Author Topic: Fire Chris Klieman  (Read 111147 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Chris Klieman
« Reply #700 on: October 18, 2021, 05:31:34 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: October 18, 2021, 05:33:24 PM »
How many players from the 2019 class still here?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 18, 2021, 05:47:01 PM »
finally, Aiden Mills appears to still be at KSU but not playing football

lol what a baller.

it's a little comforting to know that one reason we may be terrible is that a good portion of what should be our RS Senior class was chalk full of guys who never played a down for k-state, let alone became significant contributors.  When you look back at the '20 class (Klieman's first full one), there's at least 7 high school guys who have played quite a few meaningful snaps so far for k-state (matlack, deuce, howard, Felix, TJ, Panser, Tee), and at least two who legit could make second team all-conference players as early as this year (deuce, felix). 

Here's something else, Skylar Thompson is the last QB Snyder recruited that took snaps for K-State.  Everyone else he recruited either transferred or switched positions (or was never really a QB to begin with).

2016: Thompson;
2017: Sammy Wheeler;
2018: Levi Archer, Holcombe;
2019: Chris Herron.

Crazy.  Anyway, between Snyder's twilight recruiting and the '19 class falling apart (which i don't really blame Klieman much for), it's not really any wonder why our team looks outclassed against squads like OSU/OU/ISU.  I know MIR made this point last night, but looking at the 2017-2019 classes gave me a weird sense of comfort.  If CK continues to recruit at the level he did in '20, it stands to reason that our roster will get progressively (on the whole) over the next few years.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 18, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »

lol what a baller.

it's a little comforting to know that one reason we may be terrible is that a good portion of what should be our RS Senior class was chalk full of guys who never played a down for k-state, let alone became significant contributors.  When you look back at the '20 class (Klieman's first full one), there's at least 7 high school guys who have played quite a few meaningful snaps so far for k-state (matlack, deuce, howard, Felix, TJ, Panser, Tee), and at least two who legit could make second team all-conference players as early as this year (deuce, felix). 

Here's something else, Skylar Thompson is the last QB Snyder recruited that took snaps for K-State.  Everyone else he recruited either transferred or switched positions (or was never really a QB to begin with).

Crazy.  Anyway, between Snyder's twilight recruiting and the '19 class falling apart (which i don't really blame Klieman much for), it's not really any wonder why our team looks outclassed against squads like OSU/OU/ISU.  I know MIR made this point last night, but looking at the 2017-2019 classes gave me a weird sense of comfort.  If CK continues to recruit at the level he did in '20, it stands to reason that our roster will get progressively (on the whole) over the next few years.

How many LB’s we got from the 2020 class still? DT’s?

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: October 18, 2021, 06:15:22 PM »

lol what a baller.

I put those same pieces together Saturday during the game as well. Even posted about it on the BotC game thread hitting on the same points. We are suffering from COVID from both the injury/barely able to field a team issues last year as well as even while we have multiple super-seniors they aren’t of a quality that really makes a difference that we ‘get’ them for another year. On top of that, our best recruit in years didn’t play a down last year in HS so we’re suffering coming and going.

Teams like Kentucky, Iowa State and others are having a banner year riding the fruits of a relatively untouched 2020 year along with decent to good SSrs.  Many of those teams are likely to have a steep drop back down to their median next year however.   Conversely, I’m quietly optimistic about next year for us.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2021, 06:17:43 PM »
Pastore looks like a 35 year old 7th grade social studies teacher. I'm rooting for him.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 18, 2021, 06:34:49 PM »
Pastore looks like a 35 year old 7th grade social studies teacher. I'm rooting for him.

Those in the know say he is easily the best lineman we have recruited in the Klieman era.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 18, 2021, 07:13:34 PM »
I don't know how you scheme your way out of that LB room. (Or any other room with an injury or two)

Exactly. We have a talent problem, I don't see a scheme problem and I don't know if any of us are qualified to do so. They say these young guys in the program has what it takes, we'll see.

One criticism of the staff I have in general, and I blame the head coach for this, is that we commit far too many mistakes given the thin margins we have. That 12 men on the field call after we made a 3rd down stop then gave up the 3rd down conversion after the penalty, that eventually led to a score, is emblematic of the bullshit that happens with this program that needs to stop.

This, this has really been the killer in the 3 losses. All 3 games just had maddening turnovers, untimely/dumb penalties, while on the opposite side OSU, OU, and ISU basically played as clean of a game as you can, we really have done a lot of dig ourselves in holes we can't get out of. All 3 games had moments that if we just played cleanly/better we'd either win or make it way, way more interesting.

