Author Topic: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread  (Read 189261 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2012, 04:13:40 PM »

if i walk into a room and there are dead people all over the place covered in blood and there is one living person and he looks crazy and strung out and has a huge knife in his hand with blood on the knife and blood dripping from his hands and he sees me and starts runnings towards me while simultaneously bringing up the arm that the knife is in up over his head...should i wait and see if he's going to kill me too or should i turn around and run? weber took over a basketball team that had five future nba players on it and then promptly produced two of the worst years in school history within nine years before being fired. you can stay in the room and try to ask the guy what happened and hope like heck that he's not the serial killer you think he is all you want, but i won't. i don't need to. there's already enough evidence for me to conclude that he is.

If your buddy drove his mom's Toyota Avalon (low miles and leather seats) for 5 years because he didn't make enough money to buy his own car but he always bitched about having to drive his mom's car because it wasn't even a convertible, it had a noticeable rattle somewhere by the front passenger floor speaker, and he couldn't spit game because it was an old person car and then he totalled his car and had to go buy a new car and ended up buying a Nissan Maxima mith more miles and he was always, constantly bitching about how his new ride wouldn't ever come close to comparing to his mom's Avalon because his mom's Avalon was so completely badass because it was a limited edition convertible and his game was so tight in that car that he couldn't beat the girls away with a stick, would you call your friend out as being full of crap?  I mean, I would.  I'd say, dude, you drove an Avalon for 5 years, what are you complaining about?  It's not like you were driving an Audi or a Benz.  And you didn't have the money to buy an Audi or a Benz.     

You are seriously undervaluing Frank as a coach. oscar Weber is a huge downgrade.

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Being reported on TOS that Brad Korn of SIU, most likely to KSU.,...

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2012, 04:16:32 PM »

Brad Korn sounds like a made-up name. Are we even sure he's a real person?

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile

Offline bruce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/korn_brad00.html
He's a 6-9 ginger wearing a pink shirt under a giant sweater. Recruits love that crap.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »
Everything about that kid screams Wisconsin.

:cry:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2012, 04:30:50 PM »
if we end up taking bobo drummond over gray i'm going postal

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2012, 04:34:21 PM »
Oh, man, I bet people called him Candy Korn when he was younger.

Offline KsJoey

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »
He needs to use a backwards R in his last name...   :thumbs:

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2012, 04:39:24 PM »

People don't talk that sh@t now though, since he landed that hot piece of Mrs. Korn.  That's a rough ridin' handsome woman. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »
it's a great thing for you that you are interested in kstate bball and think weber can do well. i wish i could switch my brain to think that way but i can't. it's not possible.

rick daris, you are kind and understanding person.  i admire you.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
Scott Frost's long lost brother?  :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2012, 04:42:51 PM »

if i walk into a room and there are dead people all over the place covered in blood and there is one living person and he looks crazy and strung out and has a huge knife in his hand with blood on the knife and blood dripping from his hands and he sees me and starts runnings towards me while simultaneously bringing up the arm that the knife is in up over his head...should i wait and see if he's going to kill me too or should i turn around and run? weber took over a basketball team that had five future nba players on it and then promptly produced two of the worst years in school history within nine years before being fired. you can stay in the room and try to ask the guy what happened and hope like heck that he's not the serial killer you think he is all you want, but i won't. i don't need to. there's already enough evidence for me to conclude that he is.

If your buddy drove his mom's Toyota Avalon (low miles and leather seats) for 5 years because he didn't make enough money to buy his own car but he always bitched about having to drive his mom's car because it wasn't even a convertible, it had a noticeable rattle somewhere by the front passenger floor speaker, and he couldn't spit game because it was an old person car and then he totalled his car and had to go buy a new car and ended up buying a Nissan Maxima mith more miles and he was always, constantly bitching about how his new ride wouldn't ever come close to comparing to his mom's Avalon because his mom's Avalon was so completely badass because it was a limited edition convertible and his game was so tight in that car that he couldn't beat the girls away with a stick, would you call your friend out as being full of crap?  I mean, I would.  I'd say, dude, you drove an Avalon for 5 years, what are you complaining about?  It's not like you were driving an Audi or a Benz.  And you didn't have the money to buy an Audi or a Benz.     

You are seriously undervaluing Frank as a coach. oscar Weber is a huge downgrade.

Belvis is a well documented anfi-frankite.  He is clearly going full tard for oscar because he isn't Frank.  Belvis doesn't seem like a guy to waiver from a stance when he takes it.  I look forward to seeing how he justifies not being entertained by oscar Weber November basketball.  Dax on the other hand hates everyone, whenever the transition to hating Weber comes it will be really easy for him.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2012, 04:42:55 PM »

People don't talk that sh@t now though, since he landed that hot piece of Mrs. Korn.  That's a rough ridin' handsome woman.

Why would that keep people from talking crap, though? Is her name Candy or something? I can see how that would get confusing.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2012, 04:43:56 PM »
Guys, I'm just spitballing here, but is it possible that Bubbles is confused about the difference between recruit spots and assistant coach spots and thought he was interviewing Josh Gray for the assistant coach spot and that's what's led to the confusion as to whether or not Gray could come to K-State AS WELL AS the lack of adding any more assistant coaches?

I mean, seems kinda out there, but once you've eliminated the impossible (Weber can't recruit or hire assistants, since we're assured he can do both fine by the Weberites), whatever remains, however improbable, ya know?

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:12 PM »

Wasn't it as a video guy?

