Author Topic: Will Spradling  (Read 17865 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Will Spradling
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:43 AM »
I am hearing rumblings here in KC that Shannon and Suther are not happy with Weber and his inability to get will's shots to fall.  May be looking for a new coach shortly.

Just rumors at this point and I am not sure Shannon is even sure who he wants next.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
This guy on GPC thinks you're all dumbasses

HFD196

New walk-on to the team
Post #109
Salina, KS
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Ignore Re: Spradling Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back off the kid. He had a bad shooting night, but pretty sure no one else could hit much of their 3 pointers. Don't try to blame him as the reason we lost. And don't dare say the kid shouldn't be on the floor. You have no basketball IQ if you think that.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
You have no basketball IQ!!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:45 AM »
His regression shooting the ball is really strange.

I know he played off Jake his first year, but 48 games while shooting nearly 40% from 3 (at 3.5 attempts per game) isn't some insignificant statistic. But neither is shooting worse than 30% (at 4.4 attempts per game) over 37 games since then.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2013, 11:06:07 AM »
His regression shooting the ball is really strange.

I know he played off Jake his first year, but 48 games while shooting nearly 40% from 3 (at 3.5 attempts per game) isn't some insignificant statistic. But neither is shooting worse than 30% (at 4.4 attempts per game) over 37 games since then.

_FAN, you need to

Back off the kid. He had a bad shooting night, but pretty sure no one else could hit much of their 3 pointers.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 11:06:39 AM »
Will might be goEMAWs most hated, but he is not even close to the most hated by the fanbase as a whole.  Got the second loudest ovation last night behind McGruder during the lineup introductions.   Being local, white, and having Bob Knight tongue his balls so hard as a freshman will forever have tucks saying things like "you have no basketball IQ if you think he shouldn't be on the floor.
:adios:

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be on the floor, I'd just like someone to justify the argument of him playing 35 rough ridin' minutes a game

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »
Guys, I'm telling you, all Will needs is to get his confidence back. It's gone thanks to that mean bastard Frank. Once he's free of Frank you'll see the sharpshooter Will return! Also, his dad is apparently telling people he has had a staph infection on his shooting wrist all year, not sure but that probably has something to do with it as well.

- Tuck rallying cry circa March 2012

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »
Back off the kid. He had a bad shooting night, but pretty sure no one else could hit much of their 3 pointers.

That's that proper attitude to build a winning organization.  If others are sucking, it's OK for you to suck too. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2013, 11:14:56 AM »
Every game I have been to this year I have sat next to several tucks, all of whom didn't clap once for anyone during introductions except for Will.  Our fanbase loves will.  Loves him like they love church, talking about the decline of morality, and their guns.  The kind of love that can only come from a closed mind and a western style shirt.  The kind of love that equals the love of fried baloney with mustard washed down with a can of Old Style.  The pedestal that Will has been placed on is taller than all his haters standing on each others' shoulders.  I am surprised he can breathe up there. 

Offline camKSU

• SLTH
  • Combo-Fan
  • That's just like, your opinion, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2013, 11:17:50 AM »
Every game I have been to this year I have sat next to several tucks, all of whom didn't clap once for anyone during introductions except for Will.  Our fanbase loves will.  Loves him like they love church, talking about the decline of morality, and their guns.  The kind of love that can only come from a closed mind and a western style shirt.  The kind of love that equals the love of fried baloney with mustard washed down with a can of Old Style.  The pedestal that Will has been placed on is taller than all his haters standing on each others' shoulders.  I am surprised he can breathe up there.

Are you trying to say FSD and John Dougie love Will? Let's just say, I wouldn't be surprised...
untuck manhattan

Offline bjcpCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2013, 11:25:45 AM »
With his sorry ass in the game we were -24 points.  When he was out we were +19. 

I started keeping a tally towards the end of the first half and had to reconstruct the beginning from memory so these numbers could be off a little.   I know for a fact that it was -10 in, +9 out in the 2nd half.

Is there not a member of the media that can do this simple analysis and point it out?  The only thing more worthless than Sprat is the media.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »
With his sorry ass in the game we were -24 points.  When he was out we were +19. 

I started keeping a tally towards the end of the first half and had to reconstruct the beginning from memory so these numbers could be off a little.   I know for a fact that it was -10 in, +9 out in the 2nd half.

Is there not a member of the media that can do this simple analysis and point it out?  The only thing more worthless than Sprat is the media.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/kansas-state/will-spradling/plus_minus

His RR was -22.

Irving's was +8.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
The problem with Will is the alternative is Tay. For the 1 and 2 spots we really only have Angel and those 2 to work with. And while many of Tay's numbers are better than Will's, he doesn't exactly provide a dynamic replacement, especially for a SR.

No doubt, the 2 spot is by far the weakest position on the team. JO and Gip have their own limitations at the 5, but they provide much more right now (and consistently) than the 2.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

Shane was 5/11 and Rodney was 3/9 (and most of his looks were contested).  So by "no one else" i guess we should assume he's talking about Angel.
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »
The problem with Will is the alternative is Tay. For the 1 and 2 spots we really only have Angel and those 2 to work with. And while many of Tay's numbers are better than Will's, he doesn't exactly provide a dynamic replacement, especially for a SR.

No doubt, the 2 spot is by far the weakest position on the team. JO and Gip have their own limitations at the 5, but they provide much more right now (and consistently) than the 2.

Shane played some one and two as a freshman.  It might be worse for ball handling, but our offense isn't predicated on lots of dribbling anyway.  Would make for some tough matchups for teams without long guards.

1. #teamAngel  :love:
2. Sexy Shane :love:
3. Hot Rod :love:
4. D.O.B.  :alleyoop:
5. Big Gip   :love:
:adios:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2013, 12:32:49 PM »
I just love how Shane has developed into a scorer. It's unbelievable how much better he looks this year. I don't know if it's the coach or if Shane just decided he was going to wreck crap.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2013, 02:16:27 PM »
I'm not arguing that he shouldn't be on the floor, I'd just like someone to justify the argument of him playing 35 rough ridin' minutes a game

Yeah, I mean I understand that we are shallow at guard, but Irving is just flat out better than Spradling. Will should be getting less than 15 minutes per game.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »

Best first post ever?

Offline skycat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »

Denied, plus/minus is more worthless than either.

kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/a_treatise_on_plus_minus

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:17 PM »
with Spradling you just look and shake your head, the kid has been given opportunity after opportunity to step up when it really matters and he delivers about every 5 or 6 games.

dax is right, the problem isn't that spradling is so bad, it's that he's been provided with far too many opportunities to fail.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
Will has now played 85 games at K-State, and played 68% of the available minutes.

In his first 48 games as a Wildcat, Will hit 67 of 169 threes, for 39.6%.

In his last 37 games as a Wildcat, Will hit 46 of 161 threes, for 28.6%.

after his freshman season i was convinced he would be a high volume 45% shooter by his jr. year.  i can't think of any other occasion where i've been so wrong, or any other player that has so disappointed me (in terms of living up to his potential).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Will has now played 85 games at K-State, and played 68% of the available minutes.

In his first 48 games as a Wildcat, Will hit 67 of 169 threes, for 39.6%.

In his last 37 games as a Wildcat, Will hit 46 of 161 threes, for 28.6%.

after his freshman season i was convinced he would be a high volume 45% shooter by his jr. year.  i can't think of any other occasion where i've been so wrong, or any other player that has so disappointed me (in terms of living up to his potential).

Can anyone relate WS failure by playing with Jake to the Illini teams after D. Williams & D. Brown split?

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 07:37:59 PM »
The kind of love that equals the love of fried baloney with mustard washed down with a can of Old Style.
:drool:I was wondering what to fix for supper. Probably ought to have some mac and cheese with that.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Bennett was weird, which was great.  i don't think he would receive many votes for most hated.  remember when he was dressed up in that weird costume, in the graveyard?  odd guy, not hated...i don't think.

So many good Bennett times.  The time he fouled out at Nub in 11 minutes with zero points was probably my fav.

I had a friend tell me about a party she was at, where one Bennett, full of lank, walked up to some girls sitting on a couch and said something to the extent of "I play on the basketball team, wanna eff?"  they politely declined and he got up and left.  True story.