess they forgot that Roy walked out the door at KU and his actions ultimately led to KU basketball being placed on probation.   

Self is is from the Larry Brown school so that's going to be a lot of cheating with mountains of plausible deniability.   Really fantastic stuff.

All I've said is that nothing has changed.  KU didn't just start cheating its ass off all of a sudden.  We don't do it any different than Kentucky, Duke, UNC, or any other program. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:03:39 PM by OregonSmock »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: October 08, 2013, 03:58:52 PM »
Well, something has changed.  Hence, the change.

Nope, KU is still KU.  Bill Self is still the same coach.  You guys are just way shittier now with oscar Weber, and your fans will inevitably go the tuck route and blame KU's success on cheating.

I don't think you are right about the no cheating part, but I do think you are right about K-State sucking balls at basketball.  They are not mutually exclusive.

You are all becoming a bunch of butthurt tucks.  It's just the natural progression for a Weber-coached program.

Bread, please confirm....

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 08, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »

All I've said is that nothing has changed.  KU didn't just start cheating its ass of all of a sudden.  We don't do it any different than Kentucky, Duke, UNC, or any other program. 

That's kind of my point. Personally, i don't think Cal pays players(at least not much more than any other blue bloods). However, one ventures onto the phog or twitter...and that's all you see.

I think the Wiggins pick up brought some attention to KU and thus more 5 stars are coming.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: October 08, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »

All I've said is that nothing has changed.  KU didn't just start cheating its ass of all of a sudden.  We don't do it any different than Kentucky, Duke, UNC, or any other program.

Admission that cheating it's ass off has been a long standing tradition in  a program that values tradition over almost all?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »

Yeah, KU does do it differently than most other programs because you know you can get away with more.   

KU literally had people sent off to Federal Prison on a BASKETBALL ticket money laundering operation and as far as we know, the NCAA never formally inquired about it all.   That happens at Fresno State and the entire fleet of NCAA jets is on the way in hours.

KU always manages to have some sort of family connection on the team and on the coaching staff.   Absolutely perfect money funneling; that can be denied and  :dunno: all day long and twice on Sunday.    KU basketball also does a fantastic job with agents. 

Of course you're gonna mention Beasley, and bro I can tell ya, the NCAA literally pounded the streets and knocked on doors trying pin something on K-State, they just got stone walled.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: October 08, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »
GUYS, KU'S CHEATING (BUT SAME AS OTHER CHEATERS AND THOSE WHO KU ACCUSES OF CHEATING) AND K-STATE SUCKING BALLS AT BASKETBALL NOW AND WEBER BEING TERRIBLE ARE TEARING THIS BOARD APART!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 08, 2013, 04:07:40 PM »

That's kind of my point. Personally, i don't think Cal pays players(at least not much more than any other blue bloods). However, one ventures onto the phog or twitter...and that's all you see.

I think the Wiggins pick up brought some attention to KU and thus more 5 stars are coming.

Well, there are a bunch of butthurt tucks on phog and twitter as well.  I will be the first to admit that.  I agree that the Wiggins commitment brought KU some extra attention, and it looks like it might be helping with the 2014 recruiting class.  Jerrance Howard was also a really nice addition to the coaching staff. 

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 08, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

Well, there are a bunch of butthurt tucks on phog and twitter as well.  I will be the first to admit that.  I agree that the Wiggins commitment brought KU some extra attention, and it looks like it might be helping with the 2014 recruiting class.  Jerrance Howard was also a really nice addition to the coaching staff.

Always helps to hire a coach that has been with Larry Brown for a while. He might be the dirtiest coach of all time.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: October 08, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »

Always helps to hire a coach that has been with Larry Brown for a while. He might be the dirtiest coach of all time.

Larry might be, and I wish we had him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1137 on: October 08, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »
I think the definition of "suck" is overly broad on this board.  Its use ranges from reigning conference champs to not having won a conference game in years.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 09, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »
this thread is less fun than it already was.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 09, 2013, 09:41:19 AM »
Getting rid of some non recruiters(Manning, and now Dooley) has to help KU's recruiting.  Also, Cal has not had to "go the extra mile" in quite sometime, he has created a self fulfilling monster at UK. 

There is also the fact that Bill is a better coach than Cal (I love Cal but he has much lower lows than Bill).

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: October 09, 2013, 10:02:49 AM »

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 09, 2013, 10:04:40 AM »
@lopakman

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 09, 2013, 10:34:59 AM »

It would of been like Bob again, but instead of drinking it would of been dementia.  :Crybaby:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 09, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »

It would of been like Bob again, but instead of drinking it would of been dementia.  :Crybaby:

Guys, I think Pearl could get us there, and doesn't his show cause run out next year?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 09, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »

Guys, I think Pearl could get us there, and doesn't his show cause run out next year?
Believe so, It would be a boss move if Currie made oscar hire oscar as Assistant to the Head Coach. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 09, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »

Believe so, It would be a boss move if Currie made oscar hire oscar as Assistant to the Head Coach.

LOL, wut

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 09, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
Javon Bess visiting this weekend

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=1638

:pray:

This one's not happening.

It's possible, just not probable. Any time you have been recruiting a player longer than the other interested schools, have an official visit set up, and can offer immediate playing time, then you're still in the race.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline joaks01

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 14, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »

Saw DJamer showing him around late Saturday. Looked to be enjoying Manhattan. Shy, humble kid.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1149 on: October 14, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

Saw DJamer showing him around late Saturday. Looked to be enjoying Manhattan. Shy, humble kid.

He is going on an official to MSU next weekend per 247.