Author Topic: Wild Wildcats in NFL Draft  (Read 284490 times)

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Wildcats in 2014 NFL Draft
« Reply #775 on: March 23, 2014, 11:56:31 AM »
Kslim, it depends on the year & the brand...currently the only card company authorized to use college logos is Upper Deck. Topps used to have those rights, I think they lost them in 08. Conversely, Upper Deck can't use NFL or MLB logos, so their pro products are mostly throwback pics w/ college unis & logos.

typed on a tiny tapatalk keyboard, deal with it

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 23, 2014, 12:58:32 PM »
Thanks  :thumbs:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 23, 2014, 01:06:57 PM »
I have been out of the card collecting business for awhile, is press pass still around? That was always my favorite rookie card box to get. They always had college logos.

Offline EMAWesome

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 23, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
I have been out of the card collecting business for awhile, is press pass still around? That was always my favorite rookie card box to get. They always had college logos.

Press Pass is still around, no college logos anymore though. Press Page & Sage are basically jokes...there is really strong demand for about a month on each product, until UD, Bowman, Topps & Panini products are released starting in April, then their value is just fractions of their counterparts ...Leaf also produces a college heavy product, but like PP & Sage, do so w/o licensing so it looks like crap (although their quality as far as card stock & quality patches is better).

Would you guys want a thread started about KSU cards that are available?

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 09, 2014, 01:58:22 AM »
Maybe luke'd somewhere, but Zimms and Lucas are having their own personal workout for scouts on April 28th. This was allowed since neither of them were at 100% for the official pro day due to their respective surgeries. Here's hoping for the best!!  :crossfingers: 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:30:08 AM by Demo158 »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: April 09, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
Maybe luke'd somewhere, but Zimms and Lucas are having their own personal workout for scouts on April 28th. This was allowed since neither of them were at 100% for the official pro day due to their respective surgeries. Here's hoping for the best!!  :crossfingers:

Why is the draft so late this year? When I saw April 28 I figured that was after the draft, but nope.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 09, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
They had to wait for the movie to be out for awhile to garner some Draft Day buzz?  :dunno:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 09, 2014, 03:03:39 PM »

Why is the draft so late this year? When I saw April 28 I figured that was after the draft, but nope.
I thought the same thing originally, seems the draft was always the last week of April. The NFL probably moved it back so the teams would have a chance to look at our studs Zimms and Lucas  ;)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 09, 2014, 03:05:00 PM »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9301153/roger-goodell-confirms-nfl-draft-moving-2014

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 21, 2014, 11:44:12 PM »
NFL Draft Needs: Raiders by Evan Silva

Third day flier: Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State - Lucas has a future as a pass protecting left tackle, if he can build a stronger anchor to absorb first contact. He is tremendously long and has footwork to mirror. However, Lucas tends to bend at the waist thanks to his high posture.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:34 AM »

Third day flier: Cornelius Lucas, Kansas State - Lucas has a future as a pass protecting left tackle, if he can build a stronger anchor to absorb first contact. He is tremendously long and has footwork to mirror. However, Lucas tends to bend at the waist thanks to his high posture.

I can't decide if that makes Lucas a lock. . .or another undratfted free agent that gets picked up maybe. I need someone ITK to translate that for me. TIA

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 22, 2014, 12:56:33 PM »

I can't decide if that makes Lucas a lock. . .or another undratfted free agent that gets picked up maybe. I need someone ITK to translate that for me. TIA

I really think someone will draft him. The 7th is basically taking flyers and projects. You'd think someone would take one on a mountain of a man with LT experience in major college football.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 22, 2014, 01:10:47 PM »
I think Ty has a decent shot because he's a solid fill in safety and can play special teams.  There have been worse safety's drafted earlier than the 7th round.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 22, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
K-State tackle, NFL prospect Cornelius Lucas recovers from foot injury
April 22
BY TEREZ A. PAYLOR
The Kansas City Star

Kansas State offensive tackle Cornelius Lucas, who didn’t participate in the NFL Combine because of a stress fracture in his foot, was given a clean bill of health Monday by a physician.

Lucas’ agent, Marc Lillibridge, said his client will participate in K-State’s pro day April 28.

Lucas, a 6-foot-8, 330-pound two-year starter, has a massive frame with intimidating length — his arm length of 36 3/4 inches is elite. NFL.com’s Nolan Nawrocki projects Lucas as a potential late-round pick.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 24, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
Kansas State S Ty Zimmerman is visiting the Bengals on Thursday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Zimmerman is a four year starter who is likely being re-checked with medicals after injuring his labrum this year. NFL Network's Charles Davis called Zimmerman one of the draft's biggest sleepers at safety, saying he's "always in the right spot."

Source: National Football Post

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 24, 2014, 07:36:02 PM »

Kansas State S Ty Zimmerman is visiting the Bengals on Thursday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Zimmerman is a four year starter who is likely being re-checked with medicals after injuring his labrum this year. NFL Network's Charles Davis called Zimmerman one of the draft's biggest sleepers at safety, saying he's "always in the right spot."

Oh man, Ty and Terence on the same team would be amazeballs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 24, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
I just want Ty to get drafted. First team all American human being

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:01 PM »

dont forget about Emmanuel, we have pros everywhere

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 24, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »

BengalCats

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 24, 2014, 09:51:16 PM »

BengalCats

these three taters didnt get the memo to stay in kansas
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: April 29, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »
Apparently Cornelius Lucas had a "visit" with the Dolphins. It's possible this took place at the combine. I believe he was there he just wasn't able to participate in the drills.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
Apparently Cornelius Lucas had a "visit" with the Dolphins. It's possible this took place at the combine. I believe he was there he just wasn't able to participate in the drills.

riveting news

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #797 on: April 29, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
When is this draft?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile