Author Topic: Shockers  (Read 94451 times)

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers
« Reply #550 on: March 23, 2014, 09:21:39 PM »
I'm not sure what's gonna happen to this town now.
put back on their ku tshirts and hate ksu till the end of time

catzacker

« Reply #551 on: March 23, 2014, 09:23:14 PM »

third shift at Spirit is just going to be a little tougher, that's all.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 23, 2014, 09:25:22 PM »

I think oscar needs to go ahead and pull the trigger on the #EMAW/#watchus game. It should be called "The Loser Leaves the T-Shirt Aisle of the Grocery Store, Sponsored by Dillons."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 23, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »

I think oscar needs to go ahead and pull the trigger on the #EMAW/#watchus game. It should be called "The Loser Leaves the T-Shirt Aisle of the Grocery Store, Sponsored by Dillons."

:lol:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 23, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »
TBS just showed Marshall giving his guys their post game speech in the locker room. Highly motivating and classy speech IMO. You could tell how well he relates to his players. I'll see if I can find a copy online.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 23, 2014, 11:13:40 PM »
I'm not talking about the fans, but you gotta feel bad for the kids that lose that game. Whether it was Kentucky or WSU who came out on top. That was high-level basketball from start to finish. I enjoyed every minute of it as a basketball fan. That was fun to watch.

:thumbs:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 23, 2014, 11:18:47 PM »
Like I said in game, hating WSU fans is understandable, most are horrible, and hating Marshall for being a bit of a dick is also understandable. But if you truly watched that team play and came away hating the team you deserve every first round loss oscar gives us.

They'll be back next year too. Losing Early hurts, he's a bonafide stud, but Baker and VanVleet will destroy the MVC again next year.

Random side note, but if the AAC and WSU don't figure out a way to get together heads should roll. With them taking Navy as football only they fit together like only a commuter school and the BCS cast-offs can

Offline TheCatFanSpeaks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:02 PM »
Wsu getting getting broken was great!

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #558 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:37 AM »
I can't help but feel like wsu played to its ceiling today but I guess I have no way of knowing bc it was the first time this season they've had to. Even still I really doubt wsu could have played any better than they did.

2nd best shooting game, 2nd worst oboarding game, worst defensive game of the year.

If I'm a Kentucky fan, I'd be kind of pissed at the fact that this Kentucky team didn't play anywhere near this hard most of the season.

Their tenacity on defense, especially on the perimeter, has been really good.  Combine that with the rebounding ability, and they may go really damn far.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 24, 2014, 12:19:26 AM »
If I was a Kentucky fan, I'd be really happy right now, pan.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 24, 2014, 11:01:27 AM »
I'm disappointed WSU lost, but that was a great game and hardly an upset. Both are FF caliber teams, both played well, and either could have won. The problem, of course, is that this never should have been a 1-8 matchup. WSU got royally screwed drawing a significantly under seeded Kentucky in the second round. Somewhat crapty season aside, Kentucky's raw talent and athleticism finally started clicking in the SEC tourney.

By same token, K-State also got hosed, but we weren't making the Sweet 16 anyway.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 24, 2014, 11:07:34 AM »
I've seen a lot of people say that Kentucky isn't really an 8 seed. Who did they beat this year to justify giving them a better seed? They lost 3 out of their last 4 games coming into the tournament.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 24, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »
I've seen a lot of people say that Kentucky isn't really an 8 seed. Who did they beat this year to justify giving them a better seed? They lost 3 out of their last 4 games coming into the tournament.

How is that possible considering they played Florida in the SEC championship game?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:24 AM »

How is that possible considering they played Florida in the SEC championship game?

Sorry, that was going into the SEC tournament. They lost 4 or their last 7.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »
Felt bad for the players, didn't really feel bad at all for WSU fans and Marshall tho.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
Kentucky got the correct seed based on their season. Its not like the committee can say that they didn't perform well, but we'll seed them higher because they have talented players. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 24, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »

And lost by 1 point. I know the conference tourneys don't matter much to the committee, but if a team as talented as Kentucky suddenly gets hot, they should.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 24, 2014, 11:15:18 AM »

And lost by 1 point. I know the conference tourneys don't matter much to the committee, but if a team as talented as Kentucky suddenly gets hot, they should.

The problem is that the SEC's only good team is Florida, and Kentucky failed to beat them. They had a really nice win over Louisville, but their second best win was against Tennessee. If I were looking at Kansas State's schedule and results versus Kentucky's, I would give us the 8 seed and them the 9. They are pretty similar.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 24, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
There isn't really much consistency when it comes to how the committee operates.  On the one hand, you are allegedly rewarded (or punished) for what you accomplish during the regular season.  But on the other hand, they do take into account how you might perform during the tournament based on externalities.  Take for example how the committee announced they would be in constant communication w/ KU in regards to Embiid's availability.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:25 AM »
There isn't really much consistency when it comes to how the committee operates.  On the one hand, you are allegedly rewarded (or punished) for what you accomplish during the regular season.  But on the other hand, they do take into account how you might perform during the tournament based on externalities.  Take for example how the committee announced they would be in constant communication w/ KU in regards to Embiid's availability.

Yeah, and that is just wrong, imo. The committee should only consider the results during the season. A team with only one win vs a ranked team that was swept by Arkansas and lost to South Carolina just shouldn't be seeded above an 8/9. If anything, that seeding might have been generous.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 24, 2014, 11:30:17 AM »
Fans complaining about seeding or tough draws past the first round annoy me.  It's the National Championship.  You are going to have to play some good teams and beat some.  You either play your way into a top 3 seed where you have a 90% chance of winning in round one or you play a capable team.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:20 PM »
http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/26/3370077/pr-firms-insult-to-team-draws.html

:lol:

I read a lot of dissent from said e-mail, but what the article failed to mention was the specific content of the offending article.  If the gist of the article were about not being totally butthurt, then I would say that PR news ethically and responsibly couched their message.  But what do I know?  I'm not a PR pro living in Wichita.