Author Topic: House buying/owning advice  (Read 110648 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: House buying/owning advice
« Reply #150 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:44 AM »
I think i'm moving downtown (City Market/lofts) after my Masters is done in September. I'm told i'm a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if I rent. I just don't know if buying a condo is a good idea. I kind of want to rent the first 6 months. I can't remember who said they had a condo downtown at MOAP 2.0. Thoughts?

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2012, 10:31:52 AM »
Just do whatever you want to do. It's your money. Don't let money snobs tell you what to do. There is more than one way to do something.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
I think i'm moving downtown (City Market/lofts) after my Masters is done in September. I'm told i'm a respect if I rent. I just don't know if buying a condo is a good idea. I kind of want to rent the first 6 months. I can't remember who said they had a condo downtown at MOAP 2.0. Thoughts?

Condos can be a tough sell.  I have a friend who has a downtown Condo she had to rent out because it wouldn't sell.  

I've been told to never buy a Condo if it's not downtown.  Plenty of vacant Condos around the burbs that are brand new and are having a tough time being sold.  
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »
i stopped eating food entirely six months ago and now just invest all of the money that i was spending on food into a roth ira. i've done the math and should be able to retire a full year earlier. food is for dummies but still you have americans just shoving their fat faces with it every single day. good god what a world.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
I think i'm moving downtown (City Market/lofts) after my Masters is done in September. I'm told i'm a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if I rent. I just don't know if buying a condo is a good idea. I kind of want to rent the first 6 months. I can't remember who said they had a condo downtown at MOAP 2.0. Thoughts?

rent

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

You should only buy if you know you are going to be someplace for 5 years or so. Otherwise, renting saves you money, reduces your responsibility, and makes it much easier to move.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:29 AM »
I think i'm moving downtown (City Market/lofts) after my Masters is done in September. I'm told i'm a respect if I rent. I just don't know if buying a condo is a good idea. I kind of want to rent the first 6 months. I can't remember who said they had a condo downtown at MOAP 2.0. Thoughts?

Condos can be a tough sell.  I have a friend who has a downtown Condo she had to rent out because it wouldn't sell.  

I've been told to never buy a Condo if it's not downtown.  Plenty of vacant Condos around the burbs that are brand new and are having a tough time being sold.  

the downtown kc condo market is incredibly over saturated.  you'd have to be a fool to purchase down there anytime in the next 5 -10 years.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »

I've got some property down there Fanning.  I would consider renting you one, or you could buy one.  I don't pay taxes on it so I'm very meh on whichever.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2012, 10:57:23 AM »

I've got some property down there Fanning.  I would consider renting you one, or you could buy one.  I don't pay taxes on it so I'm very meh on whichever.
Sweet. Sounds like i'll be renting. We'll be in touch soon. TIA  :thumbs:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2012, 11:33:04 AM »

You know where to find me.  I will need to maintain some type of control of at least one of the bedrooms for occasional too pak'd to drive evenings.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
City Market seems overpriced to me. I know we're all  :kstategrad: but that doesn't mean we should have to pay over market value for crap.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 23, 2012, 11:41:30 AM »
Renting makes wandering easier.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

You know where to find me.  I will need to maintain some type of control of at least one of the bedrooms for occasional too pak'd to drive evenings.
Well ya. It might be the smush room or if I get a good deal, you can just take my room on those nights.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »
renting sucks.  you don't need anyone else trying to tell you what animals to keep and where to keep them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
renting sucks.  i don't need anyone else trying to tell me what animals to keep and where to keep them.

LOL

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54:31 AM »
i just thought of a great reality show. sys lives with the michigancats.  :love:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »
i just thought of a great reality show. sys lives with the michigancats.  :love:
Uncle Sys would be the next Cosmo Kramer

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 23, 2012, 01:18:41 PM »

when my tiger gets out and eats several michigancat kids, that'll be my favorite episode.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »

when my tiger gets out and eats several michigancat kids, that'll be my favorite episode.

:lol:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »

you're a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) if you buy

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2012, 11:51:14 PM »
went to five open houses today and am kinda over the whole process.  daris, check PM and please pick one

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2012, 12:01:35 AM »
Where you buying a house, Tobias?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2012, 12:06:58 AM »

salina, though if i search again and it sucks as much as today (seems likely) i may just consider moving to a diff state.  any recommendations?  i'm open for suggestions.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »

salina, though if i search again and it sucks as much as today (seems likely) i may just consider moving to a diff state.  any recommendations?  i'm open for suggestions.

I highly suggest Manhattan. Great place with good-looking, great smelling people.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: House buying/owning advice
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2012, 12:37:21 AM »

What do you like to do?