Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 378383 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5925 on: September 19, 2023, 04:19:27 PM »
I don't get the chicken stuff. I mean, if you didn't have like stores to buy eggs for basically free then I'd get it. but otherwise it just seems like a PITA and waste of energy. unless you enjoy it obviously. then go nuts if that makes you happy.

The chicken ranching gives the city/hippy/greenies who have a large suburban lot or mini ranch some sense of getting with nature farming.

And has for 15 years.  Then genius restauranteurs realized they can sell these same women "farm to table" concepts at a nice 20% markup over the Tyson birds that they were actually still serving

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions
« Reply #5926 on: September 19, 2023, 04:20:09 PM »
They Must wear a bandana and overalls or the chickens will all die

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: September 19, 2023, 04:24:34 PM »
This brings me back to my childhood days.  My mom had leghorns and some reddish-brown ones.  She would order chicks in the spring and get them mailed to us.  She would let me or my little brother hold them because it was easy to quash them.  At about 6 weeks old she would be picking out young fryers and keep the biggest and meanest of the reddish-brown and leghorns.  All the rest made fine Sunday meals.  YLA, enjoy those tasty meals.

i participated in a full on slaughter at a neighbors house.  meaning head chopped with hatchet, ran around spraying blood, dip in boiling water then pluck and use machine to get pinfeathers off.

Yea, we did it the same way.  Mom had a stump and an axe and she was very good at it.  My job was to go find the headless chickens, and they loved getting in the ditch with the ten-foot-high fireweeds.  Also, the house stunk really bad with her putting them in the sink with boiling water.  Sometimes it took days to get rid of the smell, but damn they tasted good.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: September 19, 2023, 04:27:21 PM »
they had outdoor kettle on coleman

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: September 19, 2023, 08:00:06 PM »
We had a huge outdoor kettle that sat on top of an incenter made of stacked steel tractor wheels with the spokes removed.  We would put wood in it and fill the kettle with water and while the fire heated the water to boiling we would shoot a pig just above the eyes while it was eating from a trough of grain and then hang it by the hind legs with the tractor and take it over to the kettle then dipped the pig for butchering.  In a way it was similar to butchering a chicken, but on a larger scale.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: September 20, 2023, 08:02:43 PM »
Taco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: September 20, 2023, 08:03:57 PM »
Gross naked neck, these remind me of those naked cats

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: September 20, 2023, 08:31:10 PM »

Speaking of cats.. 4 of these gals roaming around here

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: September 20, 2023, 08:31:53 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: September 20, 2023, 09:17:52 PM »
Nice male genitals buddy

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: September 20, 2023, 09:48:52 PM »
taco is a fine looking piece of chicken.  that naked neck bird is disgusting.  you should have your wife kill it next.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: September 20, 2023, 11:35:43 PM »
It looks diseased, I wouldn't eat it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: September 21, 2023, 10:41:35 AM »
I think his wife probably male genitals fights the bird that looks bad. Just says the neck is naturally all mumped up that way as a cover story.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: September 21, 2023, 02:19:26 PM »
I think his wife probably male genitals fights the bird that looks bad. Just says the neck is naturally all mumped up that way as a cover story.
Poor, ugly nakie was the one that was getting the brunt of the horncock

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: September 21, 2023, 02:28:41 PM »
good thing your wife ended that freak.  imagine getting hornt up for naked necks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5940 on: September 21, 2023, 02:32:15 PM »
We had a huge outdoor kettle that sat on top of an incenter made of stacked steel tractor wheels with the spokes removed.  We would put wood in it and fill the kettle with water and while the fire heated the water to boiling we would shoot a pig just above the eyes while it was eating from a trough of grain and then hang it by the hind legs with the tractor and take it over to the kettle then dipped the pig for butchering.  In a way it was similar to butchering a chicken, but on a larger scale.

jesus christ did you grow up at texas chainsaw massacre?

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5941 on: September 21, 2023, 09:21:16 PM »

jesus christ did you grow up at texas chainsaw massacre?

LOL, SD I didn't tell you what my job was when my old man shot the pig.  Do you want to know?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5942 on: September 21, 2023, 09:22:41 PM »
leatherface could do the quote function properly katdaddy!

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5943 on: September 21, 2023, 09:30:23 PM »
leatherface could do the quote function properly katdaddy!

Don't know what is causing it?  I hold off on describing my slaughter job.  :ohno:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5944 on: September 25, 2023, 04:19:04 PM »
My dad is out at the cat less ranch helping our crop farmer plant the wheat and sent some updates over the weekend.

"Krause drill, loaded with Hamilton variety of dryland wheat seed bought from Jim Tubbs (TTT seeds).  We used all the seed I bought, getting 300 bushel from Ken's bin, then taking to TTT for cleaning, the planting today."

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5945 on: September 25, 2023, 04:22:32 PM »
"Dumping bin wheat for cleaning (kid is from 3 hrs North of Johanesburg S A.).  Augering cleaned bin wheat into Krause for drilling.  View of milo field from back of Krause."

Online KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5947 on: September 25, 2023, 06:39:24 PM »
Ben ji are soil moisture conditions better than last year?

Is he using an air hose to get the wheat out of the truck?

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5948 on: September 25, 2023, 06:57:13 PM »
Ben ji are soil moisture conditions better than last year?

Is he using an air hose to get the wheat out of the truck?

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
No idea about the air hose but yeah, it rained this year. 18 inches so far (20 inches is average)and most of it since May so we may get a crop from our Milo this year and a wheat crop next year.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5949 on: September 25, 2023, 06:58:08 PM »
Also SNAKE pic for @sys