Author Topic: Joint Checking Accounts  (Read 48753 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Joint Checking Accounts
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
So simple-minded abstraction.
Ok man. I would bet you have a problem with your wife/girlfriend judging from your responses.

Yes, you've got this marriage thing all sorted.  Women are basically parrots.  Put a sheet on their cage and they think it's nighttime.
Never said I had anything sorted out, but I would like to think that a guy doesn't marry someone that is a controlling bitch from the get-go. If I can assume that's true, you'd like to think that she'd be open to budgeting the money fairly. Now if you, or anyone else, marries someone that isn't reasonable, then yea you've got a problem that separate accounts won't fix. I will not marry someone like that.

Just don't give her too much power or you'll spoil her.  Once they get a taste, then plop go your nuts in the handbag.
You know that's not what I said. You're taking this awfully personal, Bread. Problems at home, buddy?

Yep, bread's balls are clearly stored in BIG HANDBAG

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
The best part is how everyone prize fighting in this thread seems to be taking everything very personally. :eek: WILL continue watching even though the original question was settled ages ago. :popcorn:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2014, 04:15:49 PM »
So simple-minded abstraction.
Ok man. I would bet you have a problem with your wife/girlfriend judging from your responses.

Yes, you've got this marriage thing all sorted.  Women are basically parrots.  Put a sheet on their cage and they think it's nighttime.
Never said I had anything sorted out, but I would like to think that a guy doesn't marry someone that is a controlling bitch from the get-go. If I can assume that's true, you'd like to think that she'd be open to budgeting the money fairly. Now if you, or anyone else, marries someone that isn't reasonable, then yea you've got a problem that separate accounts won't fix. I will not marry someone like that.

Just don't give her too much power or you'll spoil her.  Once they get a taste, then plop go your nuts in the handbag.
You know that's not what I said. You're taking this awfully personal, Bread. Problems at home, buddy?

Yep, bread's balls are clearly stored in BIG HANDBAG

FALSE.  He stores them in a basket.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
The best part is how everyone prize fighting in this thread seems to be taking everything very personally. :eek: WILL continue watching even though the original question was settled ages ago. :popcorn:

The only one taking anything personally is KITN...people are just picking on him because he's a shitbrain.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2014, 04:26:28 PM »

Did you find a good credit union or go with one of the big banks?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Joint Checking Accounts
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
Five different coffee cans.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2014, 04:40:04 PM »

The only one taking anything personally is KITN...people are just picking on him because he's a shitbrain.
Haha, I said I didn't exactly use good tact originally MC.

It's cool if you think joint accounts are best. I disagree though. Bread is undoubtedly butthurt though. Not sure why
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »

Attacking shitbrains is a bedrock principle of gE.com as I understood it.  Very impersonal.  Also SB thinking whether or not his question was answered matters to the survival of this thread.  :confused:  It's like he had a stroke.  :frown:
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2014, 04:42:23 PM »
no one cares about joint accounts at all. the issue is your assertation that spending money she can't see will avoid arguments over spending she doesnt want you to spend.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2014, 05:12:05 PM »

It's cool if you think joint accounts are best. I disagree though. Bread is undoubtedly butthurt though. Not sure why

I rough ridin' said joint works best for some,   separate works best for others in a direct reply to you, no less. Good grief you're a dense one.

A lot of people in here that are insecure about their marriages and can’t handle people that do things differently.

I think you're the most intolerant in this thread.

Everyone's situation is different. Single joint accounts work for some while separate accounts work better for others.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »
no one cares about joint accounts at all. the issue is your assertation that spending money she can't see will avoid arguments over spending she doesnt want you to spend.
It's simple budgeting. I think everyone should do that as a couple. It's just easier to avoid any conflicts of spending since it's equal for both.

I've already conceded that if a guy is married to a bitch or a woman to some dickface, then yeah, it won't work anyway because they made a bad choice in a spouse.

I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »

I rough ridin' said joint works best for some,   separate works best for others in a direct reply to you, no less. Good grief you're a dense one.

A lot of people in here that are insecure about their marriages and can’t handle people that do things differently.

I think you're the most intolerant in this thread.

Everyone's situation is different. Single joint accounts work for some while separate accounts work better for others.
"You" was used generically in reference to anyone that that thinks joint is best. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »
As long as you keep her in the kitchen and barefoot from the very beginning she won't ever want to leave.
Their is always an outlier. You need to stay the F out of the kitchen.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 06, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »
Lol that marriage is equal.
-said 234,637 comedians.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 06, 2014, 07:43:25 PM »
Hey let's all just combine our checking accounts

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 06, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »
I would totes marry kim carnes

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Bloodfart

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I don't run out of gas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Don't go chasing waterfalls slobber.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 06, 2014, 08:22:33 PM »
Hey let's all just combine our checking accounts

Thanks a lot, Obama  :Ugh:

Offline WonderMeal

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »
I have never had a problem with KITNfury and don't really disagree with his stance on joint accounts. But from his quotes in this thread, it's pretty clear that he belongs on The Other Board, given his absolutely atrocious views on women and language he uses when discussing them. Hopefully TownieCat and his crew can teach him how to respect women, good grief.

=Mods?=, please change KITNfury to "MisogynistCat" or something similar. I'll fax in the forms.

Quote from: KITNfury, all day, ITT

I've already conceded that if a guy is married to a bitch

Never said I had anything sorted out, but I would like to think that a guy doesn't marry someone that is a controlling bitch from the get-go. If I can assume that's true, you'd like to think that she'd be open to budgeting the money fairly.

I guess I find I've found that women are good with consistency. IME, it does go bad if you try to take back what you've given them, in this case the "power" to decide how you might spend your money.

She buys some expensive handbag? If it’s out of her account, who cares. You buy a wave runner without running it by her? Well, you used “your” money so she can’t say anything.

I feel bad for guys that have to check with their wives before they buy what they want, which is apparently several of you here. Have separate money so you can take your balls out of her expensive handbag she bought without asking

And my personal favorite, regarding the "balls out of her expensive handbag" statement:

Quote from: Misogynist Cat

...I stand by that quote.

Oh yeah, this on in another thread today, too:

Quote from: Misogynist Cat, in another thread

I'm guessing Rowdy figured he get out of jail and just start slayin' some hoes. He either A) did indeed slay a bunch of hoes, got satisfied and got back with Tami or B) found out that hookin' up wasn't as easy as he thought and decided to get back with Tami.

@Rick RowdyBoyy Daris--do not let Misogynist Cat date your sister under any circumstances.

Quote from: Misogynist Cat, today at 9:24am

I'm not married but I plan never have to worry about hearing about it for buying what I want with my money.

You don't say? I'm shocked. Shocked.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »
Holy crap wonder meal, :lol:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »
RowdyyBoyyy/Tami speculation is out of context here and not fair, but otherwise good research says this peer reviewer.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »
wondermeal consistently does good work on this blog in a pleasant fashion :thumbs:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:18 PM »
wondermeal consistently does good work on this blog in a pleasant fashion :thumbs:

Is he the one that tries to do his own poster awards?  If so, he's not good at that. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2014, 09:33:50 PM »
Women of leisure don't have their own account.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2014, 09:37:17 PM »

Is he the one that tries to do his own poster awards?  If so, he's not good at that.

:surprised: