Author Topic: Attention Fellow Conservatives  (Read 36461 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Fellow Conservatives
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2014, 05:57:46 PM »
A group calling themselves Traditional Republican For Common Sense  came out in support of Orman.  Common Sense??????? What a sack of horseshit!!  An independent Senator has to align with a party to get on committees to protect KS interests.  I do not think the Republican Leadership will welcome him. So its kiss old Harry Reid's butt, and vote with the bastard that is gumming up the works.
Why wouldn't they welcome him?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2014, 06:36:53 PM »
In fairness, I suppose he might caucus with Republicans, but have doubts after reading an article that was in the net version of the New York Times.  The article stated Orman would caucus with the majority and that is predicted to be Democrats.  Also the article suggested that Orman as a former democrat would lean to this side.  We should find out from him his intentions as who he will caucus with.  I plan to vote for Pat.  I have known him for years, and he can get a lot done if the Reid mob will let opposing views to be voted on.  I am afraid of what we might really be getting with Orman.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2014, 06:50:37 PM »
In fairness, I suppose he might caucus with Republicans, but have doubts after reading an article that was in the net version of the New York Times.  The article stated Orman would caucus with the majority and that is predicted to be Democrats.  Also the article suggested that Orman as a former democrat would lean to this side.  We should find out from him his intentions as who he will caucus with.  I plan to vote for Pat.  I have known him for years, and he can get a lot done if the Reid mob will let opposing views to be voted on.  I am afraid of what we might really be getting with Orman.

Most of the forecasts I have seen project the republicans taking the Senate. If the democrats manage to hold it, wouldn't it be a lot easier for Kansas to get some pork if we have somebody caucusing with them?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2014, 07:17:31 PM »
Article I read on Orman said that he was a Con for 15yrs before becoming a dem for 8 yrs and then went independent for a while.  Said he made the switch from red to blue because of the extreme swing right. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2014, 07:23:57 PM »
I am really trying to come up with a good reason somebody should not be allowed to remove himself from the ballot at any point. I can't think of one. I remember about a decade ago when Missouri had a dead man on one of their ballots.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
Rage you made a good point about caucasing.  I have to admit Orman has tapped into everyone's frustration with DC and the desire to throw all of the bums out, but I would like to think Pat is not one of them.  I hope the Republicans win the majority.  If so, it seems a Senator with seniority that can serve as a ranking committee and subcommittee member could best vote as the majority of Kansans wish and protect things like Ft. Riley and McConnel AFB.  If Orman aligns with Democrats I would think he would have to vote with the party leadership; if not he would be cornered off into meaningless hole somewhere.  I just want to know his position on this important point.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 07, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »
Rage you made a good point about caucasing.  I have to admit Orman has tapped into everyone's frustration with DC and the desire to throw all of the bums out, but I would like to think Pat is not one of them.  I hope the Republicans win the majority.  If so, it seems a Senator with seniority that can serve as a ranking committee and subcommittee member could best vote as the majority of Kansans wish and protect things like Ft. Riley and McConnel AFB.  If Orman aligns with Democrats I would think he would have to vote with the party leadership; if not he would be cornered off into meaningless hole somewhere.  I just want to know his position on this important point.

Pat really upset me when he voted against NBAF. I like him more than Milton Wolf and voted for him in the primary.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
I am really trying to come up with a good reason somebody should not be allowed to remove himself from the ballot at any point. I can't think of one. I remember about a decade ago when Missouri had a dead man on one of their ballots.

It would allow the party to choose who they want in the general election after the primary. The winner could be replaced by any other person the party committee wants to run in the general election, making the primary moot.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

It would allow the party to choose who they want in the general election after the primary. The winner could be replaced by any other person the party committee wants to run in the general election, making the primary moot.

There isn't anything wrong with that.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »
there shouldn't be primaries or parties to begin with, but i guess that's a different thread
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
Who would be the Senator if Taylor were to win? Somebody the Democratic Party chooses, I presume. Would it not be a lot better if the voters actually knew who they were voting for?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2014, 11:11:50 AM »

Pat really upset me when he voted against NBAF. I like him more than Milton Wolf and voted for him in the primary.

