Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 163785 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #625 on: May 13, 2014, 07:12:34 AM »
Huge win for short losers with overly hairy arms.

Way to focus on what's really important.  :thumbsup:

You're probably shorter than Jake.

pfftt

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 13, 2014, 07:19:59 AM »
do catharsis and catheter share a word origin? i bet they do.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:50 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 13, 2014, 07:44:37 AM »
I refuse to change my name to #H30
#Athiest

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 13, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »
wore all black to work today
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 13, 2014, 07:57:14 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Note: I think this site is breaking down because it keeps messing up my posts.

What you're suggesting might apply if Daniel had been outworking or even matching Jake's intensity during the proverbial "8 to 5." However, Jake was not only outworking Daniel during those regular hours but also putting in tremendous effort outside of those hours. Your argument might apply to the call center you work at but a division 1 athlete needs to be striving to GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

I hate that you guys mock snyder's 16 goals.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:07:30 AM by SPEmaw »
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #631 on: May 13, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
 :cool:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2014, 08:17:41 AM »
SPEmaw! Keep 'em coming! More stuff about "8-5" and "coming early and staying late", plz. tia!  :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:35:09 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »
spoiler alert:  The 17th goal is LOVE

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »
If the coaches are only going to call 2 or 3 different plays for you, why would you stay late? You should be able to have that figured out by lunchtime.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »

Either the coaches are completely incompetent/hated #life, or Jake actually had a better grasp on the playbook. Even in the run game the playbook was pretty limited for #life. Doesn't mean that Jake was a better option or that #life was a slacker, it just means that the extra work paid off for a less talented player.

Have an A+ source that last year during fall camp Daniel had an extremely difficult time reading disguised coverages in practice. Everyone seems to be forgetting his tendency to throw interceptions.  This is something you fix by studying film and putting your nose to the grindstone.  That just didn't happen.  And for those the missed it Jake prepares for games like Peyton rough ridin' Manning.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #636 on: May 13, 2014, 08:28:56 AM »
If the coaches are only going to call 2 or 3 different plays for you, why would you stay late? You should be able to have that figured out by lunchtime.

Daniel is that you?

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 13, 2014, 08:30:23 AM »

Either the coaches are completely incompetent/hated #life, or Jake actually had a better grasp on the playbook. Even in the run game the playbook was pretty limited for #life. Doesn't mean that Jake was a better option or that #life was a slacker, it just means that the extra work paid off for a less talented player.

I don't think I have been more pissed off about a player transferring.  Why?  Because Sams had 807 yards rushing and 11 TD's last year even with the pathetic play calling we had towards the end of the year when he was in there.  Yes I think it is pathetic that we can the exact same play every time we put him in there.  I mean teams wouldn't even cover WR's when he was in because they knew he would run a QB draw.  Sam's was done an injustice by our coaching staff and their pathetic play calling.  Was his deep ball accurate?  No.  So why would you keep calling the deep ball????  He still averaged 71% completions.  Our run game will be pathetic this year.   :bang: :bang: :bang:

BURN IT DOWN!!!!!    :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 13, 2014, 08:31:16 AM »

Maybe if he stayed late he would know how to read coverages and they might trust him to pass the ball.

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 13, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
I'll take talent over work ethic or intrinsic values every damn day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 13, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »

Have an A+ source that last year during fall camp Daniel had an extremely difficult time reading disguised coverages in practice. Everyone seems to be forgetting his tendency to throw interceptions.  This is something you fix by studying film and putting your nose to the grindstone.  That just didn't happen.  And for those the missed it Jake prepares for games like Peyton rough ridin' Manning.

Has Peyton Manning ever thrown for 40% in a game?   :dunno:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 13, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »

I don't think I have been more pissed off about a player transferring.  Why?  Because Sams had 807 yards rushing and 11 TD's last year even with the pathetic play calling we had towards the end of the year when he was in there.  Yes I think it is pathetic that we can the exact same play every time we put him in there.  I mean teams wouldn't even cover WR's when he was in because they knew he would run a QB draw.  Sam's was done an injustice by our coaching staff and their pathetic play calling.  Was his deep ball accurate?  No.  So why would you keep calling the deep ball????  He still averaged 71% completions.  Our run game will be pathetic this year.   :bang: :bang: :bang:

Dalvin Warmack, tho.  :dunno:

Offline because emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:09 AM »
It's disappointing to lose Sams. I was hoping the switch to receiver would be enough for him to be satisfied here, but I think he saw that he might not crack the top 3 with just a spring and summer at the spot.

This is a hit to the depth and athleticism of this team. Also limits possible offensive packages and options should Waters get hurt. If Waters stays healthy and improves like I expect, I don't think next year will be a big problem. However, it would have been really nice to have Sams one more season at quarterback with Delton learning as a redshirt. Hopefully Etrz is good enough that this won't be a big problem.
So who is going to be our "Wildcat" QB next year?  :dunno:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 13, 2014, 08:36:36 AM »
why are people mad at jake? daniel chose to switch to WR when bill wanted him to stay at QB. if you want to direct your anger at players, direct it toward tyler, sexton, deante, judah, andre and kyle.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 13, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »

Has Peyton Manning ever thrown for 40% in a game?   :dunno:

The 2010 Pro Bowl.  :dunno:  But seriously in his first three years in the league he had a sub 50% game. He also has at least one 50% game every year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
The offense wouldn't produce the numbers that it did (with both QBs) if the play calling was truly as pathetic as some claim it was.

Also, coaches are going to run plays they think the players (individually and corporately) can run successfully the majority of the time and that produce the least amount of mistakes. It makes no sense to really believe there was any other motive to what plays were called for Sams vs what they ran for Waters. There is no conspiracy here, the only change of mistake by the staff is that they severely underestimated what offensive package that Sams was capable of running compared to Waters.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
why are people mad at jake? daniel chose to switch to WR when bill wanted him to stay at QB. if you want to direct your anger at players, direct it toward tyler, sexton, deante, judah, andre and kyle.

What a receiving core.  :love: :love: :love:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 13, 2014, 08:38:53 AM »

Be mad at LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 13, 2014, 08:40:00 AM »
The offense wouldn't produce the numbers that it did (with both QBs) if the play calling was truly as pathetic as some claim it was.

Also, coaches are going to run plays they think the players (individually and corporately) can run successfully the majority of the time and that produce the least amount of mistakes. It makes no sense to really believe there was any other motive to what plays were called for Sams vs what they ran for Waters. There is no conspiracy here, the only change of mistake by the staff is that they severely underestimated knew damn well what offensive package that Sams was capable of running compared to Waters.

fyp

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 13, 2014, 08:40:09 AM »

Dalvin Warmack, tho.  :dunno:

yeah... but on obvious running downs they will just take him out and jake will run for 1-2 yards and get lit up like a bowl in Colorado...