Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933817 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1800 on: April 11, 2011, 05:56:47 PM »
Well the 2nd & 3rd best players he had were juniors replacing sophomores.  Really outside of Freddy and that stiff from Hutch his transfers haven't been horrible.

d1 transfers have been good, jucos have been horrible.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 11, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
Well the 2nd & 3rd best players he had were juniors replacing sophomores.  Really outside of Freddy and that stiff from Hutch his transfers haven't been horrible.

The best has been Canada :angry:

catzacker

« Reply #1802 on: April 11, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »

andre gilbert
abdul herereaerafa
buchi awaji
canadian

freddy, devon, and omari are also, technically, jucos.  

it's a goddman nightmare (sans devon).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 11, 2011, 06:19:25 PM »
bill walker was better than CK and Clemente. Please.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 11, 2011, 06:21:33 PM »
Frank wants to get down where the pickens are easier . . . at K-State you actually have to work hard at recruiting, and people start to wonder about "recruiters" who get paid $455K a year but don't seem to recruit anybody.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 11, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
Frank wants to get down where the pickens are easier . . . at K-State you actually have to work hard at recruiting.

i suspect that, even at miami, he'd have to actually pick up the phone and extend an offer to joell james and khyle marshall before they'd show up on campus.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Scary Smart

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 11, 2011, 06:32:42 PM »
I agree with pretty much everything sys has said in the past few pages of this thread.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 11, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
If Frank grovels like that in public, I wonder how pathetic he is in private phone calls.

Also, if Frank left.... would Wefald be invited to come back and cry like a woman scorned in front of the whole nation?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 11, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »
If Frank grovels like that in public, I wonder how pathetic he is in private phone calls.

Also, if Frank left.... would Wefald be invited to come back and cry like a woman scorned in front of the whole nation?

wow, two absolutely brutal takes in one post. At least one was somewhat original. I guess that's a good thing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 11, 2011, 06:44:12 PM »
bill walker was better than CK and Clemente. Please.

100% correct, don't know what the hell I was thinking about, forgot about Jake too.  Doesn't change the point though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 11, 2011, 06:46:24 PM »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 11, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
Meh. Frank just played the game, but not well. Had the ear of a reporter, probably a bit ticked at Currie and the situation in Miami and he brings out the wrong talking point, or at least a poor version of it. In another year things will be a lot different.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 11, 2011, 06:50:55 PM »
Nick Wright has done a good job clown suiting us this afternoon.

'Grats Frank. 

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 11, 2011, 06:56:30 PM »
Meh. Frank just played the game, but not well. Had the ear of a reporter, probably a bit ticked at Currie and the situation in Miami and he brings out the wrong talking point, or at least a poor version of it. In another year things will be a lot different.

If Frank happens to have his worst year next year that contract negotiation is going to be awkward as hell.  That contract provision about renegotiating a full year after the benchmark was reached is very weird and frankly I'm a bit stunned that Katz agreeing to it.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 11, 2011, 06:57:26 PM »
Nick Wright has done a good job clown suiting us this afternoon.

'Grats Frank. 

Cliffs

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: April 11, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
What has K-State done exactly to be clown suited?   

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: April 11, 2011, 07:01:31 PM »

If Frank happens to have his worst year next year that contract negotiation is going to be awkward as hell.  That contract provision about renegotiating a full year after the benchmark was reached is very weird and frankly I'm a bit stunned that Katz agreeing to it.

True, but Frank its likely confident enough to not really think about having a really bad season. After this us all over, Frank will have a press conference and make nice with the local media and this will be forgotten by 95% or more of fans. It will only be brought out again next year if something similar happens again after the season. Still extremely unlikely he's anywhere except Manhattan next year.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »

Yeah, that's a bit...odd.

Frank: "I met one of my requirements. Let's talk raise."
John: "You also just finished 7-11 in conference and lost in the 2nd round of the NIT."

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: April 11, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »

I'm actually not very meh about this. It really does look pretty shitty. Even if he was misrepresented, his quotes taken out of context, etc it's still depressing to see him act like such a goddamn Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when so far for the most part every thing he's done and said has been so rough ridin' cool. To me it's not as much that he wants to go to miam as much as how rough ridin' non-elite he looks in all of this and how non-elite he's making all us elite fans look.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: April 11, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »
Just read the interview again.  I don't think it's that bad.  He's just embarrassed that Miami didn't pick him, regardless of if he'd have gone or been able to work out a deal.

Naturally and not necessarily rationally, I blame Currie.  He should become AD at Miami and him and Shalalalala can tuck each other's shirts in.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: April 11, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »
Frank needs to speak to a local dood to clear this up. SD, Trim, make the call.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: April 11, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »

If Frank leaves (likely) how many of you would jump ship if Underwood was promoted?  :runaway:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: April 11, 2011, 07:10:09 PM »

I'm actually not very meh about this. It really does look pretty shitty. Even if he was misrepresented, his quotes taken out of context, etc it's still depressing to see him act like such a goddamn Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) when so far for the most part every thing he's done and said has been so rough ridin' cool. To me it's not as much that he wants to go to miam as much as how rough ridin' non-elite he looks in all of this and how non-elite he's making all us elite fans look.

I find it sad/hilarious when adults expect sports figures to act differently than themselves or the other schmuck they share a cubicle with.  He wants to feel wanted by his employer and his people back home.  Frank is sensitive who should care or be surprised.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: April 11, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »

I wonder what J-Mart's doing now that the Final Four is over.  A freelance article on this whole situation would be a nice addition to goEMAW premium.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: April 11, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
I think it comes down to him turning down other jobs and waiting for the miami job to come open and now that it finally has he's super pissed that they haven't even called him when he probably assumed the job was as good as his. Now he's saying all this stupid stuff that hurts our feelings.