Author Topic: Best wishes to Brad Underwood, who knows a sinking ship when he sees one  (Read 20333 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Don't understand why there would be anything upside from our best players leaving.  Even if your prime goal is just getting Weber out, the worst thing you could have him start with a bare cupboard, finish at the bottom of the confernce his first year, and actually have him improve the program over his first four years.

oh I think he could stay at the bottom of the conference. oscar has got it in him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don't understand why there would be anything upside from our best players leaving.  Even if your prime goal is just getting Weber out, the worst thing you could have him start with a bare cupboard, finish at the bottom of the confernce his first year, and actually have him improve the program over his first four years.

Yeah. The chances of getting rid of Currie involve him leaving after a couple decent years from Weber much more than getting him fired. JMHO.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah. The chances of getting rid of Currie involve him leaving after a couple decent years from Weber much more than getting him fired. JMHO.
Absolutely. Schulz is tied to currie and currie is tied to weber. It makes firings difficult.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Will people melt down when Underwood goes to KU or will they embrace KU for pulling him away?  tough decission.

Offline fr@ck me

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I have a hard time believing Self has had time to even consider filling that spot yet.

Well Self has lost a coach and a DBO in the last week, so I'm sure he is looking to replace them with good people before they all have jobs.  seems like something a good coach would do.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Best wishes to Brad Underwood, who knows a sinking ship when he sees one
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
Will people melt down when Underwood goes to KU or will they embrace KU for pulling him away?  tough decission.

I won't be mad at Brad.  Would you rather work for Bill Self or oscar Weber?

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I won't be mad at Brad.  Would you rather work for Bill Self or oscar Weber?

Would be absolutely fantastic preparation for Brad to come back as HC @ KSU.   :ksu:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Honestly, now that oscar pretty much has Lowry, I'm fine with Brad following Frank. oscar now has his older, experienced coach on staff. Now he needs a couple of young, energetic recruiters. I get the connection, but now you move on. Just like I didn't want a K-Stater for the principle of it as a HC I'm pretty much the same when it comes to assistants.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
how will we "lock down the borders" without a local  :dunno:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
how will we "lock down the borders" without a local  :dunno:

Yup, no more landing all the elite Kansas talent, like we enjoyed when Frank was here.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Best wishes to Brad Underwood, who knows a sinking ship when he sees one
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »
So Brad Underwood is certainly kick some ass right now.

He currently has Stephen F. Austin 10-2 with losses to Texas by 10 and East Tennessee St. by 8.
His team is currently rank 88 in kenpom and 6 in the country in forcing turnovers.
This is really impressive considering Stephen F. Austin was ranked 62 last year but lost its top 3 players.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2013, 01:30:31 PM »
So Brad Underwood is certainly kick some ass right now.

He currently has Stephen F. Austin 10-2 with losses to Texas by 10 and East Tennessee St. by 8.
His team is currently rank 88 in kenpom and 6 in the country in forcing turnovers.
This is really impressive considering Stephen F. Austin was ranked 62 last year but lost its top 3 players.

SFA would probably give us a run for our money.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
been popping up quite a bit on gpc lately, but the theory frank is suffering without undy's x's and o's may have at least partial validity to it.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2013, 02:11:46 PM »
been popping up quite a bit on gpc lately, but the theory frank is suffering without undy's x's and o's may have at least partial validity to it.

yeah south carolina was spectacular last year

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »

:dunno: they seemed more competitive last year, even though they seem to have better talent this year. though i also don't care enough to do any research and will accept my clown suit if someone else does. at any rate, kudos to brad.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2013, 04:26:06 PM »
I know we own the Beach and played them twice, but Frank now gets to play Akron in back to back games within 3 days.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:12 PM »

:dunno: they seemed more competitive last year, even though they seem to have better talent this year. though i also don't care enough to do any research and will accept my clown suit if someone else does. at any rate, kudos to brad.

their final kenpom was worse last year. :dunno:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2013, 12:36:17 AM »
Would take Underwood.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2013, 02:29:28 AM »
Would take Underwood.
i love the idea too, but as a technicality, oscar hasn't mumped up this season yet, so bleak as those first 3 loses made the season appear, a potential 3-0 vs GW/GZ/OleM is trending in the right direction. And if this season goes well, thats actually 2 good years in a row, one of which can't be explained by his atrocious recruiting (i think oscar would honestly be better off leaving recruiting to assistants, he has terrible interpersonal communication skills, i shook his hand once to zero eye contact and a very awkward exchange of pleasantries).

I'm still team burn it down, but i still try to stay objective about it.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »
Any chance that both Currie would offer a job AND Brad accept? I think probably not.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »
Any chance that both Currie would offer a job AND Brad accept? I think probably not.

He absolutely would.  Leaving some Texas hinterland for a chance to coach at his alma mater and hang out with his old buddies who are boosters who would buy him things that matches the value of his current contract. Yeah, he'd come here and work for Bashar al-Assad.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »

He absolutely would.  Leaving some Texas hinterland for a chance to coach at his alma mater and hang out with his old buddies who are boosters who would buy him things that matches the value of his current contract. Yeah, he'd come here and work for Bashar al-Assad.

Such an amazing post
:lol::lol:

catzacker

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »
what did Unds do well?  certainly wasn't recruit.  I guess yippie for the pinch post. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2013, 05:02:28 PM »
what did Unds do well?  certainly wasn't recruit.  I guess yippie for the pinch post.

Did he have some high profile misses that I don't remember?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
I think Huggins just wanted a homegrown guy who he could send all over the state to talk to alumni so that he wouldn't have to do it himself.