Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933768 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1775 on: April 11, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »
Frank is going to lie low for a couple of years, and as soon as he has any sort of success again he's going to be gone.  It won't matter where it is as long as it isn't Manhattan, KS.  He probably has Bob Huggins in his ear every day telling him what rubes we all are. 

I'd never say Frank was "lying low"

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 11, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
Beems is on the money here.  Frank sees the writing on the wall.  The recruits he needs to compete in this league aren't coming to KSU and his stock now that Pullen is gone will only drop.  The time to get out is now and he knows it.  He assumed when this crap went down with Haith to Miami he could just roll out of here and get a fresh start with zero expectations. He'd be home making millions enjoying the crap out of life while he re-built a program.  He would get a minimum of 5 years down there and if crap didn't pan out he could just pass the buck on "nobody gives a crap about basketball down here" and probably go land a good job or assistant job somewhere.  As it stands he is probably going to get his crap kicked in for 2 or 3 years here at KSU, get fired, and have to blow Huggins for a gig at WVU.  

I'b be pissed if I were Frank too. He's no dummy. He knows this ride is coming to an end.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 11, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
* EXCLUSIVE *

Guys, I just obtained with Donna Shalala/Miami.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: April 11, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
Beems is on the money here.  Frank sees the writing on the wall.  The recruits he needs to compete in this league aren't coming to KSU and his stock now that Pullen is gone will only drop.  The time to get out is now and he knows it.  He assumed when this cac went down with Haith to Miami he could just roll out of here and get a fresh start with zero expectations. He'd be home making millions enjoying the cac out of life while he re-built a program.  He would get a minimum of 5 years down there and if cac didn't pan out he could just pass the buck on "nobody gives a cac about basketball down here" and probably go land a good job or assistant job somewhere.  As it stands he is probably going to get his cac kicked in for 2 or 3 years here at KSU, get fired, and have to blow Huggins for a gig at WVU.  

I'b be pissed if I were Frank too. He's no dummy. He knows this ride is coming to an end.

I think the now that pullen is gone talking point is ridic. funny.
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 11, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »
bobfescoe Bob Fescoe
Congrats to my man Doug Tucker of the AP. He is retiring in June. Its all sports fans losses. Good luck Doug! Hes @byevanwest

Tucker just wants to stir the pot before he heads off to the old writers homes.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 11, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
Beems is on the money here.  Frank sees the writing on the wall.  The recruits he needs to compete in this league aren't coming to KSU and his stock now that Pullen is gone will only drop.  The time to get out is now and he knows it.  He assumed when this cac went down with Haith to Miami he could just roll out of here and get a fresh start with zero expectations. He'd be home making millions enjoying the cac out of life while he re-built a program.  He would get a minimum of 5 years down there and if cac didn't pan out he could just pass the buck on "nobody gives a cac about basketball down here" and probably go land a good job or assistant job somewhere.  As it stands he is probably going to get his cac kicked in for 2 or 3 years here at KSU, get fired, and have to blow Huggins for a gig at WVU.  

I didn't see anything in there that mentioned pullen leaving?  :ck:
And he isn't necessarily reloading the talent pool here either.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 11, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »

He's doing a slightly above mediocre job of reloading the talent pool.   

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 11, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »

agree with doom.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 11, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »
Seems like we were better last year when Denis was here.  Frank brought him in, right?  :ck:

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 11, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »

I didn't see anything in there that mentioned pullen leaving?  :ck:

agree with doom.

Well, instead of "Pullen is gone" let's use...  Pullen, Kelly, Judge, Clemente, and whoever else he has/will run off are gone and being replaced with three freshman and a sex addict from New York.  The point is... the talent pool appears to be dwindling.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: April 11, 2011, 05:14:14 PM »

agree with doom.

Well, instead of "Pullen is gone" let's use...  Pullen, Kelly, Judge, Clemente, and whoever else he has/will run off are gone and being replaced with three freshman and a sex addict from New York.  The point is... the talent pool appears to be dwindling.

