Author Topic: Credit Card balance transfer  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Credit Card balance transfer
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
I was foolish and had self esteem problems that led to me racking up a 6000 balance on my card.
-I just went through a one year "economic hardship" period on my payments where they reduced the minimum payment while freezing my card.
-now my interest rate jumped up to 11% and i don't want to pay a minimum fee of 150 each month.
-the broken englished phone rep told me i couldn't make any changes to my card because i just went through the reduced payment plan.

What can I do fellow smart people? Can I balance transfer?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
elitist since 1994

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Card balance transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
Are you unemployed?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
balance transfers on other CCs are dogshit because they will charge you an upfront fee of, like, 3 percent before even moving it.  you are best served going to your local bank, savings and loan, etc. and taking out a loan and paying it off. 

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
If you want a good laugh(at your expense) go into the bank and ask for an unsecured loan. Tell them its to pay off credit card debt.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:42:34 PM »
If you want a good laugh(at your expense) go into the bank and ask for an unsecured loan. Tell them its to pay off credit card debt.
used to do it all the time for travel when I was a grad student

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:55:05 PM »
just pay it off.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:59:28 PM »

spot on, SD is such an idiot.  Also, refuse to consent to them pulling your credit report and tell them you're on the OFAC list.

Lefty, find a FDCPA attorney and sue the credit card company for trying to collect your debt.  Just kidding, 11% isn't that bad for a credit card, get a[nother] job and pay it off.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:59:51 PM »
just pay it off.

srsly. just pay it off. Do the snowball method or the mocha factor or whatever, but pay it off.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Lefty

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »
just pay it off.

srsly. just pay it off. Do the snowball method or the mocha factor or whatever, but pay it off.

That's kinda the harsh reality I guess. Gotta bite the bullet I guess. Thanks for the input all
elitist since 1994

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
What can I do fellow smart people?

:dubious:
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
just pay it off.

That's kinda the harsh reality I guess. Gotta bite the bullet I guess. Thanks for the input all

I inherited 3-4k cc debt from my wife when we got married. Paying it off was a top priority right after rent. If you have other debts you're working on, the ranking style of the snowball method is useful. You'll be surprised how fast you can make it go away if you prioritize it. Great feeling, too.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."