Author Topic: Alternate TimeLine  (Read 5112 times)

Offline chunkles

• KSU CATS Videographer of the Week
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate TimeLine
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »
In my alternate chunkleverse the sky is the earth (& earth is the sky), and we are all able to float between pillowy clouds and candy corn was never invented, happiness is the only currency, which sucks because there is none,  since everyone else is dead in my chunkleverse.  :cry:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
In Chicat's alternate universe his desk is on the other side of his office.  Everything else is the same

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
In Chicat's alternate universe his desk is on the other side of his office.  Everything else is the same
No worms at your place of work?  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »
In my alternate universe, I sit down and drink beer and play video games all day and make $100,000 a year. In which I spend going to all the Cat, Royal, and Chief games.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »
That timeline would have resulted in us being irrelevant losers like BYU is now.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/1708463-155/byu-football-season-bowl-cougars-loss

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »
Desert news dot com.  Information sourced from: desert. news. dot. com.

The Big Train

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 11:56:24 PM »
several different theories exist where there is an alternate universe for every possible outcome for every situation that has ever happened.  basically googol^googol universes. im pretty glad that we dont live in the alternate universe where what you explained happened.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 07:15:07 AM »
in my alternate timeline, i get woken up by some freak in a bunny costume and then a jet engine crashes through my roof

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »
in my alternate timeline, i get woken up by some freak in a bunny costume and then a jet engine crashes through my roof

:thumbs:

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »
In my alternate universe, I sit down and drink beer and play video games all day and make $100,000 a year. In which I spend going to all the Cat, Royal, and Chief games.

you're quite the dreamer

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 11:00:27 AM »
That timeline would have resulted in us being irrelevant losers like BYU is now.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/1708463-155/byu-football-season-bowl-cougars-loss

I seriously doubt that.  BYU would most likely have stayed in the MWC if the MWC became a "Power" conference overnight with the addition of decent BigXII teams, a re-negotiated TV deal and an automatic BCS-bid.  I mean, those ideas were already in the works and picking up steam before the conference re-alignment gutted the MWC.  BYU took off after the MWC collapsed.

You are absolutely right.  I don't even know how I came across the article.  It's an opinion piece from some no-name out in the middle of nowhere.  BUT, it made me wonder....

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »
:lol:

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 12:59:34 PM »
I want whatever Tobias is on  :lol:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »
In my alternate timeline I have all the cool stuff from your timelines like Edward Norton's character in The Italian Job.

Offline kcnut

• The CEO of the Brad Essex Report and cont. writer for red state I also hate oklahoma so very much.
  • Combo-Fan
  • hail to the king.
    • View Profile
    • The Brad Essex Report
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2014, 04:55:37 AM »
In my timeline ksu got a national championship. Nubbs got the death penalty. Also my friend andrew brietbart would still be alive.
LHC Bill Snyder is as american as you can get.

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2014, 06:20:12 AM »
When people run in circles its a very, very mad world

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2014, 08:01:17 AM »
I seriously doubt that.  BYU would most likely have stayed in the MWC if the MWC became a "Power" conference overnight with the addition of decent BigXII teams, a re-negotiated TV deal and an automatic BCS-bid.  I mean, those ideas were already in the works and picking up steam before the conference re-alignment gutted the MWC.  BYU took off after the MWC collapsed.
:lol:  KSU, KU, ISU, & Baylor would not make that a power conference.  Even if given that designation it wouldn't matter because the BCS was still going to die in favor of a playoff within a couple years.  That MWC is a second tier conference needing an undefeated season to get in the playoff ahead of a multiple loss power conf champ.  Independent or not... that's irrelevant.

You are absolutely right.  I don't even know how I came across the article.  It's an opinion piece from some no-name out in the middle of nowhere.  BUT, it made me wonder....
Deseret News is a Mormon newspaper, so it was probably written by a BYU fan desperate for relevance.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2014, 08:33:06 AM »
In my timeline ksu got a national championship. Nubbs got the death penalty. Also my friend andrew brietbart would still be alive.

:frown:

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »
:lol:  KSU, KU, ISU, & Baylor would not make that a power conference.  Even if given that designation it wouldn't matter because the BCS was still going to die in favor of a playoff within a couple years.  That MWC is a second tier conference needing an undefeated season to get in the playoff ahead of a multiple loss power conf champ.  Independent or not... that's irrelevant.

I disagree.  Assuming Baylor, TCU and Kansas State would have continued their success on the football field AND assuming ISU, KSU, KU had continued their success on the basketball court, I have no doubt that the MWC would've been labeled a "Power" conference, especially with the dissolution of the BigXII.

Also, even after the dissolution of the BCS, I think that the alternate-timeline MWC would seed a team at the "Final Four," especially if the MWC had a conference championship.  Just look at TCU, a former MWC team, now sitting atop the playoff rankings and Baylor who beat that same TCU team. 

Now just talking about football:  The only thing that would shoot a hole through my hypothetical scenario, is if the recruiting at Baylor and KSU would have suffered and resulted in crappy teams being fielded (I don't mention TCU because they were formerly in the MWC, recruited well and had great post-season wins).  IMO, I don't think that recruiting at Baylor and KSU would suffer because Baylor has an open door to Texas recruits and KSU seems to only recruit 5-heart transfers/JUCO's and walk-ons.  I don't think ISU or KU would suffer because... its ISU and KU, they're already suffering.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
In my alternate universe wrestling is real, and the NWO comes to power over the earth and Hulk Hogan is now our overlord.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2014, 04:22:25 PM »

Now just talking about football:  The only thing that would shoot a hole through my hypothetical scenario, is if the recruiting at Baylor and KSU would have suffered and resulted in crappy teams being fielded (I don't mention TCU because they were formerly in the MWC, recruited well and had great post-season wins).  IMO, I don't think that recruiting at Baylor and KSU would suffer because Baylor has an open door to Texas recruits and KSU seems to only recruit 5-heart transfers/JUCO's and walk-ons.  I don't think ISU or KU would suffer because... its ISU and KU, they're already suffering.
Of course the recruiting will suffer when you replace games in Norman and Austin with Ft. Collins and Albuquerque.  The only possible recruiting positive about ending up in the MWC is we could become a partial qualifier mecca and really live up to the glorified JC rep teams that repeatedly lose to the cats bitch about.

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »
Tell you what, I'll run the scenario in the latest copy of NCAA 14 and simulate it out 20 years...  :ROFL: