Author Topic: Working with women  (Read 10540 times)

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Working with women
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:22:23 AM »
Sometimes it just really sucks. They can't put their emotions aside.

I was given a project and contacted the director of the dept about getting some of her employees on my team.  She gave me two women and I was like great let's do this.  Sure enough, one of them come's up to me and was like "ummm, yeah me and her don't get along I can't do this". I was like, "how come?". Her, "well, one time she tried to organize our work area and moved everything around, including my stuff and I yelled at her and she left crying".  JFC. Took me another week for the director to get me new team members.

Like, I think men just kind of do their jobs even though they might not get along with some of their co-workers. Whatever.

Thought this deserved own thread, but could be wrong and move it to "crying at office" thread.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Working with women
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
:DNR: But my best advice is to sex them up.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:14 AM »
crying in the office thread was not about women.  it was about crying in the office. 

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:44:50 AM »
working with 1 is manageable.  2 is a pain. 3 is a damn death sentence.
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 10:46:15 AM »
I would hate to work with you losers

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
I don't mind working with women at all. It just sounds like you are letting them walk all over you simply because they are women. I would have laughed in that lady's face if she told me she wasn't going to work with the other lady.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
I don't mind working with women at all. It just sounds like you are letting them walk all over you simply because they are women. I would have laughed in that lady's face if she told me she wasn't going to work with the other lady.
I usually don't either, that's why I said 'sometimes'.  I wasn't going to have 2 women on my project bickering at eachother the whole time, so I told that one to gtfoomf and the director to get me 2 other employees. Justy sayin, this most likely wouldn't be a problem working with men.

fyi, they are old and not hot

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:17:37 AM »
My problem is my cube neighbor is always always cold, even though she does not wear enough clothing. She runs a space heater all day, mere inches away from my feet. It's 108 degrees outside.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
My problem is my cube neighbor is always always cold, even though she does not wear enough clothing. She runs a space heater all day, mere inches away from my feet. It's 108 degrees outside.

Holy crap. Do you work in my office?

And then the fuse blows and she is all like, WTF?  :bang:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 11:24:53 AM »

Holy crap. Do you work in my office?

And then the fuse blows and she is all like, WTF?  :bang:

Yes, mocat is the other goEMAW'r you realized worked in your office when you couldn't post w/in 3 seconds of your felllow IP'r having done so.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »
Be careful, mocat. The heat could attract brown recluses.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »

SD surrounded by a horde of emotionless dongs (literally) at his place of employment.   :thumbsup:  No taco parties happening there.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »
I thought that vegans were supposed to be like all skinny and have hot bods and stuff.  How come the three vegan gals in my office weigh 250+ lbs?  What do they eat if they can't get their saturated fat from 80-20 beef?  Chips?  Cheese?   :confused:  Oh yah, let's fire up a co-workers nice trailer smoker/grill and have a BBQ in the parking lot, but yet have to grill their soy/corn burgers or whatever separately, on aluminum foil, wash the tongs before contact, and put them on a separate platter.  JFC, that's why we have a microwave.   

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
I thought that vegans were supposed to be like all skinny and have hot bods and stuff.  How come the three vegan gals in my office weigh 250+ lbs?  What do they eat if they can't get their saturated fat from 80-20 beef?  Chips?  Cheese?   :confused:  Oh yah, let's fire up a co-workers nice trailer smoker/grill and have a BBQ in the parking lot, but yet have to grill their soy/corn burgers or whatever separately, on aluminum foil, wash the tongs before contact, and put them on a separate platter.  JFC, that's why we have a microwave.

Pro Tip:  They aren't actually vegans.  They eat all sorts of animal stuff at home and when they are not at work.  They just say they are vegans to distract attention from their fat and so they can make everyone change their menus for them.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »

Pro Tip:  They aren't actually vegans.  They eat all sorts of animal stuff at home and when they are not at work.  They just say they are vegans to distract attention from their fat and so they can make everyone change their menus for them.

We figured that was the case so we've tested them extensively.  They passed our "no-meat" baked beans test (since apparently ALLLLLL baked beans have some sort of meat in them), the famous "that's not meat, that's meatless sausage" claim (no homo), the tofu turkey escapade, the classic look-alike bacon bits on salad, etc.  They are pretty vegan learned, but whether or not it's because the fatness factor or the fact that they are PIAs is still yet to be determined.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
I know a girl who is catholic, a vegetarian, and eats eggs. I have never been able to make sense of that one.

Offline HeinBallz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »

We figured that was the case so we've tested them extensively.  They passed our "no-meat" baked beans test (since apparently ALLLLLL baked beans have some sort of meat in them), the famous "that's not meat, that's meatless sausage" claim (no homo), the tofu turkey escapade, the classic look-alike bacon bits on salad, etc.  They are pretty vegan learned, but whether or not it's because the fatness factor or the fact that they are PIAs is still yet to be determined.

Do they drink soda?
Good is better than Evil because it's nicer.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:40 PM »
Yup.  I can't imagine having to work with trogs like them. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
I don't have any problem working with women.  However, I have observed many women who have problems working with women.  They are mean to each other sometimes, and often in ways that seem very cruel. go cats.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »

Do they drink soda?

Diet.  Always diet. 

I'm starting to wonder if they're just "big boned".

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
I don't have any problem working with women.  However, I have observed many women who have problems working with women.  They are mean to each other sometimes, and often in ways that seem very cruel. go cats.
Agree. Some women just made their woman boss in my office cry. :runaway:

(sorry, didn't know where to post. I guess it could also go in the crying in the office thread. Mods, feel free to post this in both threads.)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
To work with women is to have crying in the office.

Sort of like the dog out of the fight but not the fight out of the dog scenario.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 03:16:25 PM »
a female co-worker of mine hates working with women. also, hates women bosses. she's great.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »
Sounds like you guys just work with whiny bitches - which happen to be women. But men can be whiny bitches too.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »
Sounds like you guys just work with whiny bitches - which happen to be women. But men can be whiny bitches too.

could be. I work with a really whiny drama queen gossip bitch who is a guy, and also there is a computer guy who works in the basement who cries in the office quite often.