Yep. Snyder 2.0 understood this, special teams (still pretty good aside from some missed FGs this year), and the need to run the QB. If you aren’t going to get the horses, this crap is mega important.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline muqluk

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 18, 2021, 07:27:21 PM »
I don't know how you scheme your way out of that LB room. (Or any other room with an injury or two)

Exactly. We have a talent problem, I don't see a scheme problem and I don't know if any of us are qualified to do so. They say these young guys in the program has what it takes, we'll see.

One criticism of the staff I have in general, and I blame the head coach for this, is that we commit far too many mistakes given the thin margins we have. That 12 men on the field call after we made a 3rd down stop then gave up the 3rd down conversion after the penalty, that eventually led to a score, is emblematic of the bullshit that happens with this program that needs to stop.

This, this has really been the killer in the 3 losses. All 3 games just had maddening turnovers, untimely/dumb penalties, while on the opposite side OSU, OU, and ISU basically played as clean of a game as you can, we really have done a lot of dig ourselves in holes we can't get out of. All 3 games had moments that if we just played cleanly/better we'd either win or make it way, way more interesting.

Yep. Snyder 2.0 understood this, special teams (still pretty good aside from some missed FGs this year), and the need to run the QB. If you aren’t going to get the horses, this crap is mega important.

Saying OSU, OU and ISU played cleanly is certainly an interesting take

Edit:  quoted the wrong post but I’m too lazy to edit more than this

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 19, 2021, 09:12:55 AM »

another dlew post in the "i needed this" column

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »
I think just about any coach at a non-blue blood needs probably 5 seasons to build and develop their roster/program these days, as long as they're not a complete crap show in all aspects.

Klieman ain't going anywhere, but having an 8th year QB in your 3rd season, I think we need to see some positives to end the year or jimmies will be rustled.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2021, 10:02:42 AM »
CK will absolutely get 5 years and probably 6. 

QB-hope rubely pans out
LB-WTF but way more about the last staff
WR-Garber and RJ???
TE-Complete Shlt show 

They've done a decent job in other places. Felix and Duke showed to be game wreckers, sucks to lose Boom and Duke, most teams would struggle losing their best DL.
RB-Great
OL-Seems to be pretty darn good.
DB's-Not getting any help by not getting any pressure, but I feel like they are mostly in the right places.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2021, 10:15:24 AM »
CK will absolutely get 5 years and probably 6. 

QB-hope rubely pans out
LB-WTF but way more about the last staff
WR-Garber and RJ???
TE-Complete Shlt show 

They've done a decent job in other places. Felix and Duke showed to be game wreckers, sucks to lose Boom and Duke, most teams would struggle losing their best DL.
RB-Great
OL-Seems to be pretty darn good.
DB's-Not getting any help by not getting any pressure, but I feel like they are mostly in the right places.
WRs I think are going to get figured out. As far as underclassmen go, Garber, Garcia, Travis have all been spoken pretty highly of.  Garber has gotten quite a bit of PT this season.  Decent chance of landing Reuben.  Not a horrible underclassmen core.

DT and LB are the biggest roster concerns moving forward, imo. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2021, 12:23:58 PM »
Can't blame Gene for anything he said.  He said what he's supposed to say.  Nothing else he can say.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 19, 2021, 12:33:52 PM »
Can't blame Gene for anything he said.  He said what he's supposed to say.  Nothing else he can say.

I especially liked that he said "bitch"

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 19, 2021, 12:51:08 PM »
Actually he said bitching.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 19, 2021, 01:14:56 PM »

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 19, 2021, 01:20:15 PM »
Also, who's been negative?

Fitz must be talking shlt

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »
also gives some credence to the old "If we as fans are overlooking the game..."

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 19, 2021, 01:21:30 PM »
gonna need to check the tape of this interaction

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 19, 2021, 01:35:40 PM »
that's not good

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 19, 2021, 01:37:03 PM »
lol @ the KSO meltdown (haven't watched the clip yet because on a call)

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 19, 2021, 01:41:24 PM »
oh no

https://twitter.com/KellisRobinett/status/1450519895846838277?s=20
Just watched it, awkward at the press conference but he was talking about out how 18 to 22 year olds read the headlines.  It’s a nothing burger, but obviously it’s a no no for Alabama or Texas coaches.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF