Author Topic: Who wins tonight????  (Read 11171 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Who wins tonight????
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 09:29:49 AM »
I wouldn't normally say this, but I think it depends on the officials.   In favor of us, if we can get Ratliff in foul trouble early and often we have a very good chance.  I think our defense has been solid in the last 5 games and I don't see any reason for a dropoff.  We could be their OU this season.

Forget about getting calls tonight.  Just forget about it...

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 09:32:13 AM »
USF, Pitt, Uconn, Purdue...off the top of my head.  I'd have to do some more research to get a full list.  No one that watches this team can honestly sit back and say they have a realistic shot of winning more than 1 game in the tournament right?  What good wins do we have?  At home against Mizzou that totally crap it's pants that game, at Baylor where they sucked it up as well?  Other than those 2 teams that have layed over for us we haven't done crap

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:18 AM »
USF, Pitt, Uconn, Purdue...off the top of my head.  I'd have to do some more research to get a full list.  No one that watches this team can honestly sit back and say they have a realistic shot of winning more than 1 game in the tournament right?  What good wins do we have?  At home against Mizzou that totally crap it's pants that game, at Baylor where they sucked it up as well?  Other than those 2 teams that have layed over for us we haven't done crap

So we only win because other teams play bad. Got it.

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:53 AM »
goddammit stop feeding the rough ridin' troll

Offline mcmwcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • trips: "MCMW"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
and i'll take the cats tonight.  we match up well.  only way we lose is because of the refs like ku when they went there  :shakesfist:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 09:37:16 AM »
goddammit stop feeding the rough ridin' troll

He's consistent, I'll give him that.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:15 AM »
We easily depantsed them last time. We just have to do that again. NBD

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
we are going to get homered way worse than @texas and @isu

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »
we are going to get homered way worse than @texas and @isu

Yeah, the FT rate was 37% (for us) to 51% in Manhattan. I don't think it will get as ugly as @UT, but ugly nonetheless.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
USF, Pitt, Uconn, Purdue...off the top of my head.  I'd have to do some more research to get a full list.  No one that watches this team can honestly sit back and say they have a realistic shot of winning more than 1 game in the tournament right?  What good wins do we have?  At home against Mizzou that totally crap it's pants that game, at Baylor where they sucked it up as well?  Other than those 2 teams that have layed over for us we haven't done crap

I bet our defense had nothing to do with Mizzou and Baylor playing poorly offensively against us.

Pitt? GMAFB. Pitt's best win is over Georgetown at home. They got handled at home by Long Beach.

UConn's best win is Florida State at home.

USF's best win is Seton Hall, at home, by 1. :lol:

Purdue beat Temple and Northwestern! Woooo!

In other words, we have 2 wins that are vastly better than any win from the teams you mentioned. 'Grats Beems.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »
I've never been this emotionally (in oppose to logically) confident about a game. Will be EMAW'n all day.

I'm the exact opposite, not confident in this one at all.

Quote from: _Fan
Get ahold of yourself j-dub _FAN. There is nothing wrong with having a little optimism going into tonight. Nothing.

"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:13 AM »
 :peek:
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »
Like I said we may make it in but that doesn't mean we deserve to be.  The only reason we do is the bubble is so shittastic this year that even shitty teams like us can be in easily with a .500 confy record.  The sunshine pumpers that think we actually have a chance tonight are obviously trolling.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 10:30:19 AM »
Like I said we may make it in but that doesn't mean we deserve to be.  The only reason we do is the bubble is so shittastic this year that even shitty teams like us can be in easily with a .500 confy record.  The sunshine pumpers that think we actually have a chance tonight are obviously trolling.

bigwillie20:

WE WON'T MAKE IT INTO THE TOURNAMENT! IF WE DO I'LL DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!

WELL YEAH, OF COURSE WE'LL MAKE THE TOURNAMENT, BUT WE DON'T DESERVE IT!!!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:34 AM »

The bubble may be slightly weaker this year, but its about the same every year. Teams ranked around #20-40 have flaws and this year is no different.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
Like I said we may make it in but that doesn't mean we deserve to be.  The only reason we do is the bubble is so shittastic this year that even shitty teams like us can be in easily with a .500 confy record.  The sunshine pumpers that think we actually have a chance tonight are obviously trolling.

Good point. Normally, bubble teams are elite squads who would beat this K-State team by 30.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:55 AM »
Like I said we may make it in but that doesn't mean we deserve to be.  The only reason we do is the bubble is so shittastic this year that even shitty teams like us can be in easily with a .500 confy record.  The sunshine pumpers that think we actually have a chance tonight are obviously trolling.

Good point. Normally, bubble teams are elite squads who would beat this K-State team by 30.

:flush:

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »

:flush:

Yet another good point! How can we justify being in when teams like Pitt and UConn are on the outside looking in?!

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »
how many top ten wins do those other bubble teams have?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
how many top ten wins do those other bubble teams have?

We have more quality wins (Top 25 and Top 50) that pretty much any other bubble team.

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »
You missed my original point.  We have done our part and took care of most of the shitty teams in conf. while teams like Pitt and Uconn haven't.  Now match us about together in postseason at a neutral site and they would more than likely beat us.  It's not our fault we may make it in because we handled our business, just don't act like the Cats are far superior to all these other bubble teams or off the bubble teams because we happened to luck out and squeak out a 1-point win on the road against an overrated team with a clownshoe for a coach.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:16 AM »
You missed my original point.  We have done our part and took care of most of the shitty teams in conf. while teams like Pitt and Uconn haven't.

So why would Pitt and Uconn take care of us, if they couldn't even "take care of most of the shitty teams in conf."?
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
Now match us about together in postseason at a neutral site and they would more than likely beat us.

I'm pretty sure everyone else's point is that this is not true.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:30 AM »
IF JO plays D like he did Saturday, IF Martavious and Shane can play some D on the guards, IF we hit 11 of 19 from 3, IF we get Ricardo in foul trouble early and IF Jamar and Gip can be effective scoring down low, then we got this no prob.  

K-State 71
Missouri 67

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
You can't call Baylor overrated at this point in the season. 5 losses, didn't lose to any bad teams, even all the "middle of the pack" teamson the road in the Big 12. They should be better with their talent, yes. But overrated at #13 is ridiculous. You probably think Missouri is overrated too? We have a much higher upside than any bubble team based on our top 10 wins. Not sure why I'm trying to speak logically to you, it's obvious that you can't comprehend it.

Also, when we make the tourny, don't delete your account and start a new one. You're done for good.