Author Topic: Official NASCAR 2023 thread(people are still watching)  (Read 109887 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2014 thread
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
that video is really jacked up. 

One deadspin comment said Stewart's pit changed the back right tire after the accident.  I wonder if its true.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
Can someone who follows this give us background on Tony Stewart?  Seems I've heard he has a history of being a dick?  That video looks like he did that crap on purpose????

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2014, 10:58:22 AM »
I don't follow racecar driving but do guys usually get out of their car and walk around trying to get in front of the other racecars often? that seems like something that maybe isn't a good idea. obviously the car drivers should do everything possible not to run him over but what on earth was he thinking was going to happen?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
I don't follow racecar driving but do guys usually get out of their car and walk around trying to get in front of the other racecars often? that seems like something that maybe isn't a good idea. obviously the car drivers should do everything possible not to run him over but what on earth was he thinking was going to happen?

yeah seemed very WWFE

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2014, 11:04:42 AM »
Can someone who follows this give us background on Tony Stewart?  Seems I've heard he has a history of being a dick?  That video looks like he did that crap on purpose????

Watched the video multiple times, and after growing up around racing/dirt track racing, there is no doubt in my mind Tony did not hit him on purpose..

First, he was a cocky young kid cause he had no reason to be pissed. Tony slid him and the kid didn't check up and drove himself in the wall. Also, when he gets out (completely rough ridin' idiotic), he almost gets hit by the car in front of TS and then jumps back down after, Tony probably barely saw him (black fire suit, helmet, dark track, car in front of him, etc.). He hit the gas when he saw him to get down the track, but in a staggered car on a slick/not tacky track, he kicks the back end out instead of moving the car down, and that's what clipped him.. Sad deal

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2014, 11:08:19 AM »

Watched the video multiple times, and after growing up around racing/dirt track racing, there is no doubt in my mind Tony did not hit him on purpose..

First, he was a cocky young kid cause he had no reason to be pissed. Tony slid him and the kid didn't check up and drove himself in the wall. Also, when he gets out (completely rough ridin' idiotic), he almost gets hit by the car in front of TS and then jumps back down after, Tony probably barely saw him (black fire suit, helmet, dark track, car in front of him, etc.). He hit the gas when he saw him to get down the track, but in a staggered car on a slick/not tacky track, he kicks the back end out instead of moving the car down, and that's what clipped him.. Sad deal

Wouldn't a "pro" racer know this fact too?  I'm sure didn't mean to hit him but I'm sure there was some "i'm going to blow some dust on this young punk" type of thinking going on.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
Yes and no.. if he locks up the brakes, in a sprint car, he hits the kid without a doubt (possibly doesn't kill him, tho). Hit the gas, and he has a chance to not.

Point is, by coming down on the track, that kid put his life in the hands of TS to make a split second decision, and it didn't work out for him.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »
Yes and no.. if he locks up the brakes, in a sprint car, he hits the kid without a doubt (possibly doesn't kill him, tho). Hit the gas, and he has a chance to not.

Point is, by coming down on the track, that kid put his life in the hands of TS to make a split second decision, and it didn't work out for him.

Incredibly nascar-level thinking by that dude.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »

Wouldn't a "pro" racer know this fact too?  I'm sure didn't mean to hit him but I'm sure there was some "i'm going to blow some dust on this young punk" type of thinking going on.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »
Probably only one or two people who know what actually happens. imo, looks like an accident. But there is no way to know right now. Very bad deal.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:57 PM »
There goes the godaddy.com commercial.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »
Wasn't there chatter recently about TS racing in these events already and he was like it's no big deal, I've done it all the time. Then this happens. :(

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »
Are they really talking about a rule change? A fine? Penalty? How about don't walk out in traffic because you might die.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

The Big Train

« Reply #339 on: August 14, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
Damn, that's some pretty heavy stuff. He literally couldn't get enough time on the track and in an instant it's all gone. I know when I was done playing ball it wasn't the same but it's hard. Terrible for all parties involved.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:59 PM »
I hate to be cynical in this, but someone ought to be. This seems like a calculated act of contrition. The great man poised to announce his retirement for accidentally slaying the unknown boy, only to be persuaded back into racing by a tide of forgiveness, absolving him of all his sins. That tide is coming, have no doubt.

The Big Train

« Reply #341 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:39 PM »
I hate to be cynical in this, but someone ought to be. This seems like a calculated act of contrition. The great man poised to announce his retirement for accidentally slaying the unknown boy, only to be persuaded back into racing by a tide of forgiveness, absolving him of all his sins. That tide is coming, have no doubt.

Very well said. Pretty good chance it will happen too.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:52 AM »
Nice legitimate website there Wacky...:dubious:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 15, 2014, 08:26:07 AM »
Saw it on Fb, bro.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 15, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »
- chunkles

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2014, 09:23:48 AM »

I probably shouldn't think that, but I feel like it's a possibility.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »
Saw it on Fb, bro.

sweet jesus.
I don't follow nascar, I saw the headline and posted it, sorry I ruined your day with fake news.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:14 AM »
Saw it on Fb, bro.

sweet jesus.
I don't follow nascar, I saw the headline and posted it, sorry I ruined your day with fake news.

get a little better every day. Happy Friday!  :D
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »
Saw it on Fb, bro.

sweet jesus.

get a little better every day. Happy Friday!  :D
You too! :cheers:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »
Gordon won the pole again today. Really on a hot streak  :cool:
- chunkles