Author Topic: Israel - Hamas peace process  (Read 55642 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #950 on: April 01, 2024, 06:25:56 PM »
Normalize bombing embassies, I say
We bombed the eff out of a Chinese embassy.

It was a “mistake”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 01, 2024, 07:51:10 PM »
LSU coach needs a green top hat

Edit: Just gonna leave this here lol
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 02, 2024, 10:36:29 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 02, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »
Israel- "we take extreme caution and care to only target Hamas, who uses civilians as human sheilds. this is why we had to go in to Al Shifa hospital twice and we arrested/killed hundreds of Hamas terrorists there. We are coordinating with aide groups to distribute humanitarian aide safely."

World Kitchen:
   "WCK said on Tuesday that the seven aid workers had died even though they were travelling in a “deconflicted zone in two armoured cars branded with the WCK logo” and another vehicle.

“Despite co-ordinating movements with the IDF, the convoy was hit as it was leaving the Deir al-Balah warehouse,” the group added."

Israel:
   “Unfortunately there was a tragic incident in the last 24 hours in which our forces unintentionally hit innocent people in the Gaza Strip,” the Israeli prime minister said. “It happens in wartime?.?.?.?We will do everything we can to ensure this isn’t repeated.”

I've seen children more apologetic about spilling milk. At what point does everyone drop the pretense that Israel is behaving normally or rationally?

As Israel now attempts to broaden the war to include Iran, Syria, and Lebannon it would be good for the West to consider whether now is the time to send a clear signal by cutting off the weapons and money until Israel changes tactics.

As for how the "region's only democracy" is handling its own citizens free speech?

It is banning Al Jazeera from broadcasting in Israel.

and here are some quotes from peace activists in Israel:
   “I said: ‘You’re not going to feel comfortable about what I’m going to do, but I’m also dedicating a Kaddish to the thousands of innocent civilians, the women and children, being slaughtered by us in Gaza,’” Frey recalled.

The backlash erupted within days. Far-right groups reposted the video with Frey’s home address. Hate messages flooded in. Hostile crowds surrounded the apartment block where he lives with his wife and two children, setting off fireworks and flares.

"The fear was real. It was close to October 7 and people’s blood was boiling,” said Frey, a rare journalist-cum-peace activist in the ultraorthodox community. “We were seconds away from people breaking into our home.”

Frey fled in the early hours, but more than five months later, he is still too scared to return, instead moving from place to place. “I’ve lost my community,” he said.

“The witch hunt is against anyone who puts his head out of line,” said Rami Elhanan. The 74-year-old son of a Holocaust survivor is a member of the Parents Circle-Families Forum, which brings together Israeli Jews and Palestinians who have lost relatives during the decades-long conflict.

Forum members like Elhanan, whose 14-year-old daughter was killed in a Hamas suicide attack in 1997, have for years arranged meetings between bereaved Jews and Palestinians and high school students to preach peace and coexistence. But in August the education ministry banned the group from schools."

"Meir Baruchin’s outspokenness landed him in prison. A veteran history and civics teacher, he had long used Facebook to raise awareness about the plight of occupied Palestinians.

After Hamas’s attack, he posted about Gazans killed in Israel’s offensive, including a picture of dead babies, noting that “entire families are being wiped out”. On a teachers’ WhatsApp group, he said Israeli forces had raped Palestinians in the past.

Within weeks, the local municipality fired him and complained to police. The education ministry suspended his teaching licence. In November, he was arrested, charged with the intention to commit treason and detained for four days. He was released, but the case is still pending.

A labour court ruled in January against the municipality and education ministry, ordering his reinstatement and awarding him damages. But when Baruchin returned to school, protesting students hurled abuse at him.

“I was literally under siege inside the teachers’ room,” said Baruchin, who has a son and daughter in the Israeli military. “They curse me?.?.?.?They wished me to die. They wished for my children to die.”

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 02, 2024, 10:45:27 AM »

It was a “mistake”.

never a msitake when we silver back chicoms

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 02, 2024, 11:47:49 AM »
This is bad!

https://twitter.com/WCKitchen/status/1775027258249359451

Just a few days ago Israel was being criticized for bottle necking food trucks at the border. It sure seems like they're being intentionally hostile to aid groups.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 02, 2024, 01:14:19 PM »

It was a “mistake”.

Post reeks of Team Locked and Loaded red ass

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 02, 2024, 01:21:55 PM »

It was a “mistake”.

Post reeks of Team Locked and Loaded red ass

dark brando sends the chi coms packing.  watch him and trump nuke tik tok next

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 02, 2024, 01:49:36 PM »
Scientific bro just had counter intelligence training for the first time in his protracted Federal career, it's not because of Vlad Putin.

Milquetoast Brandon ain't sending anybody packing.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 02, 2024, 03:31:15 PM »
Israel- "we take extreme caution and care to only target Hamas, who uses civilians as human sheilds. this is why we had to go in to Al Shifa hospital twice and we arrested/killed hundreds of Hamas terrorists there. We are coordinating with aide groups to distribute humanitarian aide safely."

the glaringly obvious thing i hate about this talking point...why would Hamas continue to implement the "civilians as human shields" strategy since Israel clearly dgaf and will attack anyway no matter what?

its like when the ksucats would lose a game by 20 points and then oscar weber would be like "well we won the play-hard chart" like...okay?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: April 02, 2024, 04:57:07 PM »
The conflict over whether the orthodox Israelis should serve in the army like everyone else is getting interesting.  Netanyahu might be in a classic butt mumped no matter what situation if you know what I mean.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 02, 2024, 06:32:27 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 02, 2024, 08:31:00 PM »
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean

Yeah, same. But I'm always down for a good butt rough ridin'.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Israel - Hamas peace process
« Reply #963 on: April 02, 2024, 09:05:59 PM »
https://www.politico.eu/article/netanyahu-faces-israel-coalition-crisis-over-drafting-ultra-orthodox-jews/

So Orthodox Jews in Israel have the option to skip serving in the army if they go to college/seminary thing and study their religion.

The IDF is running out of soldiers and needs more, and wants Netanyahu to conscript the orthodox draft dodgers.  It also seems like the general population agrees, and they’re getting feisty about it.

Meanwhile the far right orthodox groups are part Netanyahu’s government and support, and they are against their youngsters being in the army.

So, it’s a choose your own butt rough ridin' for him. THIS, not killing Gazans, is what may bring him and his government down.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 02, 2024, 10:55:18 PM »
Compulsory military service for thee not for me
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 02, 2024, 11:37:33 PM »
Sounds a lot like good old USA.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 03, 2024, 06:23:08 AM »
From what I understand, Netanyahu is already unpopular enough that he is pretty much guaranteed to lose the election once the war is over.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 03, 2024, 09:22:40 PM »
Gaza Genocide - brought to you by the Biden Administration

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 03, 2024, 10:39:18 PM »
From what I understand, Netanyahu is already unpopular enough that he is pretty much guaranteed to lose the election once the war is over.
But he will likely be replaced by someone more right wing.