What the eff are you talking about, seriously shut up.  When you replace seniors with freshmen of course it appears that the talent is getting worse.  eff man no one thought Jacob Pullen was going to be better than Cartier Martin.  The stupidity of your post pisses me off.  rough ridin' Wally Judge sucked, it wont be hard for either freshman big to out produce him.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: April 11, 2011, 05:16:35 PM »

agree with doom.

What the eff are you talking about, seriously shut up.  When you replace seniors with freshmen of course it appears that the talent is getting worse.  eff man no one thought Jacob Pullen was going to be better than Cartier Martin.  The stupidity of your post pisses me off.  rough ridin' Wally Judge sucked, it wont be hard for either freshman big to out produce him.

MIR you just said the same thing.  We are replacing proven talent and experience with un-proven talent with no-experience.  What did I say that has you so butt hurt?  I like you MIR.  Please don't PI me.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: April 11, 2011, 05:17:49 PM »
Yeah all this Frank bashing makes sense... cause Pullen was a 5 star recruit, and Kelly wasn't a 1 ppg loser at UCONN.  IMO, Frank did some pretty amazing things with mediocre players (Pullen, Kelly, Clemente) and who cares about Judge...  I dont see why he wouldnt be able to do it again.

I guess we could go back to Woolly, cause that would be much better... and possibly never get to the NCAA tourney again.  Please remember where we came from...

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:13 PM »
I think it's a mix of Frank being a bit upset Miami hasn't at least reached out, making a bad PR move and getting too honest in an interview, and making a poor play to get a contract negotiation .

I've never been ignorant enough to think Frank doesn't at least have mild interest in the Miami job. I may be ignorant, though, in believing that just because Frank has interest in the Miami job it doesn't mean he hates Manhattan/K-State.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: April 11, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
Hey, it's not my fault Frank wants to get the eff out of here on the first thing smoking.  You guys are mis-directing your anger.  

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: April 11, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
so what is everyones expectations for Frank and 'cats basketball from here on out?

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: April 11, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »
you think if we embezzled some cuban cigars and flew in some miami beach skanks to the little apple Frank will stay?  :emawkid:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: April 11, 2011, 05:27:50 PM »
so what is everyones expectations for Frank and 'cats basketball from here on out?

I think 2011-2012 will sting a little, but I think 2012-2013 could be a pretty nice year.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 11, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »

agree with doom.

MIR you just said the same thing.  We are replacing proven talent and experience with un-proven talent with no-experience.  What did I say that has you so butt hurt?  I like you MIR.  Please don't PI me.

No we didn't say the same thing, he's replacing seniors with freshmen, the same thing he's done every single year he's coached.  Literally every single college coach in every single sport is doing the same thing.  Why do you feel the need to point it out as a weakness?

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 11, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »

agree with doom.

No we didn't say the same thing, he's replacing seniors with freshmen, the same thing he's done every single year he's coached.  Literally every single college coach in every single sport is doing the same thing.  Why do you feel the need to point it out as a weakness?

Ok.  I guess what I'm saying is despite some of the stats _Fan posted regarding what we have returning compared to other years, I feel that we are returning less this year than we have since we lost Beas/Walker.  The difference being we felt good about having Judge/McGrudes/Kelly on the way and Clemente running the show.  I'm a bit concerned with our immediate future (2011/2012) given what we are losing and what we appear to be returning/recruiting.  Is that a fair enough assesment? 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »

i wish he'd replace seniors with freshmen, that usually works out really well.  the replacing sophomores with juniors part is what sucks.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 11, 2011, 05:49:39 PM »

i wish he'd replace seniors with freshmen, that usually works out really well.  the replacing sophomores with juniors part is what sucks.
But then his "well we have one of the youngest teams in this league" talking point would be taken away.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 11, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »
But then his "well we have one of the youngest teams in this league" talking point would be taken away.

2011-2012 martin - "we have 6 first year guys, and nino didn't play last year, that's over half our team that has never played a minute in the big 12"

:curse:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 11, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
the guy (marty) screwed up didn't play this hand very well.  who cares.  /thread

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: April 11, 2011, 05:55:25 PM »

Well the 2nd & 3rd best players he had were juniors replacing sophomores.  Really outside of Freddy and that stiff from Hutch his transfers haven't been horrible.