Author Topic: fatty, eagerly anticipating your annual katz fb season predict thread..  (Read 9469 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
most anticipated post on the internet.  truly signals the cfb off-season has come to it's crescendo and it's 'bout time to ball.

:drool::emawkid:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We get swept by the south

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
No way.

Wins against Tech and Baylor (it's at home) and I bet we beat either A&M or CTR.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

not so fast.  i posed this question to football gods.

Me:  football gods, can baylor win in Manhattan yet?

football gods:  not yet.  they put in a down payment but that's on lay-away.  they still owe dues.  btw, while we're talking we gave aTm too much earlier in '01 and '05.  we're still debating whether they get to win in manhattan again or if that should occur at a later date.

Me:  thank you football gods.  take care.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Baylor is going to smash our faces and balls into dust.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 03:07:41 PM by _33 »

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
Baylor is going to smash our faces and balls into dust.

Their defense is going to struggle. Lost a lot of play makers. The Chamber should unload on 10/1/11. :emawkid:

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Still can't get over the Baylor game from last season.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Why?  They were better than us and we were on the road.

I went and had a lot of fun.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline wes mantooth

• freak and stud
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #LIFE is good
    • View Profile

i was over it before the game was even over.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Don't remember that game  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
haven't had my trip to hastings yet.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile

This.  All we needed was like one or two stops.  Is that too rough ridin' much to ask?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This.  All we needed was like one or two stops.  Is that too rough ridin' much to ask?

DJamer Kris Kosh does not do one or two stops...AMATEURS do one or two stops.

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
jeebus.  Baylor had the perfect personnel to beat us last year.

Our M.O. last year was the power running game, period.  We had 3 interior OL who were plodders but were very good at the point of attack and we had a kid carrying the mail who was a stud between the tackles.  But Baylor had a 1st round 3-4 type nose in the middle (the best 3-4 nose in the draft).  Defensively they simply minimized our power run game.

Offensively they were loaded.  1st rounder at tackle.  playmaking receivers and a gifted duel-threat QB.  Our defense was crap. 

I see two problems playing them this year...they will still be explosive in the passing game and improv running from the QB....how much better we'll be able to stop it remains to be seen but I know that we'll have better athletes in players like Art and Meshak and more depth up front and they're less one 1st round OL.  I worry about corner though...but we were probably worse at that position than we should be (I emphasize "should") this year.

Defensively it will hurt them not having Ford in the middle but, again, we lost our interior three and will likely be more of a running game on the edges w/ what appear to be more agile interior (at least we should be at guard), a better athlete in Klein, and a more speed oriented back in Brown.

will be interesting to see how losing those two first rounders impact Baylor. 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
EKY - Feel good blowout win.  Klein looks like a true dual threat.
Kent - Closer than we would hope for but end up winning by 21.  Klein throws 7 balls in the dirt but runs for 90 and two tds.
@Miami - Feel good Aurburn type loss.  Klein has an Evridge @ NU type of performance but Bryce has a good game and keeps us in it.
BU - Loss.  Defense looks like last year's defense.  Everyone sad.
MU - Win.  Feels very good.  Klein throws for 2 and runs for another.
@TTech - Loss.  TTubbs has TTech looking pretty good.  Still feel good about that MU win last week though.
@KU - Close win in front of 25k+ fans.  KSU fans start clearing their bowl season schedules for travel.
OU-@TX - 4 straight losses.  One of them maybe close.  TX storms the field and tears down their goal posts.
ISU - Everyone freaking out about not making a bowl.  Snowing like a mother rough rider.  Klein runs for 100+ and ISU has 5 turnovers and the KSU Cats are Holiday Bowling.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:34:12 PM by steve dave »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Please match up the dates of the 4 game slide with BB season for a guy who hasn't looked at our schedule yet.

TIA

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
TX storms the field and tears down their goal posts.

lol

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Kent - Closer than we would hope for but end up winning by 21.  Klein throws 7 balls in the dirt but runs for 90 and two tds.
@Miami - Feel good Aurburn type loss.  Klein has an Evridge @ NU type of performance but Bryce has a good game and keeps us in it.
@TTech - Loss.  TTubbs has TTech looking pretty good.  Still feel good about that MU win last week though.
@KU - Close win in front of 25k+ fans.  KSU fans start clearing their bowl season schedules for travel.
OU-@TX - 4 straight losses.  One of them maybe close.  TX storms the field and tears down their goal posts.
ISU - Everyone freaking out about not making a bowl.  Snowing like a mother effer.  Klein runs for 100+ and ISU has 5 turnovers and the KSU Cats are Holiday Bowling.

Peggy Po Tucks and Sean Pawns will have another notch in their breast belts.

Negative Nancy Too Cool for School crowd will be smoking with their shades on posting up the new east side stalls complaining that nothing excites them anymore.

It is like Groundhog Day and we do it again next year.  No emotion, no excitement, no change.  Just mediocrity and lack of direction.  At this point I would almost rather just have Snyder try a Sean hand off to spice things up.  Would at least cause people to get angry about the crap sandwich we are being fed.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
ISU - Everyone freaking out about not making a bowl.  Snowing like a mother effer.  Klein runs for 100+ and ISU has 5 turnovers and the KSU Cats are Holiday Bowling.

Negative Nancy Too Cool for School crowd will be smoking with their shades on posting up the new east side stalls complaining that nothing excites them anymore.

It is like Groundhog Day and we do it again next year.  No emotion, no excitement, no change.  Just mediocrity and lack of direction.  At this point I would almost rather just have Snyder try a Sean hand off to spice things up.  Would at least cause people to get angry about the crap sandwich we are being fed.

so you think, like, 6-6 or 7-5 or so?

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
EKY...KSU Cats are Holiday Bowling.

5 wins = bowl?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
EKY...KSU Cats are Holiday Bowling.

5 wins = bowl?

no, steve dave family is going to San Diego over the holidays.  see travel thread.

ISU - Everyone freaking out about not making a bowl.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

so you think, like, 6-6 or 7-5 or so?

I think my post best describes .500 football.  7-5 or 5-7 would give a slight edge to either side. <4 or >8 wins and we will begin to enter very dangerous territory psychologically.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
no

I apologize, to you.

It was written poorly.  I also spelled Auburn like a dumbass. 

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
no

I apologize, to you.

It was written poorly.  I also spelled Auburn like a dumbass. 
And dual, I saw it before you modded teh crap out of it.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.