Author Topic: Having trouble with your golf game?  (Read 18886 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble with your golf game?
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »
Give yourself some time to mourn and heal, but then it's time to accept this new reality and move forward.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you have a weak, neutral, or strong grip? And by that I mean the position of your left hand (assuming you're a righty) on the club. Is your palm under the club (weak), on the side (neutral) or on top (strong)?

Just my  :th_twocents:  but I have found one of the quickest ways to fix a slice without having to figure out what's goofy with your swing is to move to a stronger grip. The more on top of the club your left hand is the easier it is to roll the clubface over. Heck, you might even start to draw the ball a little bit (which is by far the sexier ball flight, not even an opinion it's just a fact Jack)

I do struggle with my grip still and know its an issue. Still struggling to be comfortable at times. That was the fun part of hitting it well for that period. I was able to adjust my grip just a tad with the driver and see the affect on the ball flight. It was still straight, but just adjusting my grip a tad made my shot go straight or just left.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2024, 04:11:16 PM »
Give yourself some time to mourn and heal, but then it's time to accept this new reality and move forward.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you have a weak, neutral, or strong grip? And by that I mean the position of your left hand (assuming you're a righty) on the club. Is your palm under the club (weak), on the side (neutral) or on top (strong)?

Just my  :th_twocents:  but I have found one of the quickest ways to fix a slice without having to figure out what's goofy with your swing is to move to a stronger grip. The more on top of the club your left hand is the easier it is to roll the clubface over. Heck, you might even start to draw the ball a little bit (which is by far the sexier ball flight, not even an opinion it's just a fact Jack)

I do struggle with my grip still and know its an issue. Still struggling to be comfortable at times. That was the fun part of hitting it well for that period. I was able to adjust my grip just a tad with the driver and see the affect on the ball flight. It was still straight, but just adjusting my grip a tad made my shot go straight or just left.

You slice bc you’re coming over the top (like almost golfers). U need to stop doing that. Pretend like you’re skipping a rock or hitting a lob in tennis. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2024, 04:12:52 PM »
Again, the horizontal tug ...

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2024, 02:28:26 PM »
Man that 3-4 weeks was a glorious time. Seems so long ago now. If anyone needs me, I'll be to the far right of every hole. I might see you if I manage to hit my second shot good enough to be near your drive.  :curse:

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2024, 04:09:49 PM »
Man that 3-4 weeks was a glorious time. Seems so long ago now. If anyone needs me, I'll be to the far right of every hole. I might see you if I manage to hit my second shot good enough to be near your drive.  :curse:
Maybe try moving the ball back a little bit in your stance, and shifting the balls of your back foot in line with the arch of your front foot?? This can help make the clubhead take more of an inside to outside path.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2024, 08:48:29 PM »
Playing at Heritage Park on Saturday and Swope Park on Sunday. Hopefully the weather cooperates  :pray:

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2024, 10:00:05 PM »
Sister gave me and the wife a club fitting for xmas as a means to getting me back on the course after hip and shoulder replacement in the last 5 years.

Hit the range after just swinging clubs in the yard. Fitting was today and went better than I expected. It was a cool process.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2024, 08:57:54 AM »
Sister gave me and the wife a club fitting for xmas as a means to getting me back on the course after hip and shoulder replacement in the last 5 years.

Hit the range after just swinging clubs in the yard. Fitting was today and went better than I expected. It was a cool process.

Tom

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Nice, that's a great gift. I would like to do it someday but need to get a functional swing down first. Most of the guys i've played with have done it and its really added distance for them.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2024, 10:38:13 AM »
if i ever get a ManCave the first order of business is getting a trackman and having my own personal virtual driving range (or hopefully by the time i can make that a reality it will be a common thing where you can just load up whatever course you want and play a round of virtual golf)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2024, 10:41:59 AM »
if i ever get a ManCave the first order of business is getting a trackman and having my own personal virtual driving range (or hopefully by the time i can make that a reality it will be a common thing where you can just load up whatever course you want and play a round of virtual golf)

yeah, I want this too. I've thought about putting a "nice" shed type thing in my back yard for this. It would be great to have for the winter for sure.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2024, 10:53:25 AM »
friend of mine put a golf simulator in the 3rd bay of his garage.  fun way to keep playing all months of the year, good excuse to get your buddies together and drink beer in the garage.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2024, 08:13:27 PM »
friend of mine put a golf simulator in the 3rd bay of his garage.  fun way to keep playing all months of the year, good excuse to get your buddies together and drink beer in the garage.

Get A.I. Jim Nantz to do the play by play holyyyyy craaaaaaappppp