Author Topic: Sam Brownback  (Read 78950 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Sam Brownback
« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:49 PM »
He's probably crying right now because one of his legislators ratted him out for crying during their private meeting.

i'm sure one of his staffers is harassing the reporter about it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »
So Brownback has given his fellow pubtards until Monday to pass a massive tax increase or, doggonit golly shucks, he'll have no choice but to cut $400mil in spending. HOLD THE LINE!!! :Woot:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2015, 09:52:28 PM »
Might as well ride this grand experiment into the apocalyptic wasteland I have been preparing for my whole life

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
So Brownback has given his fellow pubtards until Monday to pass a massive tax increase or, doggonit golly shucks, he'll have no choice but to cut $400mil in spending. HOLD THE LINE!!! :Woot:

:D

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2015, 10:30:42 PM »

TOPEKA, Kan. (WIBW/AP) -- Gov. Sam Brownback says he would consider cutting $394 million from funding for state universities if the Legislature does not pass tax increases to balance the state's budget by Monday.

Brownback said Thursday during a meeting of Republican legislators that vetoing universities' funding is one of his options.

"The governor's announcement this afternoon of a possible veto of all public higher education funding puts the state of Kansas in an unprecedented situation," stated Andy Tompkins, President and CEO of the Kansas Board of Regents.

"To completely defund higher education will have a devastating and long-lasting effect on students, families, businesses, and the entire economy of the State of Kansas," he added.

The Legislature has passed a $15.4 billion budget that requires about $400 million in tax increases to balance.

Budget Director Shawn Sullivan said the governor also could veto the budget and call a special legislative session or enact an across-the-board cut to all state agencies.

If Brownback opted to veto universities' funding, they'd lose money for operating expenses. Sullivan said they still could continue to pay staff from tuition funds, but not for long.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »
I guess one way to attract factories is to have plenty of uneducated people to staff them with
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
:woot:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
Are we going to have to consolidate school districts with skwak U :runaway:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2015, 11:02:09 PM »
I guess one way to attract factories is to have plenty of uneducated people to staff them with
less education and more guns!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »
One Kansas Bullet Farmer arms 128 people

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2015, 11:10:38 PM »
One Kansas Bullet Farmer arms 128 people
And you!

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 11, 2015, 11:56:46 PM »

Yes, where will factories ever get their workers if we cut $400 million from higher ed? :runaway: Those schools might even have to dig a bit deeper into their endowments! :bawl:

But I agree, I'd much prefer to squeeze at least $200mil out of K-12.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2015, 12:04:12 AM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2015, 12:05:39 AM »
Might as well ride this grand experiment into the apocalyptic wasteland I have been preparing for my whole life

Seriously? Are you a prepper? I'd like to learn more about this if you haven't already started a thread.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2015, 07:01:24 AM »
the entire nation already makes fun of the new KS. our college grads being complete dumbfucks is probably already assumed at this point. may as well make it reality.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2015, 07:10:50 AM »
the entire nation already makes fun of the new KS. our college grads being complete dumbfucks is probably already assumed at this point. may as well make it reality.

If you're really concerned about that, maybe we should focus on just raising admission standards.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2015, 07:14:53 AM »
Three days to go.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2015, 07:16:39 AM »
I'm not sure this is a very good strategy, lib.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2015, 07:29:45 AM »

Seriously? Are you a prepper? I'd like to learn more about this if you haven't already started a thread.
#prephackers. My preps are 99% mental, which is fine because true preparation comes from within.

I would appreciate a heads up on the grid going down though so I have time to weld spikes onto the hellantra.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2015, 08:18:56 AM »
Per the newspaper, the budget impasse is nearly over.

It is, of course, damning to poors and all about the rich:
he House plan includes the governor’s proposal to eliminate income taxes for 380,000 low-income Kansans starting in tax year 2016.

And lol at the lazy ass democrats:
The House began debate on a pair of bills at 1:30 a.m. meant to plug the state’s nearly $400 million budget hole. It did not pass until after 4 a.m.

Democrats castigated Republican leaders for holding the debate at such an hour when lawmakers are weary
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »
Per the newspaper, the budget impasse is nearly over.

It is, of course, damning to poors and all about the rich:
he House plan includes the governor’s proposal to eliminate income taxes for 380,000 low-income Kansans starting in tax year 2016.

And lol at the lazy ass democrats:
The House began debate on a pair of bills at 1:30 a.m. meant to plug the state’s nearly $400 million budget hole. It did not pass until after 4 a.m.

Democrats castigated Republican leaders for holding the debate at such an hour when lawmakers are weary

Yeah because the state reaps sooooo much money from those 380k.  Do you want to talk about how sales tax or sin taxes hurt the poor disproportionately?  I'll wait for you to take econ 101.

Also: LOL we're charging fees to nursing homes and places for the disabled.  So Christ, much Christian.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2015, 08:35:21 AM »
http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2015/06/11/report-sam-brownback-cried-during-a-private-meeting-with-republicans-last-night

Sam cries like a bitch.

Brownback also made reference, legislators said, to backlash he faced when out in public. In March, for example, he was booed by fans at the NCAA Tournament game in Omaha between The University of Kansas and Wichita State University.

:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2015, 08:40:37 AM »
http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2015/06/11/report-sam-brownback-cried-during-a-private-meeting-with-republicans-last-night

Sam cries like a bitch.

Brownback also made reference, legislators said, to backlash he faced when out in public. In March, for example, he was booed by fans at the NCAA Tournament game in Omaha between The University of Kansas and Wichita State University.

:lol:

another fun sam fact- he makes the budget people say prayers with him during meetings. like everyone is expected to hold hands and bow heads and close eyes and pray about the kansas budget. that's a fact.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 12, 2015, 09:12:00 AM »
Those 380k will still be taxed on every dollar they make, just in consumption rather than income. 

Also, the original bill had a lower food tax starting next year.  The house snuffed that out.

Middle class was the real target here.