Author Topic: AT&T Cotton Bowl Travel/Roll Call thread  (Read 16404 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: AT&T Cotton Bowl Travel/Roll Call thread
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2011, 01:24:57 PM »
Also staying at Sheraton in downtown Ft. Worth. There's a $10 shuttle to game in easy walking distance, so I guess that's better than paying to park unless you've got 5 or 6 in a car.

K-State's planning has been pretty meh. Aside from the pep ralley on Thursday, all they really seem to give a crap about is selling $1000 "alumni travel packages." Instead of announcing an "official" spot for the rest of us, like Sundance Square, Cat fans are just going word of mouth and are spread all over the DFTW metro. Also should have arranged for a free shuttle to the game from said official spot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »
Downtown Ft. Worth simply due to the bus offered from there to the game for 10 bucks a person to avoid having to  :driving: to the game.

Seems like quite a few walkable bars that might be able to avoid kstateo if desired.

I'm staying where ever mrs. kcpowercat got us cheap rooms. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
Official roll call time.  Who's going and what are your plans?

Guy's weekend for me.  Meeting a couple buddies from Houston and LA.  :cheers: 

I get in at around noon on Friday and plan on being fairly pak'd by the time my plane lands.  :drink: 

We'll play it by ear on Friday but probably get to the stadium fairly early to crash some tailgates.  :weirdrobert:

Probably start looking for tickets from scalpers about 30 minutes prior to kickoff.  :dunno:

Go wherever the night takes us after the game.  :driving:

We're staying Saturday night too, so we'll sleep in and find some grub in Dallas on Saturday when we roll out of bed and find a place to catch the round-ball Q@s.  :fatty: :drink: :combofan:

Then we'll hit some elite clubs in downtown Dallas on Saturday.  :gocho:

Arrive home on Sunday evening to a wife and screeming kids who will undoubtedly make me pay for the 2 day bender.  :sdeek:

Recommendations welcome. tia
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
Not going.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »
If you're going, give your mizzou tickets to a goEMAW'r.

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
Rams, I'm in Dallas already.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 12:06:30 PM »
Going with Dad and little bro. Leaving KC at 8am tomorrow. Frankie's is having a KSU watch party for the game. I know that means Creepy Fitz will be there, but lots of purple too. Isn't there another bar or two doing a watch party as well?

Offline bigDcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2012, 12:08:43 PM »
Going with Dad and little bro. Leaving KC at 8am tomorrow. Frankie's is having a KSU watch party for the game. I know that means Creepy Fitz will be there, but lots of purple too. Isn't there another bar or two doing a watch party as well?

Myself and a bunch of EMAWs on this board are going to watch the game at the Dallas watch party in Uptown at Christie's Bar.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
Will be at the Worthington Renaissance Fort Worth Hotel with a few other people.  That's really all I know.

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2012, 12:29:19 PM »

Myself and a bunch of EMAWs on this board are going to watch the game at the Dallas watch party in Uptown at Christie's Bar.

Good to know.  May lean towards heading back to uptown postgame.  Would rather avoid Ft. Worth if we can find enough EMAW to pak with in Dallas.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
Staying at some hotel in Arlington, party of about 20 (suck on that sugarbowl)
Dax fan club member!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012, 12:34:45 PM »
FYI

http://www.the-t.com/BusService/SpecialPrograms/tabid/247/Default.aspx

Cowboys Coach
Forget the traffic hassle, parking costs and long walk to the stadium! Ride The T’s Cowboys Coach shuttle from downtown Fort Worth to Cowboys Stadium for all 2011 regular season and playoff games, and for five scheduled college games in 2011 - 12.
Events listed below will be served.
Scheduled College Games
Sat, Sept. 3 - LSU vs. Oregon - 7:00 PM
Sat, Oct. 1 - Arkansas vs. Texas A&M - TBA
Fri, Oct. 28 - TCU vs. BYU - TBA
Sat, Nov. 26 - Texas Tech vs. Baylor - TBA
Fri, Jan. 6, 2012 - Cotton Bowl - 7:00 PM
Shuttle Ticket - $10.00 per person (round-trip, cash only)
Departure
Shuttles begin boarding at the Vickery Park & Ride two hours prior to announced/published game time and leave as they fill. The last shuttle leaves one hour prior to game time.
Return
Shuttle staging is at Lot 15, approx. 900 feet from Cowboys Stadium. Shuttles begin boarding after the game and return as they fill. The last shuttle return is one hour after the game is over.
Note: No coolers/ice chests; all personal items must be taken with you when you exit the shuttle.

