Author Topic: ISU Stadium Renovations  (Read 11926 times)

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
Re: ISU Stadium Renovations
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
My Iowa state insiders say the big donor for this owned the county living magazine conglomerate and recently sold to reader's digest, Haverhill confirm or deny?
I'm purple down

Offline Cannoncat

• Fan
  • What say we settle this on the runway... Han-Solo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Our stadiums will be so legit for farmaggedon every rough ridin' year  :Carl:
"Round house kick to the butt hole!"-Kstate vs Aggie 53-50, 2011.

"Charlie Weis is the same mistake he ever was"-Gregg Doyel CBS

"Good people deserve good things."-Fatty4ksu

"The heart break kid!"-Winters

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2013, 10:50:49 PM »
My Iowa state insiders say the big donor for this owned the county living magazine conglomerate and recently sold to reader's digest, Haverhill confirm or deny?

Is 2007 recent? The man is Roy Reiman and he has given ISU a lot of money. There is a beautiful university garden, called Reiman gardens right behind those south bleachers being redone.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2013, 11:08:11 PM »
:D

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »
i won't have the good name of Nuway slandered in this thread.  i don't know what maid rite is and i don't really care, but any negative discussion about Nuway is off-limits.

period.  end of story.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
i won't have the good name of Nuway slandered in this thread.  i don't know what maid rite is and i don't really care, but any negative discussion about Nuway is off-limits.

period.  end of story.

Sorry man, they are exactly the same except maid rite doesn't have delicious root beer and floats

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2013, 10:36:39 AM »

period.  end of story.

Sorry man, they are exactly the same except maid rite doesn't have delicious root beer and floats

I wonder if the original Nuway is still open on Douglas.  Used to stop there for the delicious root beer still served in chilled glass mugs (somehow it tasted much better) and their o-rings.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »

period.  end of story.

I wonder if the original Nuway is still open on Douglas.  Used to stop there for the delicious root beer still served in chilled glass mugs (somehow it tasted much better) and their o-rings.

it is, west of Douglas and Seneca

Offline KSUBrian

• Combo-Fan
  • Weird Robert is #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »
Maid rite =  :Yuck::barf:

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2013, 11:14:35 PM »
Maid rite is a name I would reserve for an industrial cleanser or plastic container manufacturing.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2015, 04:44:35 PM »
OK, ISU, we get it. You suck. You don't have to remind us by printing it on the wall in front of your end zone seats.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2015, 04:44:50 PM »
For people asking why to add more seats instead of putting in a new suite tower first...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 08, 2015, 04:50:36 PM »
how does that answer the question?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
I thought the more seats to suites question came down to iowans being poor

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »
I challenge any of you to find something funnier than when Iowans try to brag.  I will be waiting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
It looks like an open ended Cotton Bowl.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2015, 06:31:07 PM »
Looks like a more rundown version of West Virginia

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2015, 08:33:34 PM »
Where's the conference love? I'm glad isu is upping their game.  We collectively need improved stadiums.  They're basically all crap holes compared to the sec and big 10

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »
Yeah. I'm down. I like it for the most part. (Even though the hard angled straight lines of the new bleachers don't really match up with the subtle curvature of the bleachers along the sidelines, and that's kinda aesthetically jarring, lolol.) 'Grats Havs, you've earned it. Once you get permanent bleachers behind that other end zone your stadium will meet SB's qualifications for being a big timey stadium.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2015, 09:35:02 AM »
I only said it kind of looked like an open ended Cotton Bowl from the air, particularly since the Cotton Bowl added on in the upper levels of the endzone.

It is impressive that they'll have 60,000 seats with Iowa down the road and a state that doesn't have a big population.  But Proud Paul had better start winning or I don't see those seats being filled for too many more years.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »
Yeah. I'm down. I like it for the most part. (Even though the hard angled straight lines of the new bleachers don't really match up with the subtle curvature of the bleachers along the sidelines, and that's kinda aesthetically jarring, lolol.) 'Grats Havs, you've earned it. Once you get permanent bleachers behind that other end zone your stadium will meet SB's qualifications for being a big timey stadium.

This is probably what its going to look like for a while. I still can't believe this 5-19 team (over the last two years) can have a 60mil renovation. I'm not holding my breath for anything new for a while after this addition. I haven't seen the project yet, living in Texas, so I'll know more once I get up there on Labor Day.

I agree the sight lines are weird in a few spots, and its somewhat jarred together, but I bet thats where visitors seating will be located soon. The old plan didn't connect the upper decks to existing decks, but looked more disjointed. The new plan looks somewhat unified architecturally.

Old plan:

In terms of seating number, I don't think its going to be terribly hard to fill if (a big if) Iowa State can get 6 wins. Thats a pretty low bar, but one Paul is struggling with at the moment. At the end of the day, the biggest positive I see is that new facility upgrades (Endzone seats, Endzone Club, Training Facility, Gateway project) will make the program more marketable for Paul's replacement.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:08:00 AM by Haverhill »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2015, 10:29:58 AM »
It's good to see ISU building lots of seats for those $25 dollar a year donors and general admissions types while bucking the trend set by K-State  :kstategrad: who built 70 suites and thousands of club seats to accommodate those that write the high 6 figure and 7 figure checks.   :thumbsup:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
TBH, i really like ISU's model of sell its fiscal soul to get 60k+ into the stadium.  I think it's fun.  If K-State could build a 70k seat stadium and fill it, i wouldn't care if we had to pay taco john's to give away our tickets with potato oles. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2015, 11:50:06 AM »
The 2-3 actual wealthy donors are probably kind of bummed out