Author Topic: Shockers  (Read 94125 times)

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
The "screwed by the refs" meltdown is going to go nuclear for them.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »
I was indifferent going into this game but the longer it went the harder I rooted for WSU, I couldn't sit down at the end.

1.24 ppp for WSU. It's been a long time since I've seen two really good teams trading blows like that. Kentucky showed how good they can be. I think you're right about Baylor getting ready to do the same.

There were just studs galore out there on that court today.

Last night's Wiscy game featured similar offensive efficiency. Fun to watch both.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2014, 05:06:27 PM »
 :frown:
@lopakman

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2014, 05:32:47 PM »
:frown:

hopefully you learned your lesson
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline because emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »
Wichita State is the best team in the state this year and it's really not even close. 

They have the better of the two Wiggins bros, Baker is a better shooter than anybody on our or ku's roster, Early is probably the best player to step foot in Kansas since Beasley and VanVleet is a very solid point guard...

Even though it'll be a rough year for the boys in purple, I'm glad to see baby bro having some success even if it rips the hearts out of lil bro to play second fiddle to an MVC team.

One of the best parts of "TSC" is the leeway that the "S" creates in matters like this.
The only thing that would make wushock better is if those guys were coached by Scott Homer Drew. Because basketball science.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:10 PM »
Bad day for the Konza line segment.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 23, 2014, 06:10:00 PM »

DGAF glad Wichita lost.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 23, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »

DGAF glad Wichita lost.

Oh, me too.  I just can't miss an opportunity to bust out the Konza Geometry.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:41 PM »
Tully made a good point on Twitter today. I'd be embarrassed if my team lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed and everyone was like "oh no, they really were good! This isn't you're average 8 seed!" Give me a break, they were still an 8 seed. Your goal was to win the NC, and you couldn't win 2 games on your way there. Everyone sticking up for them is like going easy on the physically inferior kid on the basketball court. Everytime a 1,2 or 3 seed lost, everybody nation wide makes fun of them for it. But not poor lowly WuShock.

Anyways, that doesn't mean it wasn't the most fun game I've watched this tournament. I'm with MIR, I was standing up the last minute of it.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 23, 2014, 07:09:13 PM »

DGAF glad Wichita lost.

Oh, me too.  I just can't miss an opportunity to bust out the Konza Geometry.

:thumbs:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »
Tully made a good point on Twitter today. I'd be embarrassed if my team lost as a 1 seed to an 8 seed and everyone was like "oh no, they really were good! This isn't you're average 8 seed!" Give me a break, they were still an 8 seed. Your goal was to win the NC, and you couldn't win 2 games on your way there. Everyone sticking up for them is like going easy on the physically inferior kid on the basketball court. Everytime a 1,2 or 3 seed lost, everybody nation wide makes fun of them for it. But not poor lowly WuShock.

Anyways, that doesn't mean it wasn't the most fun game I've watched this tournament. I'm with MIR, I was standing up the last minute of it.
The better team won.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline because emaw

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
The "screwed by the refs" meltdown is going to go nuclear for them.
The main rason I hate refs is because they pull up their pants so high it's camel toe city.
Well, also because they have destroyed the game with their mannerisms, but those britches - oh my.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2014, 07:18:48 PM »

I think the only people thinking poor lowly WuShock or sticking up for them are Kansas people. Plenty (like Doug) are probably thinking this just shows they played no one during the season and they couldn't handle playing a good/talented team.

Its also fair to say this is probably the most talented 8 seed ever. I can't remember one that had at least 6 NBA players on it. This team underachieved  during the season after starting the year ranked #1. They are finally playing up to their talent and ability, and that probably started in the SEC tournament.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
uk is the most talented team in the tourney forget about the 8 seed. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

I think the only people thinking poor lowly WuShock or sticking up for them are Kansas people. Plenty (like Doug) are probably thinking this just shows they played no one during the season and they couldn't handle playing a good/talented team.

If Doug or anyone else says this they should be dismissed as a complete dumbass, because of your second paragraph. And like conference affiliation, your schedule has nothing to do with your post-season success, if this were the case there's no way the SEC would have 3 Sweet 16 teams.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 23, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Actually, Doug was fine.

Doug Gottlieb ?@GottliebShow  3h
A loss doesn't take away from a spectacular season... #Shockers

I agree with that and I agree with what you said, but you know plenty of college fans are thinking what I mentioned, especially with WSU this season.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 23, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »
I was indifferent going into this game but the longer it went the harder I rooted for WSU, I couldn't sit down at the end.

1.24 ppp for WSU. It's been a long time since I've seen two really good teams trading blows like that. Kentucky showed how good they can be. I think you're right about Baylor getting ready to do the same.

There were just studs galore out there on that court today.

Last night's Wiscy game featured similar offensive efficiency. Fun to watch both.

Yeah, I rarely bet on sports, but have been having some fun with microwagers. Picked the over on that one. Was a really fun game.

I think the thing about the WSU UK game particularly was that both teams were defending, but both teams were also making stud play after stud play offensively as well.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 23, 2014, 08:18:12 PM »
I'm glad I've been insulated from WSU fans enough to separate the team on the floor, and the game I watched from any fanstuffs. We all knew that Kentucky at it's best had a lot of JYC in them. During the game I felt both teams played with that toughness and tenacity. Really reminded me of why we all loved watching Frank's teams play so much.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 23, 2014, 08:19:53 PM »
I'm not sure what's gonna happen to this town now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 23, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »
I'm glad I've been insulated from WSU fans enough to separate the team on the floor, and the game I watched from any fanstuffs. We all knew that Kentucky at it's best had a lot of JYC in them. During the game I felt both teams played with that toughness and tenacity. Really reminded me of why we all loved watching Frank's teams play so much.

JYCing while also hitting shots is pretty fun to watch. They shot 62% (59% 2s, 44% 3s) and still rebounded 35% of their misses and had a 44% FT rate (both better than WSU). WSU was slightly better shooting and on TO%, but out-JYCing the Shocks won the game.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 23, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »

JYCing while also hitting shots is pretty fun to watch. They shot 62% (59% 2s, 44% 3s) and still rebounded 35% of their misses and had a 44% FT rate (both better than WSU). WSU was slightly better shooting and on TO%, but out-JYCing the Shocks won the game.

I can't help but feel like wsu played to its ceiling today but I guess I have no way of knowing bc it was the first time this season they've had to. Even still I really doubt wsu could have played any better than they did.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 23, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »
The WSU team was damn good all year long but I have grown very tired of the ICT bandwagon asshats that put their KU gear away just to wear their new Shocker crap.  Guess they think they're combo-fans of some sort.  Oh yeah ... most have OU or Nubbs football gear for the fall.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 23, 2014, 08:37:36 PM »
I can't help but feel like wsu played to its ceiling today but I guess I have no way of knowing bc it was the first time this season they've had to. Even still I really doubt wsu could have played any better than they did.

2nd best shooting game, 2nd worst oboarding game, worst defensive game of the year.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 23, 2014, 08:47:38 PM »
I was really taken aback at the number of people I saw sporting KU and WSU gear while their games were on tv today. Who in the heck goes shopping while the team they support is playing a game in the tourney? T-Shirt fans, that's who.

Also it should be noted that I saw no KSU gear sporting fans while the game against UK was on. because I wasn't working, I was watching the game like a fan should.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 23, 2014, 09:08:31 PM »
I'm not sure what's gonna happen to this town now.

It will go back to being its shitty self minus a good basketball team.