Author Topic: Official NASCAR 2023 thread(people are still watching)  (Read 109869 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: Official NASCAR 2013 thread
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »
Kenseth wins after the rain delay. Kenseth will not win The Chase.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 30, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »
Looks to be a 3 man chase now.  Hopefully Gordon can keep up :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 30, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
who wants tickets to sundays race.? pm for deets

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2014, 09:06:41 PM »
must read if you have time.

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/7/30/4567960/dick-trickle-suicide-nascar-profile

Sad ... I used to have a TShirt that said "NASCAR makes my Dick Trickle".
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
 :lol:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 17, 2014, 03:54:30 PM »
if anybody(not you dub dub) wants to do a nascar fantasy league let me know

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 18, 2014, 07:12:51 PM »
 :don'tcare:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2014, 11:41:03 AM »
if anybody(not you dub dub) wants to do a nascar fantasy league let me know

I'd consider.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 30, 2014, 11:10:49 PM »
What do we think guys?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/1/30/chase-for-the-nascar-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

I have no idea why the change was made this isn't going to bring in more fans or anything. That being said I'm okay with it I guess. I would have been more excited if they added a road course to the chase and changed the finale from Homestead to Atlanta or Martinsville.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 30, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »
What do we think guys?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/1/30/chase-for-the-nascar-sprint-cup-championship-format-changes.html

I have no idea why the change was made this isn't going to bring in more fans or anything. That being said I'm okay with it I guess. I would have been more excited if they added a road course to the chase and changed the finale from Homestead to Atlanta or Martinsville.

Agreed for the most part. The gradual elimination of drivers every few races throughout the Chase might be interesting (I emphasize "might"). That said, Homestead is no place to have the last race of the season. I could live with Martinsville, but would love Daytona--start and end the season there, with the July race retained.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2014, 01:09:36 AM »
What do we think guys?

Agreed for the most part. The gradual elimination of drivers every few races throughout the Chase might be interesting (I emphasize "might"). That said, Homestead is no place to have the last race of the season. I could live with Martinsville, but would love Daytona--start and end the season there, with the July race retained.

Daytona would be horrawful because the chasers would literally ride in the back the entire race and then move up the last lap. I hate restrictor plate racing, they have to make it better.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 31, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »
What do we think guys?

I'm pretty meh on it. I didn't care for the current chase, so i'll give this a shot. Seems like it has a better chance of keeping a Jimmie Johnson type run from happening.

At the end of the day, fans will watch because the racing is good. If they can improve the actual racing, that's all that matters.

Would like a Charlotte/Atlanta/Martinisville/Bristol finish... Homestead is bad.
- chunkles

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 31, 2014, 10:19:07 AM »
I wonder if we will see teams try to get all their members in. Like will KyleB slow down to let Denny take first on the last lap of Kansas since Kyle won at Bristol a couple weeks back?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 31, 2014, 10:44:50 AM »
I wonder if we will see teams try to get all their members in. Like will KyleB slow down to let Denny take first on the last lap of Kansas since Kyle won at Bristol a couple weeks back?

Did you miss what happened when Michael Waltrip Racing tried that at the end of last season? No one will try that again.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 31, 2014, 12:21:11 PM »
Need a new driver guys rusty was my dude since the beginning but I just can't stand brad. Help me out, ATM harvick is in the kings chair but that is obviously subject to change

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 31, 2014, 12:32:02 PM »
What do we think guys?

I get what they are trying to do and I guess its ok.  Guessing it has more to do with TV viewership than track attendance.  I'm not a big fan of the change but I wasn't a big fan when they went to the chase format either and that turned out ok.  I agree that if you are going to have a winner take all type race then it needs to be moved to a better track (Texas, Atlanta, Marti, Richmond).

I do like the new qualifying format though.

:driving:
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »
Need a new driver guys rusty was my dude since the beginning but I just can't stand brad. Help me out, ATM harvick is in the kings chair but that is obviously subject to change

there is a badass rookie class coming in this year if you wanna jump on one of those. But i'd suggest Stewart.
- chunkles

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

yes. A little more excitement.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »

I like it too, but with this format last season we would have had a chase without Earnhardt, Gordon, and Boywer; people would have freaked out.

Offline ltrain

• Combo-Fan
  • go cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »

I like it too, but with this format last season we would have had a chase without Earnhardt, Gordon, and Boywer; people would have freaked out.

I meant race qualifying format.  Agree on Chase qualifying though (assuming you were talking about Chase qualifying)
Wondering who is running this hot dog stand and seriously considering heading out for tacos.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 31, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
oh, yeah

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 31, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »

Did you miss what happened when Michael Waltrip Racing tried that at the end of last season? No one will try that again.

EMAdub? More like EMADumb!! Forgot about that.

Also this was a fun read
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2014/01/30/dale-earnhardt-jr-would-have-won-2013-nascar-sprint-cup-championship/5063901/

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »
What do we think guys?

I actually like it, but agree on the finale.

Agree w/ either of those as the last race, too. But I think Bristol would be perfect for it. Go night race, a more stadium style set up, would feel way more big time I think.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 31, 2014, 02:42:18 PM »
Bristol was better this past season but passing there has been an issue since the COT.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:43 PM »
Bristol was better this past season but passing there has been an issue since the COT.

The reconfiguration(twice!) hasn't helped.
- chunkles