Author Topic: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)  (Read 41030 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: "That's so funny" (Scrubs thread)
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
My ABCs and My Finale are both in my all-time top 3 (My Overkill).  JD walking through that hallway and seeing his future is amazing.  On My ABCs the guy dying for me is the saddest moment in the history of the show.  The Sesame Street cameos were unbelievable.

The best part of this season was an introduction to two rising comedic stars, Aziz Ansari and Eliza Coupe, who were both phenomenal on the season and continue to do so on their current projects.  These two might be my two favorite current comedic actors.

Did you guys ever see the webisodes during this season?  They were called "Interns" and it featured the interns, mainly Sunny Day and Jo, they were great.  It gave me promise for the next season but they went in a completely different direction even from the webisodes.

My ABC's had the saddest moment for you? wow, big words. I just wasn't invested enough in him; i think other characters from past seasons dying would take the cake for me.

Currently love Coupe on Happy Endings. Really excited about this new season.

I caught a couple, mainly i remember Jimmy the overly-touchy orderly one. I need to get on the youtubes.

it wasn't the character but the moment, the wife and kid, JD crying (only time on the series I believe), Josh Radin's sesame street theme playing underneath, it just got me.  The character that dies that I thought was the saddest storyline was Luverne.  JDs dad dying was completely different for me because I really liked John Ritter, threes company was my favorite show when I was a kid & I really like Sling Blade.  Jill Tracy's death and the four succeeding deaths was also a very sad storyline.  As documented several times, Ben's death did nothing for me.

agreed, except the Ben part of course. Also, Mrs. Wilk's death was very sad for me. When Coldplay's Fix You was played at the end of My Cabbage, pretty powerful.

It might have been the least effective use of "Fix You" I have ever seen. The green on the hands that spread to her nose and stuff got the point across, but it was hard to watch. It made the moment too unreal to be powerful for me.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2012, 12:07:09 PM »
lol glad we can agree then.

Also, im starting Season 9 :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
When Cabbage killed Mrs. Wilk, I wasn't sad, I was angry.  The episode in which she dies was ruined for me by Dave Foley.

Jakesie, the reruns do run in order but you have to watch the right syndicate.  Scrubs is syndicated three different ways; on WGN, on Comedy Central, and through local affiliates.  They run in order in all three but because of frequency of broadcast they are at different spots in the show run.  For example, I don't watch Scrubs on WGN because the airtime sucks for me, I don't watch on Comedy Central because they change when it comes on quite a bit so it is easy to miss one or two.  I watch in my local affiliate.  Last year I watched My Last Day here in Wichita the next night I was in Ithaca at my in-laws and I watched My Overkill on the Syracuse local affiliate, hooked the mother in law on scrubs this night incidentally.  I do this when travelling quite a bit, nerdy I know but when I go somewhere I check online for the local affiliate that carries scrubs and the time it comes on.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2012, 10:12:20 PM »
My Screw Up and My Catalyst were the best for me. Two of the most powerful/emotional endings I've ever seen in a sitcom. Both really got to me.

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »
Also, how much great music did Scrubs introduce you to? I feel like there could easily be a thread on just the music from this series.

This is one of my favorites:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:09:06 AM by MixBerryCrunch »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:35 PM »
Yeah I have a ton of music in my MP3 directly because of Scrubs.  Two of my favorites I just mentioned.  Overkill & Joshua Radin's Sesame Street Theme.  Also love Boston by Augustana.

There is a scene from My Fifteen Minutes where JD thinks Turk is going to be happy about a Sacred Heart billboard and Turk is pissed.  This stands out for two reasons, one I can only think of one more time when they used a pop adult contemporary top 40 song (Toto's Africa is the other time) and it is the only time I can remember them using music in the manner in which they did.  Guess I didn't mention the song yet, Wonderful by Everclear.

Nice subtopic MBC

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 12:17:02 AM »
Love the toto song and jd singing it in the bathtub. Another great one is Question by Old 97s  they use it when Turk proposes to Carla. Just an epic proposal song. Oddly enough I don't remember the episode but I do remember hearing that everclear song from the show so I know I've seen it.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »
Love the toto song and jd singing it in the bathtub. Another great one is Question by Old 97s  they use it when Turk proposes to Carla. Just an epic proposal song. Oddly enough I don't remember the episode but I do remember hearing that everclear song from the show so I know I've seen it.

with JD running around them with Sparklers :love:

MIR, do you mean they rarely use popular/mainstream songs? i really don't know which ones would be pop adult contemporary top 40 song or not. 

i've got plenty of Scrubs songs on my ipod too. My roommate can always tell when a "scrubs song" comes on. "Blue Eyes" is great.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2012, 08:57:05 PM »
The Scrubs take on ER Docs is dead on guys.  :surprised:  Mrs. BF brought me along for a visit to a potential new job.  On the tour we stopped by the ER and the doc on call literally highfived me.   It was so awesome he called me bro and I couldn't stop giggling afterward.

AND HE LOOKED LIKE THIS GUY! cept with cut off sleeve scrubs on!  :surprised:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2012, 12:30:12 PM »
Scrubs - Med School

:|    Really don't want to discuss this. I enjoyed a couple episodes..."Our First Day of School", "Our Role Models", "Our White Coats."

Lucy just wasn't a great lead character; really enjoyed Drew, Cole, and of course Denise. While i understand them giving this a shot, it will always end at Season 8 for me and I'm OK with that.
- chunkles

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2013, 03:46:30 PM »
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/03/the-best-of-zach-braffs-reddit-ama/

top 5 emotional scene for me. I cried like a little bitch.

How emotional were you during the Scrubs Season 8 finale?

Very sad. That scene where I walk down the hallway passed all of the supporting characters. I cried. And then watching that video projected on the sheet... I lost it. Most people don't know this, but the janitor who pulls the sheet down and says goodbye is Bill Lawrence. (the show's creator)

Read more: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/03/the-best-of-zach-braffs-reddit-ama/#ixzz2MzGnl1QY
- chunkles

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »
I think I cry most consistently when Elliot gets engaged. Dashboard, man.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »
Just realized most of my youtube links in my rankings are broke. eff.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
Here's a spotify playlist for most of Scrubs music. Pretty cool

http://open.spotify.com/user/jozzssan/playlist/1yZszy1GsSRTsHKNyfMGZk
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »
 :D

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2013, 05:33:24 PM »
Now that it's combofanning season, should we go through the series together, real life friends? Like, in two weeks we'll come back and discuss season one, two weeks later come back and discuss season two? Maybe even use the chat function for such an occasion? I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
i'm game.
- chunkles

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2013, 11:01:32 PM »
Warm up the DVD machines! 

Offline kansas_troll_patrol

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Fan
  • Do you have a permit for that thing?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »
Now that it's combofanning season, should we go through the series together, real life friends? Like, in two weeks we'll come back and discuss season one, two weeks later come back and discuss season two? Maybe even use the chat function for such an occasion? I don't know, I'm just spitballing here.

Oh I'll play.  I mean I'm not scrubs expert but I've played a game of find the saltine once or twice.  ;)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 25, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »
I've played find the saltine, too!!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 25, 2013, 12:34:12 PM »
At Hasting's website, they do 30-40% used dvds with free shipping about once a month.  Got the whole series of Scrubs (9 doesn't count) for about $4 a season shipped

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 25, 2013, 12:41:06 PM »
so we got 4 now? Alright, when we doing this thing?
- chunkles

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 25, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »
I'll phase in and out.  I just don't think enough changes from season to season to make this as interesting as I would like it to be.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:41 PM »
I hate you, ChiCat. Always have.