Author Topic: House buying/owning advice  (Read 109784 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: House buying/owning advice
« Reply #1225 on: March 31, 2022, 01:05:45 PM »
flush a bunch of pennies down the toilet and then use a metal detector to find the sewer line imo

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 31, 2022, 01:21:50 PM »
#1Call

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 31, 2022, 03:08:40 PM »
I am jonesin' for a pic of this decrepit outlet.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 31, 2022, 03:28:32 PM »
it's already been replaced.  old one was taken to the city dump this morning.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 31, 2022, 03:42:37 PM »

You are ashamed of it, aren't you? I asked for a pic two days ago and you conveniently ignored the request.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 31, 2022, 06:14:30 PM »

You are ashamed of it, aren't you? I asked for a pic two days ago and you conveniently ignored the request.
show him yours, and maybe he'll show you his

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 31, 2022, 06:15:57 PM »

show him yours, and maybe he'll show you his

He's already spoliated the evidence. No point.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 01, 2022, 10:37:15 AM »

of course i'm ashamed of it.  it represents multiple levels of mine own ignorance picture of dorian grey style

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 01, 2022, 12:08:12 PM »
Look at this absolute beauty:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2208-Washington-Blvd-Kansas-City-KS-66102/75726311_zpid/

What a marvelous wonder of a home. I bet the neighborhood is steeped in history too.

same price as this:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7069-Granada-Ln-Prairie-Village-KS-66208/75612662_zpid/

Loling at “charming” being one of the first several words of the PV house.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 01, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »
Houses in my neighborhood are routinely selling for 200k over asking within 12 hrs of listing. It’s crazy out there guys

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 01, 2022, 01:04:02 PM »
Houses in my neighborhood are routinely selling for 200k over asking within 12 hrs of listing. It’s crazy out there guys
People are starving for houses. Never seen anything like it. Part of me wishes for a recession just so people calm the heck down. Labor market is crazy too.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 01, 2022, 02:06:22 PM »
i would have sworn a bunch of dead / retirement home boomers and several years of slowed down immigration would have led to a housing surplus

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 01, 2022, 02:33:46 PM »
i'm 90% sure this is a joke

but if you're not joking, you're lying. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 01, 2022, 03:43:28 PM »

neither a joke, nor a lie. Have looked at 4 houses in the last 2 weeks, in my neighborhood, on the day of listing. 3 of them were already 200 over asking and one was 175.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 01, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »
i would have sworn a bunch of dead / retirement home boomers and several years of slowed down immigration would have led to a housing surplus

boomers don't seem to be dying all that much*, and a lot of them refuse to leave their homes for a retirement/nursing home**

* this is purely anecdotal and I'm sure someone will come in here and yell at me about the death rates blah blah blah

** this too is anecdotal and just seems to be what I am noticing in my area

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 01, 2022, 05:22:16 PM »

neither a joke, nor a lie. Have looked at 4 houses in the last 2 weeks, in my neighborhood, on the day of listing. 3 of them were already 200 over asking and one was 175.
A house 2 doors down from us sold for more than $100k over asking recently. It’s absolutely an insane market right now. I’m not saying the housing prices don’t reflect fair market, but the crazy low inventory has made FMV skyrocket.

I can’t remember if I shared it here, but in the process of refinancing we got quotes from appraisers that were over $200k apart despite being done within 2 weeks of each other.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 01, 2022, 05:37:36 PM »

A house 2 doors down from us sold for more than $100k over asking recently. It’s absolutely an insane market right now. I’m not saying the housing prices don’t reflect fair market, but the crazy low inventory has made FMV skyrocket.

I can’t remember if I shared it here, but in the process of refinancing we got quotes from appraisers that were over $200k apart despite being done within 2 weeks of each other.

yeah it's crazy, I'm glad I'm not in a spot where I NEED to buy a house, but more just looking for more convenience etc.

In my experience appraisals are wildly inaccurate, and it's a shame banks and lenders put such a huge emphasis on them

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 01, 2022, 05:51:36 PM »
One of you should swoop in and grab that Washington blvd house in kck.  Beautiful!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 02, 2022, 06:35:58 AM »

What part of KC?  200 over asking is insane and I’m still suspicious. 

If it’s mission hills or somewhere where 200 equates to 20ish percent then that’s a lot less crazy, but if people are paying 500 or 600 for 300 and 400 llistings, that seems absolutely bananas and hard to believe.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: April 02, 2022, 07:02:49 AM »

If it’s mission hills or somewhere where 200 equates to 20ish percent then that’s a lot less crazy, but if people are paying 500 or 600 for 300 and 400 llistings, that seems absolutely bananas and hard to believe.

North Leawood, houses starting usually 8-900

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 02, 2022, 07:47:47 AM »

Yeah that makes more sense.  20-25% over asking is still nuts, but less nuts than >50 percent.

Who knew KCFD was a billionaire??? :eek:

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 02, 2022, 08:01:57 AM »

Yeah that makes more sense.  20-25% over asking is still nuts, but less nuts than >50 percent.

Who knew KCFD was a billionaire??? :eek:

Lol I’m sure there’s still a few people here that remember that whole story

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 02, 2022, 08:53:57 AM »
that thread was exhilarating!

kcfdcat remind me are you still involved with DS?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 02, 2022, 09:43:15 AM »
that thread was exhilarating!

kcfdcat remind me are you still involved with DS?

I am not, I sold my portion in 2020