Author Topic: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!  (Read 3237355 times)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26175 on: December 26, 2023, 11:48:10 PM »
What the actual eff guys, you’re down 15 and you go for 2 when the line is -13. Brutal
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KU football is NOT going through a rough patch. Cheer on our hawk brothers here!
« Reply #26176 on: December 26, 2023, 11:49:24 PM »
Real plucky ending, but it never really felt in doubt.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26177 on: December 27, 2023, 01:51:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/KellyLeipold/status/1739867991691657454?t=xNlxgAkWGeBJnLBaOwfiRQ&s=19

Fvk off ESPN, Fvk off Nike and Fvk off NCAA20

Back To Topics

Page #
DrJamesANaismith avatar
DrJamesANaismith
Posted on 119 mins, , User Since 262 months ago, User Post Count: 35700
119 mins
262 months
They did everything they could until it was too late to make a fvkin difference. Then magically the flags stopped hitting the ground.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26178 on: December 27, 2023, 08:32:38 AM »
Incredible night for :tsc:

Congrats to our Dillons Bros!!!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26179 on: December 27, 2023, 10:38:24 AM »
I'm honestly pretty surprised and impressed the demo is moving forward given their projected cost increased by more than $100m (without an increase in scope) before ground ever broke.  Obviously I can't really glean the "under the hood" stuff re. financing and how that all shook out with that kind of cost increase, but I figured something like that would've made them pump the breaks for a while to consider how this thing is actually going to get paid for.

I assume that all got analyzed and green lighted after adequate due diligence.  On the other hand, they broke ground apparently without knowing where they're playing football games next season, so...who knows.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26180 on: December 27, 2023, 11:13:42 AM »
Perhaps they know what their options are on where they can play next year, but they are choosing not to say until later because of the options being bad?  Might be harder to recruit if you don’t play any home games, or something?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26181 on: December 27, 2023, 11:49:49 AM »
that was an amazing display of the absolute dirtiest play you can put out there and the whiniest coach in the conference.  I suspect the players were being that filthy on purpose because any blue blood would never poach a coach of a team that disgusting.  Lance's non stop whining also turns off the actual good football schools.   He is stuck at ku for the duration.  Huge win for RCJH last night

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26182 on: December 27, 2023, 11:54:08 AM »
I don't know how anyone watching on TV could say whether at least half of the calls were legit, because they rarely showed replays.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26183 on: December 27, 2023, 11:57:15 AM »
I don't know how anyone watching on TV could say whether at least half of the calls were legit, because they rarely showed replays.

I felt bad for the best team in ku history getting bumped by texas state v. rice then having the worst broadcast in television history in front of 5k fans (tops).  Bean deserved better

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26184 on: December 27, 2023, 11:59:08 AM »
I was listening on the radio at the end of the first half driving home. Being up 28-10 and complaining about the refs was one of the most small timey things I've ever witnessed. UNLV was obviously overmatched, just win the game and don't be a baby.

Also, the posing with the trophy like you won the NBA Finals is Power Towel level funny.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: December 27, 2023, 02:07:03 PM »
Lance's constant whining is going to cost them games oin the future. The refs will remember the f-bombs he constantly throws at them, and he will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt on questionable calls. The facemask call against them in the 3rd or 4th quarter down inside the 5 yd line was a message to Lance to STFU. Clearly just a hand full of jersey, not really even close to the facemask.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26186 on: December 27, 2023, 02:13:32 PM »
The non-stop cussing out the referees will however scare off good college football programs.  Net positive for ku

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26187 on: December 27, 2023, 02:17:36 PM »
Perhaps they know what their options are on where they can play next year, but they are choosing not to say until later because of the options being bad?  Might be harder to recruit if you don’t play any home games, or something?

Phog grumblings that they have worked out a deal with the royals
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26188 on: December 27, 2023, 02:18:43 PM »

paying to play in Missouri will never happen.  They would sooner throat truman the tiger

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26189 on: December 27, 2023, 02:21:05 PM »
The non-stop cussing out the referees will however scare off good college football programs.  Net positive for ku

The Lancer did not fall too far from the Pelini tree that's for sure.  Notice KU did finish 9-4.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26190 on: December 27, 2023, 02:23:43 PM »
It just seems strange to me that they would destroy their stadium while still having "options," rather than a concrete answer.  Seems almost like the FIRST thing you would do before destroying your football stadium would be "locking in" where next year's games are going to be played (on account of your stadium is now destroyed).

OTOH, I'm not an expert in "building a new stadium" action flowchart, so maybe "where do we play next year" is a question that gets solidified after you bulldoze your stadium.  YOLO!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26191 on: December 27, 2023, 02:40:36 PM »
Looking at the current demo they should be able to get it done by in time for games next year.  it is a pretty minor reno

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26192 on: December 27, 2023, 02:46:09 PM »
Looking at the current demo they should be able to get it done by in time for games next year.  it is a pretty minor reno
Maybe.  I'm a little mixed up about their "phases."

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26193 on: December 27, 2023, 02:47:24 PM »

Bold of you to assume the royals won’t be needing that field in oc- oh wait

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26194 on: December 27, 2023, 04:10:55 PM »
LL is a total lunatic.

A couple of calls were sus but most were legit.

Their secondary is full Huggy, just grab and push and make the refs throw a flag.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26195 on: December 27, 2023, 06:28:14 PM »

I felt bad for the best team in ku history getting bumped by texas state v. rice then having the worst broadcast in television history in front of 5k fans (tops).  Bean deserved better
The broadcast legit sucked. I swear there were at least 3-5 plays that weren’t even shown cause the production guys didn’t think to show the field angle when teams were about to snap it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26196 on: December 27, 2023, 06:58:09 PM »

The broadcast legit sucked. I swear there were at least 3-5 plays that weren’t even shown cause the production guys didn’t think to show the field angle when teams were about to snap it.

It was embarrassingly bad. I don't even think the announcers were physically there. They seemed just as clueless (or more so) as the viewer at home.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26197 on: December 27, 2023, 08:08:18 PM »

It was embarrassingly bad. I don't even think the announcers were physically there. They seemed just as clueless (or more so) as the viewer at home.

I agree, I don't think they were there.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26198 on: December 27, 2023, 11:13:04 PM »

Heard today they have a deal with Arrowhead Stadium.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26199 on: December 27, 2023, 11:25:43 PM »

Heard today they have a deal with Arrowhead Stadium.

a deal to never play any games there?