Author Topic: Ask Steve Dave Farm And Cow And Ranch And Tractor And Truck Related Questions  (Read 377159 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Bob Barker is turning over in his grave

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lil lil is smiling from heaven
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
I helped my gf once take care of a few orphaned kittens ("fostering") and every part of it was disgusting (this was done in an apartment). But the part that haunts me is I had to grab them by the skin of the back of their necks and inject them with some sort of antiviral drug (ringworm?). They screamed bloody murder every time. You also have to make cat food slurry and inject it into their throats while they fight you and most of it gets on their coats. It was a miserable experience.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I helped my gf once take care of a few orphaned kittens ("fostering") and every part of it was disgusting (this was done in an apartment). But the part that haunts me is I had to grab them by the skin of the back of their necks and inject them with some sort of antiviral drug (ringworm?). They screamed bloody murder every time. You also have to make cat food slurry and inject it into their throats while they fight you and most of it gets on their coats. It was a miserable experience.

kids recently tried to convince me to "take in" a robin that had fallen from nest but couldn't fly.  I knew the total grossness and also hopelessness of it all so I told them the story that mom and dad robin were still around and if we touched it they would reject then we all went to duck donuts and came back later.  voila the baby robin was gone - mom and dad have swooped down and save it and definitely not a cat/fox casualty

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

kids recently tried to convince me to "take in" a robin that had fallen from nest but couldn't fly.  I knew the total grossness and also hopelessness of it all so I told them the story that mom and dad robin were still around and if we touched it they would reject then we all went to duck donuts and came back later.  voila the baby robin was gone - mom and dad have swooped down and save it and definitely not a cat/fox casualty

Superb dad-lying.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Superb dad-lying.

Remember spracs, it's not a lie if you once believed it when you were a dumb kid.