« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 07:12:46 AM »
I think jimmer is pretty good fellas

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmer
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:37 AM »
Tired of  :ohno: over frank so my question is this, is Jimmer the worst NPOY ever?

Not even close

J.J Reddick immediately comes to mind.  If you want to bring what happened after they won into the conversation then T.J Ford and Jason Williams jump into the conversation.  Hell you can make a case that every Duke player that has won the Naismith with the exception of Laettner won it based on the best player on the best team principal: Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Williams, & Reddick.

JJ Reddick had a really good year.

He had a great year, but the only reason he beat Adam Morrison and Randy Foye is because he played for Duke

Nope, it was because Morrison had a hideous mustache.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 12:00:31 PM »
Tired of  :ohno: over frank so my question is this, is Jimmer the worst NPOY ever?

Not even close

J.J Reddick immediately comes to mind.  If you want to bring what happened after they won into the conversation then T.J Ford and Jason Williams jump into the conversation.  Hell you can make a case that every Duke player that has won the Naismith with the exception of Laettner won it based on the best player on the best team principal: Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Williams, & Reddick.

JJ Reddick had a really good year.

He had a great year, but the only reason he beat Adam Morrison and Randy Foye is because he played for Duke

Nope, it was because Morrison had a hideous mustache.

Foye was amazing that year. 

Online Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »
Hansbrough in 2008 really bugs me.  He didn't have the best stat line, unlike mid-major winners.  (You can defend Adam Morrison, Lionel Simmons or Jimmer with their ppg.)  Everyone acknowledged in advance that Hansbrough wouldn't do well in the NBA, unlike some of the major college winners with lesser stats but obvious talent.  (Antawn Jamison.)  His team made it to the Final Four that year, but he wasn't even the best among the regional MOPs that year: Derrick Rose, Kevin Love, Stephen Curry & Hansbrough -- so not even "the best player on the best team" (or one of the best teams).

Maybe I'm just being a Beasley homer, but Hansbrough was a REAL reach.
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."