Author Topic: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)  (Read 933752 times)

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching Carousel Master Thread (MAYBE FEATURING THE KSU CATS?)
« Reply #4625 on: March 19, 2016, 07:54:53 PM »
Does your plan have risk? Because keeping oscar has zero risk.  Have you met a goPowercat KSU fan before?  Zero risk.

keeping weber also entails risk.  and have you visited gpc recently?  about 90% of bball posts are antiweber or prounderwood posts
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: March 19, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
Rooting against the Cats is a good way to still be engaged with the team you've traditionally cheered for, without having to feel like a sadist for inviting more of this shitty basketball upon yourself. I've found it effective in dealing with the cognitive dissonance that has come with oscar being our coach.

yes.  that's it exactly.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: March 19, 2016, 08:00:48 PM »
if you honestly feel a sense of accomplishment and a positive feeling rooting against a team, i dont see how you genuinely care about that team.  that defeats the purpose.  now if its because the end goal is to make them better, i mean i guess, but to find enjoyment in that process is rough ridin' weird.

I mean, every game we lose, we're one game closer to oscar Weber getting shitcanned. I guess it's not hard for me to be positive about the process when it's framed that way.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

catzacker

« Reply #4628 on: March 19, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »
Does your plan have risk? Because keeping oscar has zero risk.  Have you met a goPowercat KSU fan before?  Zero risk.

keeping weber also entails risk.  and have you visited gpc recently?  about 90% of bball posts are antiweber or prounderwood posts

the only risk with keeping weber is that you may not get brad.  and that, to me, isn't a risk Currie gives a crap about because he believes he can find another coach should oscar suck next year.  this is the man that let the best basketball coach we had in like 15-20yrs walk.  we were making money (relatively speaking).  and he let him go.  you think he's going to blink at giving oscar another year? 

Currie hired this eff head after getting fired for basically being the coach he is now.

The Big Train

« Reply #4629 on: March 19, 2016, 08:06:28 PM »
if you honestly feel a sense of accomplishment and a positive feeling rooting against a team, i dont see how you genuinely care about that team.  that defeats the purpose.  now if its because the end goal is to make them better, i mean i guess, but to find enjoyment in that process is rough ridin' weird.

I mean, every game we lose, we're one game closer to oscar Weber getting shitcanned. I guess it's not hard for me to be positive about the process when it's framed that way.

are we really that much closer, honestly?  if we are being real here after the 4 consecutive worst seasons(which is the first of its kind in school history) and the face the AD has put on everything, i just dont know.  i want oscar gone more than anyone, but i still hate losing.  maybe its because i am a very very competitive person, but every time we lose, whether its close or embarrassing, it still hurts.  i do not enjoy the process.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »
If beard or buzz are their main targets OSU can now move quickly as they both lost today. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: March 19, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
you think he's going to blink at giving oscar another year? 

i don't think currie is going to fire weber.  i think kstate is going to sell fewer tickets in 2016-2017 than 2015-2106.

catzacker

« Reply #4632 on: March 19, 2016, 08:14:21 PM »

i don't think currie is going to fire weber.  i think kstate is going to sell fewer tickets in 2016-2017 than 2015-2106.

I don't see why ticket sales will matter. At the point we'll know our ticket sales it will be too late.  Like finding out you won the lottery but you're the last person alive.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: March 19, 2016, 08:17:47 PM »

are we really that much closer, honestly?  if we are being real here after the 4 consecutive worst seasons(which is the first of its kind in school history) and the face the AD has put on everything, i just dont know.  i want oscar gone more than anyone, but i still hate losing.  maybe its because i am a very very competitive person, but every time we lose, whether its close or embarrassing, it still hurts.  i do not enjoy the process.

If we miss the tourney next year, oscar will get fired. If he makes the tourney, I don't know what I'll do. I don't think my mind is capable of overcoming oscar and finding enjoyment in rooting for the Cats anymore. It's like one of those trick pictures, where you see it one way at first, but then you see it from a different perspective and you can never see it the first way again.

The Big Train

« Reply #4634 on: March 19, 2016, 08:19:50 PM »
i just want him gone now and Brad at the helm and not have to worry about it  :frown:

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4635 on: March 19, 2016, 08:21:43 PM »
I don't see why ticket sales will matter. At the point we'll know our ticket sales it will be too late.  Like finding out you won the lottery but you're the last person alive.

it's just something to argue about on a message board, which is something i enjoy doing.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: March 19, 2016, 08:24:30 PM »
As an adult I find it very hard to root "against" any team. Disengaging is much less effort.

When I was younger I had a lot more hate in me tho and I rooted against everything
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

catzacker

« Reply #4637 on: March 19, 2016, 08:24:53 PM »

it's just something to argue about on a message board, which is something i enjoy doing.

Oh. In that case I agree that ticket sales will be slightly down. Maybe a hundred less season ticket holders. Actual attendance down 4.7%.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: March 19, 2016, 08:25:12 PM »
do you honestly think his best job offer is going to be TCU?

No because SLU is a better job. If offered he should go to SLU, if TCU or Tulane ends up being his best offers he should just stay at SFA for another season, it isn't like they aren't going to dominate the Southland again.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: March 19, 2016, 08:29:05 PM »

No because SLU is a better job. If offered he should go to SLU, if TCU or Tulane ends up being his best offers he should just stay at SFA for another season, it isn't like they aren't going to dominate the Southland again.

Really anywhere other than P5 (TCU excepted, they blow) is fine for keeping the BBB dream alive.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: March 19, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »
Who will Kentucky go after when cal bounces for the show?  Maybe Tony Bennett.  Gregg probably couldn't handle the pressure.
Cal isn't leaving Kentucky.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: March 19, 2016, 08:31:07 PM »

if Gregg leaves you can put Brad to WSU in ink, right?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: March 19, 2016, 08:38:50 PM »

if Gregg leaves you can put Brad to WSU in ink, right?

For sure, but Gregg has made it clear that he's only leaving for a blue blood and since Crean made the Sweet 16 there won't be any of those jobs opening.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: March 19, 2016, 08:39:49 PM »
Is North Carolina considered a blue blood?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: March 19, 2016, 08:41:45 PM »
Yeah, if Roy retires they are likely to hire Hubert Davis or King Rice. Gregg isn't in the family even though he has Carolina ties.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: March 19, 2016, 08:42:52 PM »
Yeah, if Roy retires they are likely to hire Hubert Davis or King Rice. Gregg isn't in the family even though he has Carolina ties.

You might laugh, but I would not be surprised if they hired CB McGrath next.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: March 19, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »

They sold two fewer from my checkbook. Not huge but won't pay for what we are getting right now.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: March 19, 2016, 08:51:37 PM »

Not anymore crazier than Rice or Davis. They really should hire Gregg but they are going to be hellbent on hiring a guy with Carolina ties.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: March 19, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »

Not anymore crazier than Rice or Davis. They really should hire Gregg but they are going to be hellbent on hiring a guy with Carolina ties.

CB isn't a grad, obviously, but he IS Roy's boy for sure.  Roy loves the crap out of him. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: March 19, 2016, 08:54:59 PM »

CB isn't a grad, obviously, but he IS Roy's boy for sure.  Roy loves the crap out of him.

He's Roy's Coach Gut