Author Topic: Good game Jayhawks  (Read 593 times)

Offline ^_^

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Good game Jayhawks
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
Our offense was definitely lagging due to having 40+ days off but thankfully our dominant SEC defense picked up the slack.  It goes to show you just how above the SEC is in comparison to other conferences.  We had probably the 8th or 9th best defense in the SEC and we were still able to hold your team to only 260 yards total offense.  Be thankful you didn't have to play an Alabama or LSU or things would have gotten ugly real quick.

I wish we would have put another couple of TDs on you but Petrino slowed things down there towards the end.  He probably didn't want to piss your coach off too bad because he is old and probably would have had a heart attack...and that sort of things hangs with you for a while, and that is the last thing Petrino needs on his national championship run next season.

Unfortunately this was the only SEC/Big 12 bowl game this season, and it went as expected.  The Big 12 isn't a "bad" conference, but they are firmly below the SEC.  But being number 2 or 3 isn't all that bad, right?

I wish for all of you that you would have made a BCS bowl this season.  Although you probably would have lost, it would be a good end to what is a once-in-a-lifetime season for your Jayhawks.  You might have lucked out and got to lose to a different SEC powerhouse, and I'm sure it is really inspiring for your players to get to see the teams they look up to in person.  It gives them something to work towards, ya know?

I'll be cheering for you, but it is looking like you are going to go back to 5 and 6 win seasons for the next few years.   :cry:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Good game Jayhawks
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
Thanks

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Good game Jayhawks
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »
Appreciate it, ^_^.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]