Author Topic: Planning weddings  (Read 87492 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Planning weddings
« Reply #225 on: August 01, 2013, 05:41:42 PM »
GOD rough ridin' DAMNIT! I JUST SAY A BABY SLEEPING IN A CAR SEAT ON MY WAY BACK FROM THE BAR AND TOTALLY LOST MY BUZZ. I'M SO rough ridin' PISSED NOW!

:lol:

I cannot tell you how many times I have been robbed of a sweet, sweet buzz for this exact reason.

i'm really feeling like you are focusing on the kids way more than you should be and it's taking you off your game. what if, just for exercise sake, the next time you are at a wedding and you see a kid you just pretend like they are a "little person"? kind of like that whole imagining the audience is naked when having to give a speech or something.  :dunno:

That's not going to work.  I'm a terrible imaginer.  My brain won't let me lie to myself.  I still know. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 01, 2013, 05:45:28 PM »
GOD rough ridin' DAMNIT! I JUST SAY A BABY SLEEPING IN A CAR SEAT ON MY WAY BACK FROM THE BAR AND TOTALLY LOST MY BUZZ. I'M SO rough ridin' PISSED NOW!

:lol:

I cannot tell you how many times I have been robbed of a sweet, sweet buzz for this exact reason.

i'm really feeling like you are focusing on the kids way more than you should be and it's taking you off your game. what if, just for exercise sake, the next time you are at a wedding and you see a kid you just pretend like they are a "little person"? kind of like that whole imagining the audience is naked when having to give a speech or something.  :dunno:

That's not going to work.  I'm a terrible imaginer.  My brain won't let me lie to myself.  I still know.

maybe pick a table by a wall/corner and then you grab the seat next to it so that you can't see the whole room. then just have bros bring you drinks and you go to pound town on the drinks and there's no way that you see someone under the age of 18 unless your friend pulls a prank and pranks you by bringing one over to the table.  :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »
John Prine is going to Peoria next month! You should go, Bread! And then post about it!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
last wedding i was at MattSeibrandt'sLeftHand commandeered a little kid for about 10 minutes and videoed him shouting funny stuff into the camera.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Planning weddings
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2013, 06:16:07 PM »
Mr. Bread gets an invite

Daris gets cut

Sorry Daris :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »
John Prine is going to Peoria next month! You should go, Bread! And then post about it!

Oh man, it doesn't get any more musical elitisty than John Prine.  I could come back from that and just crap my pretension all over your thread.  My heart wouldn't be in it though and that's not fair to John.   
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 01, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »

Oh man, it doesn't get any more musical elitisty than John Prine.  I could come back from that and just crap my pretension all over your thread.  My heart wouldn't be in it though and that's not fair to John.   

sheesh, you try to be nice to someone. :don'tcare:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 01, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »
Do you know what me, Johnny Cash and Roger Waters all have in common?  We rough ridin' love John Prine. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 01, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »
I'm very impressed.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 02, 2014, 11:39:26 AM »
Went to family Christmas with 10 little kids. Old SB Gramps read a 2-minute long devotional prayer thingy before Christmas dinner and only like two of the kids were quiet. Future Mrs. Benny looked at me afterward and whispered "Uhhhhhh clearly we made the right deciszh on no kids at the wedding."   :whistle1: Oh also SB whole family sung Joy To The World around the piano, which was really really great. :D

Anyway, we're registering for stuff now. Tips?  :Wha:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:42:48 AM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 02, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
Went to family Christmas with 10 little kids. Old SB Gramps read a 2-minute long devotional prayer thingy before Christmas dinner and only like two of the kids were quiet. Future Mrs. Benny looked at me afterward and whispered "Uhhhhhh clearly we made the right deciszh on no kids at the wedding."   :whistle1: Oh also SB whole family sung Joy To The World around the piano, which was really really great. :D

1. Don't register for China. You'll never use it.
2. Register for some tools and cool stuff like that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 02, 2014, 11:50:01 AM »
Sounds great. Neither of us has any desire to get china.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »

I like how your wife talked during the prayer about how annoying the talking kids were. But the sing along sounds fun.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 02, 2014, 12:16:18 PM »

I like how your wife talked during the prayer about how annoying the talking kids were. But the sing along sounds fun.

the singalong does sound fun. also, omg kids. it is just impossible for a normal person to just go about their business in anyway whatsoever when one of them is within fifty feet. i mean what in the world is wrong with them. the kids i mean obviously and not the completely normal adult that isn't able to just go about their own business.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 02, 2014, 12:19:15 PM »

he said after.. and she did whisper

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2014, 12:24:08 PM »
I would invite kids but have their parents dress like them Halloween

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »

:D
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »

Candy for them?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2014, 12:30:03 PM »

Also I forgot how butthurt daris gets about the kid thing so that was a nice blast from the past when bumping this 120 day old thread.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »

Candy for them?

there'd be a dance competition with candy payouts towards the middle/end of the reception.  i guess i'd give out some participation candy too.  nothing too early though

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »

Also I forgot how butthurt daris gets about the kid thing so that was a nice blast from the past when bumping this 120 day old thread.

i think you are confusing butthurt w/ me making fun of you, but that was to be expected.

on a side note, i was at orange leaf the other day and had just got my favorite orange leaf to eat and sat down. guess what happened? a woman and a five year old walked into the orange leaf. what did i do you ask? stood up, threw my orange leaf in the trash and walked out. orange leaf offically ruined.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »
Don't register for a quesadilla maker, you won't use it.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »

i think you are confusing butthurt w/ me making fun of you, but that was to be expected.

on a side note, i was at orange leaf the other day and had just got my favorite orange leaf to eat and sat down. guess what happened? a woman and a five year old walked into the orange leaf. what did i do you ask? stood up, threw my orange leaf in the trash and walked out. orange leaf offically ruined.

thanks, I will make sure to avoid orange leaf in the future.
emaw

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2014, 12:54:46 PM »
looks like y-l_a will be taking his talents to purple swirl

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2014, 12:58:41 PM »
You know what really pisses me right the hell off?  When I go somewhere with my adorable little kid and no one pays attention.  He usually just sits on my lap adorably, but sometimes he also will read a book with me or I'll let him look through pics of us on my phone.  Most times we do that he smiles and sometimes says "daddy!" or "hello!" and laughs.

Bottom line, this is adorable.  People follow those twitter feeds with adorable kid stuff and viral youtube vines and what not and it is right in front of their face and do I even get a compliment for raising a great kid?  The future of America?  A well behaved youngster?

Nope.

Is it any wonder that there is a line half way up the aisle every basketball game so parents can take their children to sit on Snyder Santa's lap, take a pic, have him ask them about their studies and sign something to memorialize the encounter and an extra special place in their child's heart?  IS IT?

Well, no.  It isn't much of a wonder at all.  Because this whole damn country has gone to hell because of people that don't love kids in general, but my kid in specific, and think that they are just God's gift to society because they can poop in toilets and legally drink and what not.