Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933747 times)

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1300 on: April 06, 2011, 02:51:42 PM »
honestly, and I love the guy and he's my most must read poster over there, I don't think bp really knows wtf he's talking about most of the time.
You are way, way off base, steve dave.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 06, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
isn't bp some dumbass juco asst coach or dumbass scout or something?

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »
Frank Martin's agent says no contact with Miami
0 Comments
BY KELLIS ROBINETT
The Wichita Eagle

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/04/06/1796618/martins-agent-says-no-contact.html#ixzz1ImQq3X00

MANHATTAN — Frank Martin continues to be mentioned as a likely candidate for the open basketball coaching position at Miami, but as of Wednesday afternoon his agent had not been contacted by Hurricanes officials.

"I have talked to no one from Miami," said Richard Katz, of KMG Sports Management. "I hear the same rumors as everyone else, but no one has called me about Frank."

During a Tuesday interview with Tim Brando on a nationally syndicated radio show, Martin said no one had contacted him, either.

"No one's called me, Tim. I've got a great job. I work with great people," Martin said. "... I'm at a great place. And if people want to throw my name out there, I look at that as a compliment and I look at that as being lucky and fortunate that I'm in a good place right now and that people out there respect what we've done here."

But Martin, who has turned down interview requests through K-State officials, went on to tell Brando: "In this business, it's hard to ever sit back and say, 'Never say never,' " when asked about the possibility of accepting a new job.

Miami interim athletic director Tony Hernandez has told media in south Florida that he is looking at 20 candidates to replace Frank Haith, who was recently hired at Missouri, and would prefer to make his selection in less than a month.

He mentioned no specific names, but has hired the Atlanta-based consulting firm, Parker Executive Search, to assist in the hiring process. N.C. State hired Mark Gottfried on Tuesday.

Katz said he had not been contacted by any search firms on behalf of Miami, either.

Another possibility for Martin right now is a contract extension with the Wildcats. He agreed to a new contract in March 2010 that pays him an average of $1.55 million a year through 2015.

By guiding K-State to a third-place finish in the Big 12 this season, tied with Texas A&M, Martin has met the criteria in his contract to become eligible for an extension.

According to contract language, Martin and K-State athletic director John Currie are supposed to "agree to negotiate in good faith from April 1, 2012 to May 31, 2012 a modification, extension, or revised employment agreement."

If they fail to reach an agreement during that negotiation period, the amount of Martin's buyout, which is currently $1 million, drops to $500,000.

K-State athletic director John Currie could choose to bump up that timetable to put an end to the speculation surrounding Martin. But Katz said he has not spoken with Currie about a new deal, saying that is not a current priority for Martin.

"Any coach with an existing contract, whether it's Frank or anyone else, they're always eligible for a contract extension," Katz said. "At this point in time, I have not talked to Kansas State about a new contract.

"Frank, when he signed his new contract last year, was very pleased with it and thankful. He's a loyal guy, and he likes Kansas State. At this moment there is nothing else going on."

Read more: http://www.kansas.com/2011/04/06/1796618/martins-agent-says-no-contact.html#ixzz1ImQwyiMh

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: April 06, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
After these stories, it's going to break my rough ridin' heart if he goes.  I'd just be really disappointed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 06, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »
After these stories, it's going to break my rough ridin' heart if he goes.  I'd just be really disappointed.

I'll punch a child if Frank leaves. This would make me hate Bill even more. Don't do this to Bill Frank, he doesn't deserve even more SF hate.

20 candidates, seems like a lot no :dunno:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1305 on: April 06, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »
After these stories, it's going to break my effing heart if he goes.  I'd just be really disappointed.

I'll punch a child if Frank leaves. This would make me hate Bill even more. Don't do this to Bill Frank, he doesn't deserve even more SF hate.

It's a search firm.

If anything, that helps us, IMO.  My understanding of these search firms is that they like to keep it within their network to propagate business.  For example, a coach or agent gets affiliated with a search firm, and like an MLS listing, they become part of the network.  Generally, if you're not a part of the network, you don't get suggested as a candidate.  It gives coaches and agents a reason to affiliate with that search firm.