This, He voted against something in which the University built a hall for in his name.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »
I don't think the libtards understand that allowing this idiot to do this, or worse yet, set binding supreme court precedent allowing this, would allow the Republicans to run an OK Cat in the Dem primaries and then have him withdraw leaving a single pub on the ballot in perpetuity.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2014, 08:13:36 PM »
I don't think the libtards understand that allowing this idiot to do this, or worse yet, set binding supreme court precedent allowing this, would allow the Republicans to run an OK Cat in the Dem primaries and then have him withdraw leaving a single pub on the ballot in perpetuity.

No problem there. You would just see the political parties crumble, which would be great.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:51 PM »

No problem there. You would just see the political parties crumble, which would be great.

Political parties wrote this statute to protect political parties. Two political parties is better than 1.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2014, 08:59:06 PM »

Yeah, the depths of neocon depravity are sometimes shocking to good, decent folk

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »
Brownback and Roberts need to take their advertisement gurus out behind the shed and kick their butts.  I want to see them win, but if they keep running bland TV ads they may lose.  People don't take time to understand issues, and are swayed by catchy soundbites.  The car going backward and the creepy music ads for Davis are more effective than the sunny day Sam commercials.  Is Roberts airing any ads?  Tell your conservative friends to vote and spread the word about our boys.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2014, 08:29:58 AM »
Why do you want to see those losers win? They are a black eye for the state
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »
Brownback and Roberts need to take their advertisement gurus out behind the shed and kick their butts.  I want to see them win, but if they keep running bland TV ads they may lose.  People don't take time to understand issues, and are swayed by catchy soundbites.  The car going backward and the creepy music ads for Davis are more effective than the sunny day Sam commercials.  Is Roberts airing any ads?  Tell your conservative friends to vote and spread the word about our boys.

I think Brownback's ads really are pretty good as far as political ads go. Roberts isn't running any ads, but the ads he ran during his primary campaign made him look like a piece of crap, so I don't know if that's a bad thing.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2014, 09:09:38 AM »
Why do you want to see those losers win? They are a black eye for the state

I'm not a huge fan of Brownback or Roberts. Brownback tends to get needlessly bogged down in controversies over social issues, and Roberts is too old and "establishment" and has no real connection with Kansas anymore. But while I think they're both generally lousy candidates, I support them both because I'm pragmatic.

Roberts could very well be the difference in whether Republicans retake the Senate, something that desperately needs to happen if we're to have any hope of reforming and/or repealing the damage done by Obama and his Dems. Orman is a Democrat at heart, and there is no doubt he will caucaus with the Dems if control is at stake. He supports, among other things, expnasion of Medicaid in KS, which will be disastrous for our budget when the feds stop paying for it in a few years (that's not a guess - that's the express plan).

Brownback has taken significant strides towards reducing Kansas tax burden and making the state (such that it is) more attractive to business. Paul Davis is a liberal running as a moderate - his only hope for victory is to fool enough "moderate republicans" (mainly in JoCo) to vote for him. He selected Jill Docking - a rabid leftist - as his running mate in order to capitalize on the old Docking political connections and money. He also supports Obamacare's expansion of Medicaid. His tax policy remains shrouded in mystery - he criticizes the state's budget shortfalls while never committing to repeal Brownback's tax cuts - but there can be little doubt that with liberal Davis in the governor's office, taxes will head the other way. Meaningful spending cuts will also be a dead issue.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 09:13:59 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
Wait, so Roberts isn't even trying anymore?  Huh. weird.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2014, 09:20:53 AM »
Davis's ad is weird and generally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 12, 2014, 05:36:43 PM »
I love how anyone even an inch to the left is a "rabid leftist". Ksuw is such a rough ridin' moron  :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 12, 2014, 09:02:02 PM »
I love how anyone even an inch to the left is a "rabid leftist". Ksuw is such a rough ridin' moron  :lol:

Says the guy measuring an inch to the left.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 12, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »
No semi successful Democrat in Kansas is a rabid leftist. You have to go to michigancatville to find them

Rabid rightests? We have lots of those