Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 936378 times)

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #1225 on: April 06, 2011, 07:32:36 AM »
frank, or any non dumbass coach, isn't going to say he's not going to consider another job. don't be naive people.

I really appreciate that Frank isn't jacking us around. He and his agent are playing the game like all coaches do, but aren't giving us some silly line about staying. The process will play out, I think its highly likely he stays, but you never know.
I'm starting to wonder if Frank even has a choice. I know he has had in the past, but is Miami even seriously considering him? I  think they are idiots if they are not, but it wouldn't surprise me by the little amount he's being talked about down there.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 06, 2011, 07:44:04 AM »
frank, or any non dumbass coach, isn't going to say he's not going to consider another job. don't be naive people.

I really appreciate that Frank isn't jacking us around. He and his agent are playing the game like all coaches do, but aren't giving us some silly line about staying. The process will play out, I think its highly likely he stays, but you never know.
I'm starting to wonder if Frank even has a choice. I know he has had in the past, but is Miami even seriously considering him? I  think they are idiots if they are not, but it wouldn't surprise me by the little amount he's being talked about down there.

Miami has contacted Katz, I have no doubts about that. I'm sure there has even been some talk back and forth, and probably with K-State as well. Honestly, Frank would be dumb not to have Katz have discussions with open jobs. I don't expect Frank to have some sort of blind loyalty and I'd actually be disappointed if he did.  I'm just glad Katz doesn't have a history of using to various media members to play the game.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 06, 2011, 08:25:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure Brad Underwood coaches our bigs.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 06, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »

if you're trying to disagree with the guy who wants frank and daylonte to go to miami so that underwood can take over, this isn't the place to do it.  sorry bub.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 06, 2011, 08:42:35 AM »
SaveUMFootball Papa Cane
Believe It or Not: NBA Coach Larry Brown has shown interest in the UM Basketball job. There is a list and he is on it.

Offline Fuktard

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: April 06, 2011, 08:50:36 AM »

if you're trying to disagree with the guy who wants frank and daylonte to go to miami so that underwood can take over, this isn't the place to do it.  sorry bub.

lol...nope just pointing it out

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 06, 2011, 09:15:03 AM »

Miami has contacted Katz, I have no doubts about that. I'm sure there has even been some talk back and forth, and probably with K-State as well. Honestly, Frank would be dumb not to have Katz have discussions with open jobs. I don't expect Frank to have some sort of blind loyalty and I'd actually be disappointed if he did.  I'm just glad Katz doesn't have a history of using to various media members to play the game.
If Miami has contacted Katz, then ok. I alsoo agree that if they have contacted Katz, then they would be dumb not to "listen" even if Frank knows he's not interested. Just wouldn't be blown away if the reach out from Miami to Frank has been a small one....or even non-existant.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 06, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »

If Miami has contacted Katz, then ok. I alsoo agree that if they have contacted Katz, then they would be dumb not to "listen" even if Frank knows he's not interested. Just wouldn't be blown away if the reach out from Miami to Frank has been a small one....or even non-existant.

The thing is, if they reach out and Frank isn't interested, and that gets out, then it's perceived as an even worse job.  It behooves both parties to keep things discreet, at least involving Frank.*

* - talking point stolen from Gottleib

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 06, 2011, 09:30:31 AM »
It's in Frank's best interest to make everyone think he's interested (regardless of if he is or isn't) and that miami is going to pony up cash (whether they are or aren't). 

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:18 AM »
Were they really only paying Haithe 600K annually?

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Cackle

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 06, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
No.  Haith was making 1.5 million.
:bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse: :bracketmouse:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »

I think there was some dispute as to this

Offline "storm"nut

• SOCK (outed by The Laundromat)
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:48 AM »

I think the 1.5 Million figure is with perks added, not cold hard cash. Martin is making around 1.7 1.8 mill with perks.
RIP Fatty

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:35 AM »
No.  Haith was making 1.5 million.

Yes. I think its more likely Haith was making less than 1 mil.

Online 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 06, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »
No.  Haith was making 1.5 million.

Yes. I think its more likely Haith was making less than 1 mil.

As I understood it, Haith was making $600k but it would cost Miami $3 million to terminate his contract this year, which is really why they were going to wait until next year to drop the hammer. And it was pretty obvious that he was going to be fired since he only had 2 years on his contract and there were not discussions of an extension.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 06, 2011, 11:05:50 AM »
3.0 over two remaining years.  haith was well paid.  no idea how the 600k rumor got started.  maybe what he was paid when he started seven years ago.  martin actually made 1.3ish this year, the 1.55 number you always see is the average of his contract, and includes all his signing and retention bonuses.

miami's a.d. budget is over 60 million.  they aren't poor.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 06, 2011, 11:13:16 AM »
It looks like he had an escalating contract that started at 400k and incrementally increased by 50k annually.  He was set to make 650k next season from what I can gather.  I guess I find it hard to believe he had upwards of 1.1 million in additional incentives.  I also doubt his top assistant was making 450k.

The amount of wealth amongst some of the prominent Miami alumni is pretty amazing and I guess they could empty the coffers for the right guy, but I just don't see how this adds up financially.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 06, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
Haith said in his press conf yesterday that he worked there a year and still had a hard time getting into his office because no one recognized him. 

If this is true, and not just some butthurtcoach, doubt any coffers will be emptied out for a BB coach.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 06, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »
It looks like he had an escalating contract that started at 400k and incrementally increased by 50k annually.  He was set to make 650k next season from what I can gather.

link.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 06, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
All K-State message boards are about to go Fukishima. NRC has been advised.
RIP Fatty

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: April 06, 2011, 11:20:17 AM »

wut
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 06, 2011, 11:21:28 AM »

Is this a response to something above, or a warning of something to come?  If it is a warning, you need to just spill it.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 06, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »

lol, stormnut?  stormnut is going to break this story?

Offline 5601js

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 06, 2011, 11:23:55 AM »

:runaway:

Offline "storm"nut

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 06, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »

lol, stormnut?  stormnut is going to break this story?

nope but Ballplayers is.
RIP Fatty