Author Topic: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam  (Read 99688 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Sensible Muslims Doing Sensible Muslim Things in the Name of Islam
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2015, 09:39:29 PM »

And we've come full circle. Where history begins less than 100 years ago.
I just want to hear more about China being Russia's right hand.
lol he didn't say that.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2015, 10:24:27 PM »
Imagine what FSD will do when he find out ISIS allows other religions, just with a tax.  Will he go anti-tax, anti-Obama, anti-anti-Christian? so many options.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
Imagine what FSD will do when he find out ISIS allows other religions, just with a tax.  Will he go anti-tax, anti-Obama, anti-anti-Christian? so many options.

This is one of your more bizarre fantasies.

Plus, that is just unsolicited support for my earlier post.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 11:28:48 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2015, 11:31:02 PM »
Convenient that history begins with the end of ww1, considering the religion of the group credited with starting it.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2015, 11:37:14 PM »
Convenient that history begins with the end of ww1, considering the religion of the group credited with starting it.
serbian orthodox?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »
serbian orthodox?

Christians who grew up as impoverished serfs to their muslim landlords.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2015, 01:48:22 AM »
serbian orthodox?

ha.  are you saying muslims started WWI, FSD?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2015, 07:25:13 AM »
serbian orthodox?

No. My point all along is that muslim extremists have been senselessly slaughtering people long before ww1, the usa's need for ME oil or before the USA existed, even during times when it was "influencing" force on a regional and world scale,  so the notion that the current slaughtering is motivated primarily by Western influence is naive and negates hundreds,  even thousands of years of history. I'm sure people have been educated to believe the west is responsible for the current atrocities, much like a Parrott can be educated to ask for a cracker.

As for africa, western imperialism has had a much more pronounced and detrimental effect attributable to current violence in certain parts of "black africa". It's probably overstated, buts it's much more tangible.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2015, 10:20:55 AM »
serbian orthodox?

No. My point all along is that muslim extremists have been senselessly slaughtering people long before ww1, the usa's need for ME oil or before the USA existed, even during times when it was "influencing" force on a regional and world scale,  so the notion that the current slaughtering is motivated primarily by Western influence is naive and negates hundreds,  even thousands of years of history. I'm sure people have been educated to believe the west is responsible for the current atrocities, much like a Parrott can be educated to ask for a cracker.

As for africa, western imperialism has had a much more pronounced and detrimental effect attributable to current violence in certain parts of "black africa". It's probably overstated, buts it's much more tangible.
Oh. Of course you were.

Anyways, virtually every group with any power prior to WWI can be characterized as "senselessly slaughtering" people.  While we may rationalize our slaughters by calling them "wars," they were still slaughters (Phillipino Insurrection is a good example here).  So the pre-20th century brutality in the ME can hardly be characterized as unique.

And I think it's also important to acknowledge that the west totally screwed the pooch in how we carved up the Middle East after WWI.  I think it's unfair to pin all modern middle east violence on that, but at the very least, it a substantial factor.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2015, 10:22:12 AM »
Greenwald on the freedom of speech discussion surrounding the cartoons is worth a read:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/09/solidarity-charlie-hebdo-cartoons/

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2015, 10:36:45 AM »
Greenwald on the freedom of speech discussion surrounding the cartoons is worth a read:

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/09/solidarity-charlie-hebdo-cartoons/
enjoyed that.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
serbian orthodox?

Oh. Of course you were.

Anyways, virtually every group with any power prior to WWI can be characterized as "senselessly slaughtering" people.  While we may rationalize our slaughters by calling them "wars," they were still slaughters (Phillipino Insurrection is a good example here).  So the pre-20th century brutality in the ME can hardly be characterized as unique.

And I think it's also important to acknowledge that the west totally screwed the pooch in how we carved up the Middle East after WWI.  I think it's unfair to pin all modern middle east violence on that, but at the very least, it a substantial factor.