I got that in an email.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
It should be noted that when we "took a chance" on Figger we had the best bag man in college basketball already on staff and the number 1 recruit in the country on the way.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 24, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »
I am just assuming that oscar's inabilities in hiring and returning calls lately is due to the red tape involved with the bureaucracy that is the Spradling family.  oscar sees what has happened to coaches in the past and recognizes that 2 more years of Sprads is plenty of time for the Spradlings to do what they are best at.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2012, 05:19:49 PM »

Belvis is a well documented anfi-frankite.  He is clearly going full tard for oscar because he isn't Frank.  Belvis doesn't seem like a guy to waiver from a stance when he takes it.  I look forward to seeing how he justifies not being entertained by oscar Weber November basketball.  Dax on the other hand hates everyone, whenever the transition to hating Weber comes it will be really easy for him.

I'm not anti-Frank or pro-oscar.  I'm just a glass half full guy on a glass half empty board. 

I mean, if you go back and read my posts, I think I've been pretty consistent that I wish Frank was still our coach.  But, he's not.  There were things I hated about Frank.  no question.  but there were a lot of positives as well.  I wouldn't drive up to every home game if I hated the program.  The only question I see as relevant is whether Frank's "success" can be replicated by a coach like oscar Weber.  The answer to that question is Yes.  Again, I'm a glass half full guy.  I believe that Weber can attain 20 win seasons, 3rd-5th place finishes at KSU, and consistent NCAA tourneys.   

Most on this board probably hope that I'm wrong.  It is what it is. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #444 on: April 24, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
  I believe that Weber can attain 20 win seasons, 3rd-5th place finishes at KSU, and consistent NCAA tourneys.

Why not say you believe oscar can have a better conference winning percentage, better average conference finish, better NCAA tournament record, etc.?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #445 on: April 24, 2012, 06:52:47 PM »
"spit game" :lol: :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »

I'm not anti-Frank or pro-oscar.  I'm just a glass half full guy on a glass half empty board. 

I mean, if you go back and read my posts, I think I've been pretty consistent that I wish Frank was still our coach.  But, he's not.  There were things I hated about Frank.  no question.  but there were a lot of positives as well.  I wouldn't drive up to every home game if I hated the program.  The only question I see as relevant is whether Frank's "success" can be replicated by a coach like oscar Weber.  The answer to that question is Yes.  Again, I'm a glass half full guy.  I believe that Weber can attain 20 win seasons, 3rd-5th place finishes at KSU, and consistent NCAA tourneys.   

I have 0 doubt that you love K-State basketball, that isn't the issue, but to call yourself an optimist on a board of pessimists is laughable.  I don't need to link the scores of posts you've had the last basketball season complaining about everything.  Every single basketball debate you had before oscar Weber was hired you argued the negative.  So far your stance on the Weber era is the polar opposite of how you posted during the Frank Martin era.  We were all the optimists, where do you think Frankite came from?  You were not a Frankite, but you are certainly a Weberite.  The only explaination of your shift it that you're excited to have the Frank Martin era behind us, because there have been absolutely 0 signs of positive momentum since he arrived, none.  Also painting yourself as some rogue positive po is rough ridin' absurd.  Most of the board is like me, we want oscar to succeed because we love K-State hoops, but continuing to ignore everything that has happened to this point and keep saying "wait and see" is absurd.  I was on the wrong side of the Jim Wooldridge and Ron Prince debates, but at least in those two cases there was early positive momentum.  Everything about Weber's program to this point has been awful but you have flipped your once lofty standards.

You refused to give frank a pass for anything but to this point you're willing to ignore oscar's:

Shitty recent record with good recruits
The fact that he lost the recruiter to an awful basketball mid major
He couldn't attract any assistant coach that had any options
Recruited a mid major player at a position we're stacked at while ignoring a top 150 recruit at a position of need

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #447 on: April 24, 2012, 06:56:46 PM »

well there's your problem.   I don't hope you're wrong, I think you are wrong.   just like you didn't hope frank would drive our program into a ditch you thought he would.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Assistant Coach Rumor Thread
« Reply #448 on: April 24, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
  I believe that Weber can attain 20 win seasons, 3rd-5th place finishes at KSU, and consistent NCAA tourneys.

Why not say you believe oscar can have a better conference winning percentage, better average conference finish, better NCAA tournament record, etc.?

That's a fantastic question.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 24, 2012, 07:07:58 PM »

No I didn't hate Frank, I just chose to live in reality.   I don't hate Weber,  but I am not that thrilled with what's going on, and will fire with both barrels when the appropriate time comes.   Less than 1 month of the guy being on campus is not the appropriate time.   Had Frank walked out the door leaving behind a conference championship banner and a Final Four banner, I'd probably be more on the extremely butthurt side, like most people on here.   But he didn't, he was good coach, a mediocre recruiter, who went to the NCAA tourney regularly, and had 1 nice NCAA tourney run.   Something that's happened during the tenure of five other K-State coaches (and then some in several cases . . . LOL again at Frank's "coaching graveyard" comments).   I don't think its tuckish or respectish at all to give a guy who has a Final Four ring, and a conference championship ring from a BCS conference (of which Frank Martin has NEITHER) the benefit of the doubt just 3.5 weeks into his tenure at K-State.   Sometimes things just don't work out at a place but the guy didn't compile a 313-155 record on the D1 level by being a complete idiot. 

Everybody is bitching and moaning about the staff, and about the recruiting, so once again lets review Frank Martin's recruiting once Bob Huggins walked out that door:

Ron Anderson (Franked)
Andre Gilbert (Franked)
Jamar Samuels  :thumbsup:
Buchi Awaji  :lol:
Abdul Herrera  :lol:  (Franked)
Jo  :thumbsup:
Tay Irving  :blank:
Wally Judge  :thumbsup: then (Franked)
McGruber  :thumbsup:
Nick Russell (Franked)
Freddy Asprilla  :lol: (Franked)
Juevol Myles  :lol: (Franked)