Author Topic: Reasons you wouldn't donate your organs  (Read 4834 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons you wouldn't donate your organs
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 03:16:56 PM »
I also don't care if I have a heart or liver or whatever in the afterlife. Seems like excess weight to carry around to me.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 04:21:59 PM »
I also don't care if I have a heart or liver or whatever in the afterlife. Seems like excess weight to carry around to me.

Will it make eating brats and drinking beer easier or harder?  I mean, these are the real questions, ppl.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »

...and even further yet, the Christians that die in explosions that would have to have someone carry their exploded body parts all over heaven for them throughout eternity.

So, you're saying it's possible that the first thing St. Peter would say upon your arrival at the Pearly Gates is "Someone get this guy a bodybag" ???  :sdeek:

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »

...and even further yet, the Christians that die in explosions that would have to have someone carry their exploded body parts all over heaven for them throughout eternity.

So, you're saying it's possible that the first thing St. Peter would say upon your arrival at the Pearly Gates is "Someone get this guy a bodybag" ???  :sdeek:

i don't think that but i used the prof's argument and road it all the way to the end of the pasture and vocalized it so he could se how silly it
was

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 05:05:25 PM »
Who has to carry around the body parts, the lowest ranking angel?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 05:07:13 PM »

The wife you divorced in your midlife crisis, because you aren't really divorced because it is against church stuff, probs.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »
donate, it just completely changed my perspective on heaven. imagine it.

no brains, no headache.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 05:13:03 PM »

The wife you divorced in your midlife crisis, because you aren't really divorced because it is against church stuff, probs.

So the guy has to go to the afterlife in little bits and his only means of transportation is his ex-wife?  Sounds more like hell

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 05:14:34 PM »
I don't make the rules, CC.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »
there are still a lot of people in heaven from when society had classes and stuff so i imagine there are a lot of peons that carry body parts and stuff around. god planned for people to lose their limbs and stuff so he obviously had a plan for someone to be there to help carry.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 05:17:01 PM »

This made me laugh, good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 09:07:32 PM »
If you have Alzheimer's when you die, does that mean you don't know what is going on the whole time you are in heaven?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
If I die in a stupid shirt do I have to wear that shirt for all infinity?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 09:13:18 PM »
look for me and my radiant yellow skin up above, guys

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 09:17:59 PM »
look for me and my radiant yellow skin up above, guys

jaundice from liver failure?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 09:19:50 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »
 :cheers:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:12 PM »
Mayhaps Katdaddy will die of penis gigantism, rest his spirit...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 10:48:59 PM »
Mayhaps Katdaddy will die of penis gigantism, rest his spirit...
from dust we come and to dust we shall return.  That's a real dick in the dirt fact.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »
So, we're all in agreement... there are no good reasons not to donate your organs?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2014, 08:14:01 AM »
Haven't really thought about it.

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
this is slightly long but on topic.

one of my hermeneutics & new testament profs (yes i went to seminary) fielded a question about tattoos & piercings in class and he said a Christian should not get them as they would still have those in their glorified body in heaven (still don't see why that would be an issue) and used a text where the Christ showed his nail marks to a doubting disciple after his resurection as proof that your heavenly body is the same as your final earthly body, only eternal.  so then someone brought up organ donation.  he said absolutely not don't do it, using the same reasoning.  at this point i was pretty pissed about the garbage he was teaching, not that i don't believe in God because i do but because he was taking a verse and ripping it out of context to back up his thought.  i took his argument and ran with it and said i feel sorry for Christian's that die in fires as they will spend eternity looking like a neglected marshmellow over a camp fire and even further yet, the Christians that die in explosions that would have to have someone carry their exploded body parts all over heaven for them throughout eternity.  i was asked to leave for the remainder of the lecture.

tl;dr cliffs: as a Christian i strongly believe that the religion argument used by some Christians is absolutely ridiculous.

sorry about you loss Matt, fellow organ donor

if you don't mind my asking, which branch of christianity was your seminary? also, did you ask him if Paul just carries his own head around or whatever? and what about all the 1st and 2nd century martyrs that got eaten by lions in the coliseum? are those guys just s.o.l.? it's kind of frightening to think that a seminary teacher, with a doctorate i presume, would be so trapped by such narrow tunnel vision.. and yet, i'm sure your experience is sadly not an isolated event.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »
this is slightly long but on topic.

one of my hermeneutics & new testament profs (yes i went to seminary) fielded a question about tattoos & piercings in class and he said a Christian should not get them as they would still have those in their glorified body in heaven (still don't see why that would be an issue) and used a text where the Christ showed his nail marks to a doubting disciple after his resurection as proof that your heavenly body is the same as your final earthly body, only eternal.  so then someone brought up organ donation.  he said absolutely not don't do it, using the same reasoning.  at this point i was pretty pissed about the garbage he was teaching, not that i don't believe in God because i do but because he was taking a verse and ripping it out of context to back up his thought.  i took his argument and ran with it and said i feel sorry for Christian's that die in fires as they will spend eternity looking like a neglected marshmellow over a camp fire and even further yet, the Christians that die in explosions that would have to have someone carry their exploded body parts all over heaven for them throughout eternity.  i was asked to leave for the remainder of the lecture.

tl;dr cliffs: as a Christian i strongly believe that the religion argument used by some Christians is absolutely ridiculous.

sorry about you loss Matt, fellow organ donor

if you don't mind my asking, which branch of christianity was your seminary? also, did you ask him if Paul just carries his own head around or whatever? and what about all the 1st and 2nd century martyrs that got eaten by lions in the coliseum? are those guys just s.o.l.? it's kind of frightening to think that a seminary teacher, with a doctorate i presume, would be so trapped by such narrow tunnel vision.. and yet, i'm sure your experience is sadly not an isolated event.

I mean, religion by its very nature is not bound by rational thought so it's not like his strange views of bringing all your organs with you to heaven needs to be either.