Author Topic: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)  (Read 165133 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »
Getting the feeling that the Gov is kinda a dick.  I mean, when he was first introduced, he kept telling ppl to make sure they effect the head(Saints ref) when killing someone so they don't come back.  But when he drops Merle, he does so with a shot to the chest.   :horrorsurprise:

What a douche.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
got me thinking...which "main" characters have we seen as zombies?

andrea's sister, shane, merle.....that's all I've got.

The little girl!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
The Walking Dead (official thread, 'clams not allowed)
« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
Getting the feeling that the Gov is kinda a dick.  I mean, when he was first introduced, he kept telling ppl to make sure they effect the head(Saints ref) when killing someone so they don't come back.  But when he drops Merle, he does so with a shot to the chest.   :horrorsurprise:

What a douche.

The Gov must have fought in Nam.  That guy is as ruthless as Charlie.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
oh jesus i'm a dumbass.  how could i forget the plotline of the whole damn second season?   :shakesfist:

Offline JustifiedAncientsofMuMu

• Combo-Fan
  • the fords of norwegian
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2013, 02:02:29 PM »

:bawl:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2013, 02:27:52 PM »
yeah, the guy that plays Daryl is pretty good.  the whole scene with him killing zombie merle was great.

Offline JustifiedAncientsofMuMu

• Combo-Fan
  • the fords of norwegian
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »
king of the hill is set in the same universe as walking dead

The Big Train

« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »
Season finale was pretty intense, IMO it was a good episode.  We are gonna need some new main characters tho if they keep killing them off.  :frown:

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32:59 AM »
Great episode. Milton's demise was fairly predictable, as was Andrea's after the next-to-closing scene.

The migration of at least some of the Governor's populace to the prison was kind of unexpected, but will do nothing more than to piss off the Governor. And those who made the migration were clearly non-combatants, which will make the Gov more confident that he can take the prison. (The question begged of course, is where are the Gov and his remaining loyalists?)

That said, the clear rift developing between Carl and Rick is intriguing. Can't wait until the series resumes in October.

The Big Train

« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2013, 12:48:14 AM »
Great episode. Milton's demise was fairly predictable, as was Andrea's after the next-to-closing scene.

The migration of at least some of the Governor's populace to the prison was kind of unexpected, but will do nothing more than to piss off the Governor. And those who made the migration were clearly non-combatants, which will make the Gov more confident that he can take the prison. (The question begged of course, is where are the Gov and his remaining loyalists?)

That said, the clear rift developing between Carl and Rick is intriguing. Can't wait until the series resumes in October.

Yeah and to be fair, Andrea was going to die in the CDC until silver fox talked her out of it.  We don't know exactly how many people live there, and by the looks of it a fair amount of people went to fight at the prison before the Gov went nuts.  Also with the ones that left, how many people still live there, besides of course the Gov's 2 remaining "true followers." 

I agree about the father and son rift, Carl got his first taste of cold blood murder.  He did however have some good logic IMO of how silver fox and Lorrie died.  CAN'T WAIT TILL SEASON 4!  :excited:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2013, 01:06:06 AM »
eff that crap, they went and mumped the whole story up. I quit.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2013, 01:16:30 AM »
Bullshit ending.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 01, 2013, 05:54:06 AM »
I liked it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 01, 2013, 08:44:03 AM »
yeah, great epi.

i can't think of anything else that i really wanted to see.  season 4 will be "different," but we'll still have the main human bad guy.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 01, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
I was expecting more to the confrontation with the Gov but fully get why they didn't do that.  He was fully defined last night.  This whole season has been a slow transition from a conflicted guy transitioning toward a monster.  They did a good job of that over this season.  It will be interesting to see what next season centers on, though.  I mean, if it is just another one of them defending the prison from some evil guy, it will get old.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2013, 08:50:36 AM »
I was expecting more to the confrontation with the Gov but fully get why they didn't do that.  He was fully defined last night.  This whole season has been a slow transition from a conflicted guy transitioning toward a monster.  They did a good job of that over this season.  It will be interesting to see what next season centers on, though.  I mean, if it is just another one of them defending the prison from some evil guy, it will get old.

I didn't buy the gov as this horrible psychopath until last night.  I don't know where he goes from here.  Maybe like a captain ahab type that begins recruiting new guys?  I imagine he'll show up now and again to cause trouble but with only 3 guys?  bfd.

Having all those old people at the prison will undoubtedly cause all kinds of new problems.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »

I didn't buy the gov as this horrible psychopath until last night.  I don't know where he goes from here.  Maybe like a captain ahab type that begins recruiting new guys?  I imagine he'll show up now and again to cause trouble but with only 3 guys?  bfd.

Having all those old people at the prison will undoubtedly cause all kinds of new problems.

how long till all those old people and children get massacred by zombies? prolly like 1 episode

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2013, 08:53:14 AM »
i'm hoping that next season will be a mixture of struggles of taking care of a bigger population, the rift between father/son keeping your humanity thing, and the gov recruiting.

new scenery would be nice, but now that they brought new people i can't see them traveling.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2013, 08:54:26 AM »
i did have a laugh to myself last night that the zombies have become an annoyance to the characters and not necessarily a danger anymore. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2013, 08:56:31 AM »
i did have a laugh to myself last night that the zombies have become an annoyance to the characters and not necessarily a danger anymore. 

I' keep thinking that we'll see a new kind of zombie, as if the virus adapts but maybe not.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2013, 08:58:37 AM »
part of me wants more of a "why did the outbreak happen" type of thing, but i realize that the show isn't really about the zombies.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

I' keep thinking that we'll see a new kind of zombie, as if the virus adapts but maybe not.

Like, what kind of new zombie?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
Like faster or stronger or something.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
like the ones in the movie 28 days later.  It's a virus right?