As you correctly point out, muslim extremist groups have been slaughtering people in the name of religion since before time. So, of course it would be silly to say the boundaries drawn up after ww1, which they've always ignored, is a substantial factor contributing to violence. They've never needed a reason other than religion to do this, and don't need one now.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2015, 03:43:39 PM »

And we've come full circle. Where history begins less than 100 years ago.
I just want to hear more about China being Russia's right hand.
lol he didn't say that.
Yup, he said that exact thing in the Cuba thread.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2015, 04:25:29 PM »
I'm guessing the Charlie Hebdo folks are pretty liberal and would have been quite critical of American meddling in the Middle East - but you know they all had to be slaughtered cause they drew some offensive cartoons.... Anyway it's still Americas fault, somehow.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 05:40:01 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2015, 07:48:04 PM »
I'm guessing the Charlie Hebdo folks are pretty liberal and would have been quite critical of American meddling in the Middle East - but you know they all had to be slaughtered cause they drew some offensive cartoons.... Anyway it's still Americas fault, somehow.
nobody (nobody) is defending the terrorists

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »

Just make up excuses for why they terrorize

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »
The Charlie Hedbo folks seem to be best described as unfunny morons more than anything. (this does not excuse what happened to them)

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »

- the rape, torture, murder, enslavement and other forms of violence these groups inflict upon people is overwhelming inflicted upon other muslims

Just a side note to throw into the discussion.  In the eyes of the Jihadis (or, whatever you want to call them), those people we refer to as "muslims" they victimize are not muslims.

I have a student who grew up in mostly in Egypt and and also had some time in Turkey.  He noted that Muslims, at least where he is from, classify races by behavior, and thus anyone that believes differently from them are not Muslims.  Thus, when you here some talking head Muslims after events such as the recent attacks in Paris and Nigeria say that the perpetrators are not Muslim, they are probably honestly stating their beliefs.  The only problem is that those that are dong the raping, pillaging, and murdering don't consider those talking heads to be Muslims either.

As a side not, just to screw with your minds, according to my student, in the eyes of the people he grew up around, there are only four races in the world: Muslims, Jews, Americans, and Somalis.  Still trying to sort this one out.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »

No, but people are blaming the terrorism on prior Mideast policy, which I'm just pointing out is a pretty stupid thing to say.

These people are the same savages now that they were 100 years ago. That's one of the reasons why the Mideast was carved up the way it was by the more civilized nations.

The main problem is Islam itself. It has more doctrinal impediments to modernization, peace, and civilized behavior than other religions. As Bill Maher correctly points out, Islam just seems to have a lot more bad ideas than other religions. "There is something wrong with the Orchard."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:55:53 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2015, 09:06:04 AM »

No, but people are blaming the terrorism on prior Mideast policy, which I'm just pointing out is a pretty stupid thing to say.

These people are the same savages now that they were 100 years ago. That's one of the reasons why the Mideast was carved up the way it was by the more civilized nations.

The main problem is Islam itself. It has more doctrinal impediments to modernization, peace, and civilized behavior than other religions. As Bill Maher correctly points out, Islam just seems to have a lot more bad ideas than other religions. "There is something wrong with the Orchard."
Hm...I think everything you said is wrong.  But we're at an impasse. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2015, 11:54:03 AM »

- the rape, torture, murder, enslavement and other forms of violence these groups inflict upon people is overwhelming inflicted upon other muslims

Just a side note to throw into the discussion.  In the eyes of the Jihadis (or, whatever you want to call them), those people we refer to as "muslims" they victimize are not muslims.

I have a student who grew up in mostly in Egypt and and also had some time in Turkey.  He noted that Muslims, at least where he is from, classify races by behavior, and thus anyone that believes differently from them are not Muslims.  Thus, when you here some talking head Muslims after events such as the recent attacks in Paris and Nigeria say that the perpetrators are not Muslim, they are probably honestly stating their beliefs.  The only problem is that those that are dong the raping, pillaging, and murdering don't consider those talking heads to be Muslims either.

As a side not, just to screw with your minds, according to my student, in the eyes of the people he grew up around, there are only four races in the world: Muslims, Jews, Americans, and Somalis.  Still trying to sort this one out.

Your student sounds like a pretty big idiot.  Flunk him

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:58 PM »

Ignoring cause and effect is pretty rough ridin' stupid too.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:44 PM »
Man oh man, the growing articles on the "no go" zones.

I had no idea this was a thing.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/7/french-islamist-mini-states-grow-into-problem-out-/?page=all

No go zones exist is Britain and there is a push by libs there to allow for Sharia law for Muslims and Muslim areas.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2015, 06:08:20 AM »
That was a pretty fair and balanced article