Offline theShow

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »
 Driving down Thursday morning
Cramming 10 people in a hotel room meant for maybe 4 in Arlington.
Will be at Frankie's on Thursday night  :drink:
Tailgating at 12 on Friday  :ksu:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:20 PM »
:flush:

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 01:12:34 PM »
Had to settle for the Omni....  :roll eyes:

can't win em all.

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
Flying in Weds evening just seconds before Tipoff.  Will be watching Cats from bar in DFW airport.  Then on to a swanky hotel in the Galleria area of Dallas.  Probably uptown on Thursday night.  Friday going to stay near the stadium and tailgate. 

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »
Leaving KC Metro at 6:30am Thursday.  I-35'in it.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline jmlynch1

• Katpak'r
  • stay together for the kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »
Had to settle for the Omni....  :roll eyes:

can't win em all.
Are you watching the Mizzou game in Dallas? Please PM.

Offline Malberry Squeezins

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • EMAW safehaven for the little man
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
Appears all you little rascals are in for a big 'o time in Dallas.  That's just some wildass crap what I'm seeing posted, whoooooweeeeeee.  The town may never be the same
EMAW, trolls have about as much chancet around here as a pecker gnat buzzin the head of Jackie Chan.

Offline bigwilliestyle1407

• Combo-Fan
  • "when the eff did we get ice cream?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:27 PM »
Meeting up with some purple bleeding Cats fans, Friday morning leaving the ICT around 9 a.m or so. Then Heading down  to the Arlington to do tailgating in lot 5, getting pak'ed before watching my Wild Wildcats slaughter some piggies from the 6th row. Then driving back to the La casa by early Saturday morning.......  Boom!!!!

"Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming."
 John Wooden

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:17 PM »
Meeting up with some purple bleeding Cats fans, Friday morning leaving the ICT around 9 a.m or so. Then Heading down  to the Arlington to do tailgating in lot 5, getting pak'ed before watching my Wild Wildcats slaughter some piggies from the 6th row. Then driving back to the La casa by early Saturday morning.......  Boom!!!!

Know what I'm gonna do?  Get up in the morning and mess around, then go to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then over to the X Ms. Stone for a little T.V., then over to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yep, that's what I'm gonna do alright.  Hop out of the sack, mess around then down to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then slide over to the X Ms. Stone for some TV then it's off to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yes sir e bub, that's the plan alright.  Wake up, mess around some the saunter down to the old filling station for a bottle of pop, then high tail it over to the X Ms. Stone's to watch TV then I'm off to the old Cotton Bowl.
EMAW, trolls have about as much chancet around here as a pecker gnat buzzin the head of Jackie Chan.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »

Know what I'm gonna do?  Get up in the morning and mess around, then go to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then over to the X Ms. Stone for a little T.V., then over to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yep, that's what I'm gonna do alright.  Hop out of the sack, mess around then down to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then slide over to the X Ms. Stone for some TV then it's off to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yes sir e bub, that's the plan alright.  Wake up, mess around some the saunter down to the old filling station for a bottle of pop, then high tail it over to the X Ms. Stone's to watch TV then I'm off to the old Cotton Bowl.

Is that the arkie fight song?

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »
Meeting up with some purple bleeding Cats fans, Friday morning leaving the ICT around 9 a.m or so. Then Heading down  to the Arlington to do tailgating in lot 5, getting pak'ed before watching my Wild Wildcats slaughter some piggies from the 6th row. Then driving back to the La casa by early Saturday morning.......  Boom!!!!

Know what I'm gonna do?  Get up in the morning and mess around, then go to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then over to the X Ms. Stone for a little T.V., then over to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yep, that's what I'm gonna do alright.  Hop out of the sack, mess around then down to the filling station for a bottle of pop, then slide over to the X Ms. Stone for some TV then it's off to the Cotton Bowl to watch the game.  Yes sir e bub, that's the plan alright.  Wake up, mess around some the saunter down to the old filling station for a bottle of pop, then high tail it over to the X Ms. Stone's to watch TV then I'm off to the old Cotton Bowl.

Is that the arkie fight song?

Nah, but i'm betting you'll know the Arkansas fight  by the end of the night, after the game

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:56 PM »
Hit that line, Hit that line, Keep on going,

Move that ball right down the field.

Give a cheer, Rah! Rah!

Never fear, Rah Rah

Arkansas will never yield.