If there's a list of 20 people, and Frank hasn't been contacted, it says to me that Miami is using a search firm Frank or Katz isn't affiliated with, and the interim AD is probably going to go with the safe play and just use the search firm all of the way.

Also, if they're saying they want this wrapped up in a month, GMAFB.  This shouldn't take more than a week or two if they had their cac together.

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 06, 2011, 04:43:53 PM »
Not sure what this has to do with Snyds.  He had plenty of schools wanting to hire him back when the DoD was getting going and had every reason in the world to leave the worst program in history.  If anything, this would just further cement the fact that coaches are truly loyal to few things and most will jump when a better situation appears.  This isn't a Frank or Bill situation, it's a Frank may like Miami better than MHK situation.

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 06, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
After these stories, it's going to break my effing heart if he goes.  I'd just be really disappointed.

It's a search firm.

If anything, that helps us, IMO.  My understanding of these search firms is that they like to keep it within their network to propagate business.  For example, a coach or agent gets affiliated with a search firm, and like an MLS listing, they become part of the network.  Generally, if you're not a part of the network, you don't get suggested as a candidate.  It gives coaches and agents a reason to affiliate with that search firm.

If there's a list of 20 people, and Frank hasn't been contacted, it says to me that Miami is using a search firm Frank or Katz isn't affiliated with, and the interim AD is probably going to go with the safe play and just use the search firm all of the way.

Also, if they're saying they want this wrapped up in a month, GMAFB.  This shouldn't take more than a week or two if they had their cac together.

Plus you'd think about half are either unrealistic dream candidates or last ditch, "we've struck out with everyone else" candidates.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 06, 2011, 04:54:16 PM »
Why the eff does this jerk off have April 1, 2012 to May 31, 2012 as the dates for renegotiation?  Does that make any sense, Kellis? You rough ridin' rat!!!
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 06, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
Not sure what this has to do with Snyds.  He had plenty of schools wanting to hire him back when the DoD was getting going and had every reason in the world to leave the worst program in history.  If anything, this would just further cement the fact that coaches are truly loyal to few things and most will jump when a better situation appears.  This isn't a Frank or Bill situation, it's a Frank may like Miami better than MHK situation.

Nothing to do with Bill. It would just make angrierist if Frank left and OB was our coach and Leach and RR are unemployed.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:33 PM »
maybe no one wants Frank...and we're stuck with him. :frown:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 06, 2011, 06:21:26 PM »
maybe no one wants Frank...and we're stuck with him.  :D

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
maybe no one wants Frank...and we're stuck with him. :frown:

Would take.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 06, 2011, 06:33:37 PM »
"I have talked to no one from Miami," said Richard Katz

"But, I've talked to, like, everyone that works for their search firm."
emaw

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 06, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
I take back my earlier 30% comment.  Less, much less.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 06, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »

29%?

:runaway:
emaw

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 06, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »

WE'RE SAFE :weirdrobert:

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 06, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »

So, you're thinking there's less chance he leaves?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 06, 2011, 07:13:36 PM »
I take back my earlier 30% comment.  Less, much less.

Less than 10%.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 06, 2011, 07:14:28 PM »

Less than 10%.
This will be forever known as "The Guarantee"
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline TheMadCatter

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: April 06, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »

Less than 10%.

Threat level moved down to green.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 06, 2011, 08:54:13 PM »

You know what would allow you to punch a child nearly guilt-free?  The knowledge that you supported hundreds (thousands?) of children by donating to the goEMAW BBBS fundraiser.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 06, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
honestly, and I love the guy and he's my most must read poster over there, I don't think bp really knows wtf he's talking about most of the time.

I think you're right.  He's probably a Robert Lipson type in his field of expertise, whatever his field of expertise is ( code writing)

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 06, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »

I think you're right.  He's probably a Robert Lipson type in his field of expertise, whatever his field of expertise is ( code writing)

Speaking of people that haven't donated to the BBBS fundraiser...   

Offline FHSU92

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 06, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
caneswatch Jorge Milian
So if Donna Shalala said no to Mike Leach, why would she say yes to Frank Martin, who can make Leach look like a choir boy?
about 4 hours ago via web
:surprised: