Author Topic: Tornado Season 2024  (Read 125580 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Tornado Season 2013
« Reply #775 on: May 25, 2013, 12:16:51 AM »
HE IS RISEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Tornado Season 2013
« Reply #776 on: May 27, 2013, 09:30:33 AM »

Bump  :shakesfist:
RIP Fatty

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 27, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
 Be careful what you wish for

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
Be careful what you wish for

No wishing involved.
RIP Fatty

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: May 28, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »
 :ohno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 28, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
thanks for you concern, dicks (thanks, CFoD and CNS  :D)

My family and I were actually out of the state all week, so I wasn't around during DeathStorm2013, although I have 3 close friends who lost everything.  Thanks, Obama.

Glad you're not dead, OK Cat.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »
Corning, ks got pretty tore up tonight

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 28, 2013, 09:50:49 PM »
Corning, ks got pretty tore up tonight
I know of five farms that got hit. Don't know about overall damage. Sounds like no injuries.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2013, 08:31:19 AM »
RIP Tim Samaras, his son Paul Samaras and fellow researcher Carl Young. They will be missed.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/bios/tim-samaras/
RIP Fatty

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »
RIP Tim Samaras, his son Paul Samaras and fellow researcher Carl Young. They will be missed.

Holy crap, did they die chasing?

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 02, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »

Holy crap, did they die chasing?

Yes.
RIP Fatty

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 02, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
Chasing is getting dangerous lately.

There are way too many amateurs out there clogging up the roads.
Not sure exactly what happened with Tim, but I wanted to put this point out there.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 02, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »

Not sure exactly what happened with Tim, but I wanted to put this point out there.

Yeah leave the weather guessing game to those who have bestowed themselves professionals.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 02, 2013, 09:40:51 AM »

Then throw in all the people fleeing the projected path

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 02, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »

Agree, too many people, getting too close. Tim's research was based on dropping probes in front of tornadoes. It is still early but in looking at different information it looks as if they were heading to lay down probes in the El Reno Tornado and it shifted from a east south easterly tornado to a north east moving one in a matter of seconds. Positively unpredictable. That is why I know I have no business being any were that close to a storm and I never will.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 02, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »

Then throw in all the people fleeing the projected path

That crap better stop. I can't believe that the news people down there were actually saying that was a good idea. It's not a rough ridin' hurricane were your have DAYS notice. If anything comes of this I am hoping for at the very least building codes be updated to mandate business and new housing construction be required to have some sort of tornado shelter build that can withstand at least an EF3.
RIP Fatty

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Tornado Season 2013
« Reply #792 on: June 02, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
People have been fleeing these things for years down there. What if it's the crazy storm chasers clogging the roadways?

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 02, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »
People have been fleeing these things for years down there. What if it's the crazy storm chasers clogging the roadways?

Yes it is a problem. I was on the Smith Center storm Monday and the chasers were just plan stupid. The storm paralled Hyw 36 the whole time and god forbid if it would have dropped on on 36 is would have just throw cars left and right. I had exit options planed to move south so felt comfortable but may I should not have. I am seriously reevaluating the way I think about chasing because of this. Tim was the LHC Bill Snyder of research chasing.
RIP Fatty

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 02, 2013, 10:05:33 AM »
I was in Oklahoma the day of the Moore storm and we were chasing a cell south of there an hour away, and I just couldn't believe the number of chasers that I saw that day and in the previous two days before that. 

I saw people without headlights on, people pulling out in front of others, and fools passing dangerously. 

There is going to be a pile up someday. 

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: June 02, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »

Ivey told me in a text that he was "best of the best".

Yes it is a problem. I was on the Smith Center storm Monday and the chasers were just plan stupid. The storm paralled Hyw 36 the whole time and god forbid if it would have dropped on on 36 is would have just throw cars left and right. I had exit options planed to move south so felt comfortable but may I should not have. I am seriously reevaluating the way I think about chasing because of this. Tim was the LHC LHC Bill Snyder of research chasing.

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 02, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
I was in Oklahoma the day of the Moore storm and we were chasing a cell south of there an hour away, and I just couldn't believe the number of chasers that I saw that day and in the previous two days before that. 

I saw people without headlights on, people pulling out in front of others, and fools passing dangerously. 

The worse I saw was one April 14th last year. I got on that storm south west of Salina and followed it all the way up to Northern Riley county. I did not know it at the time because I was too busy watch the storm and monitoring the radar but my buddy, who was driving was driving over the speed limit at time because we were in the middle of the "pack" of about 50 chasers. SPEEDING!!!!! I was so pissed when I found out. That was just to keep the flow. If you  are speeding to get out of the way of storm, that's one thing but to catch a storm. It should never rough ridin' be that way. I really hate how chasing has become.
RIP Fatty

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 02, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »

Ivey told me in a text that he was "best of the best".

Yes it is a problem. I was on the Smith Center storm Monday and the chasers were just plan stupid. The storm paralled Hyw 36 the whole time and god forbid if it would have dropped on on 36 is would have just throw cars left and right. I had exit options planed to move south so felt comfortable but may I should not have. I am seriously reevaluating the way I think about chasing because of this. Tim was the LHC LHC Bill Snyder of research chasing.

I don't consider Tim a storm "chaser" I feel right now that would be like calling a Solder how died for his country a mercenary. He was in it for the science and he had such a passion for it. He will be missed greatly.
RIP Fatty

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 02, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
Kansas needs to charge a significant storm chasing tax.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 02, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »

The worse I saw was one April 14th last year. I got on that storm south west of Salina and followed it all the way up to Northern Riley county. I did not know it at the time because I was too busy watch the storm and monitoring the radar but my buddy, who was driving was driving over the speed limit at time because we were in the middle of the "pack" of about 50 chasers. SPEEDING!!!!! I was so pissed when I found out. That was just to keep the flow. If you  are speeding to get out of the way of storm, that's one thing but to catch a storm. It should never rough ridin' be that way. I really hate how chasing has become.

So your driver didnt slow down?