Author Topic: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread  (Read 106331 times)

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible KSU Coaching Decisions Thread
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2017, 12:50:47 PM »
The blitz where Holl ran it in, Kendall Adams ran/was pushed so far outside and past Hill it made me laugh. Our outside blitzing is hilarious.

The Big Train

« Reply #301 on: October 20, 2017, 04:52:48 PM »
They probably thought the game time last week and this week were great times to try and play football.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 21, 2017, 04:56:30 PM »
Anyone with a brain: K State should keep running the ball and keep the clock moving so they at least maintain a 2 touchdown lead going to halftime.

KSU coaches: No, denied.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 21, 2017, 05:01:42 PM »
LOLOLOL, Klatt just called out Dana Dimel for a terrible playcall that resulted in an awful turnover.

For the record, this happened after He Who Smelton Delton and Co. had been having tons of success during a 21-7 first half ass beating running and passing the ball in super tiny chunks. We were obviously trying to get a score while simultaneously bleeding out the clock and make our drive the last drive of the half. Welp nope, Delton throws real far downfield and straight to an OU D-back, who returns it like 700 yards to our 12 yard-line. I'm completely paraphrasing here, but Klatt says something to the effect of, "That just falls on Dana Dimel. Why would you throw that far downfield with an inexperienced QB when the small chunks were working so well?"

Dimel has called a pretty good game so far, but it's still nice to see him getting destroyed on national TV.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BMWWcat

• Combo-Fan
  • I still love the Purple Pants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 21, 2017, 05:04:02 PM »
Hi, my name is alex barnes I have 96 yards on 3 carries...but lets just effing drop back and throw a crap pass to a crap route on a crap play call.   :flush:
Dax fan club member!

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 21, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
Wasn't Warmack in on that drive too?  I don't get why you wouldn't stick with the wild success of Barnes and Silmon either.  Gotta be creative, I guess.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 21, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »
:lol:

We get the ball on our own ~35 or w/e with :36 left in the half. Again it seems at first like we have no idea whether we're going to try to get in FG range or run out the clock. Delton runs a nice 9-yard run and goes down in bounds with :26 left. We just let the clock run for another five seconds before we finally decide to use one of our two remaining time outs.

Then, with :06 left in the half, we attempt a 59-yard field goal that ends up bouncing off the crossbar. We probably could've used the extra five seconds we wasted at the beginning to push the ball forward 6 inches so McCrane could've made that field goal.

*EDIT* This stud post was in the "Has McCrane Ever Made An Important Field Goal?" thread, but it may as well be linked in here for posterity too.
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=39659.msg1770789#msg1770789
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:39:22 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 21, 2017, 05:44:17 PM »
And Dimel's shitty playcalling has returned.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 21, 2017, 06:11:54 PM »
And the ball in the hands of son. WTF, Barnes with his ninety six yards and fresh legs.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2017, 06:32:03 PM »
3rd and 14 deep in our own territory, and we throw a lil pass to our RB and he catches it 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Stunningly, we did not convert the 3rd down. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:44:44 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline KSURFC8

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 21, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
Who's that wearing Pringle's uni. He actually caught one.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." – Winston Churchill/George Orwell

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 21, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »
i liked the part where we were up 21-7 with the ball. having it run it straight down ou's throats all half and then dial up a delton bomb that turns into a pic and an ou fg and turns around all momentum

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
It's a scenario I've NEVER SEEN played out in front of our eyes before.  Maybe we should take notes?

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »
3rd and 14 deep in our own territory, and we throw a lil pass to our RB and he catches it 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Stunningly, we did not convert the 3rd down. :lol:
Turned off the TV at this point.  Why bother watching if the players aren't given the opportunities to make plays without the element of surprise/WTF?  Delton moved the ball on that last drive when they let him pass the ball downfield like a regular QB.  Maybe we should try less contrarian BS and just let our O try to execute (?).

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
When considering this game, make sure to note that we blew a big lead, even a 10-point halftime lead. Which all play-by-play guys used to tell us Snyder never did. If the Mustang fires everybody I will be giddy AF and doing this in the streets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=280yPTyei0U

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 21, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
Turned off the TV at this point.  Why bother watching if the players aren't given the opportunities to make plays without the element of surprise/WTF?  Delton moved the ball on that last drive when they let him pass the ball downfield like a regular QB.  Maybe we should try less contrarian BS and just let our O try to execute (?).

Delton should have been picked twice on his passes to pringle. Floating ducks.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
It's a scenario I've NEVER SEEN played out in front of our eyes before.  Maybe we should take notes?

no crap. this game was just osu last year, osu the year before, texas this year, tcu in 2015, etc. there's no end. i hate to say it, but i think this is the end of bill. we'll finish 5-7 and mean gene will have to earn his money in the offseason.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
I thought the 65 plays between touches for Barnes, particularly considering his 30+ ypc average, was questionable.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »
I thought the 65 plays between touches for Barnes, particularly considering his 30+ ypc average, was questionable.

a reasonable, non-racist, non-fuckface point from fake sugar dick.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 21, 2017, 08:23:48 PM »
The frustrating thing is that Dimel or Hayes can make 600K per year and have all this responsibility, but are only allowed to speak to the media once per year. It's ridiculous that they don't get to answer questions that should be asked.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2017, 08:52:09 PM »
Bill leaving the lip balm at home.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »
Playing tanking and Kirby every down

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2017, 10:13:29 PM »
i think snyder's plan is to have seiler be dc, collin bc oc, and sean to be hc. i think he will "retire" after this season and "consult" from his box from his west stadium club suite. i also think he thinks taylor is his stooge and will make that all happen.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 22, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
Inflexibility always seems to be one of the virtues of our offense.

Barnes found a hole between the tackles and outran everyone to the end zone for a 75-yard touchdown. Not only was it his longest run of the season, it was a confidence booster.

Oddly, though, he only touched saw five more carries, leaving many to wonder, why?

K-State coach LHC Bill Snyder explained the Wildcats preferred to run formations that featured quarterback Alex Delton, who ran for 142 yards and three touchdowns on 27 carries. The majority of those plays call for a lead blocker, instead of a running back.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article180244656.html