Author Topic: HOVERBOARDS  (Read 9987 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: HOVERBOARDS
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2016, 02:29:00 PM »
What'd you get?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2016, 02:30:34 PM »
Something too cheap I'm sure. Mrs. Gooch was running that project on our layover in Phoenix on the way back.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
:ohno:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »
Hey when this cheap Chinese piece of crap burns down my house it will be much easier to by that condo.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »

Yeah, it was only $280. But there was a nice table showing how much better it is because it is coming from California, not China.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2016, 03:38:45 PM »

Yeah, it was only $280. But there was a nice table showing how much better it is because it is coming from California, not China.
That was just a layover stop.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
Yeah, mine "came from" tennesee or vegas I think. 

I'd have to do some digging, but when I got mine I read about some things to look for on the plug to see if it's more legit.  But really, I think they're all virtually equal, it's just a matter of not leaving them on a charger way past full charge.  I still haven't had to charge mine, but I know others using those timer plug-in things discussed in this thread have had no issues.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 11:57:54 AM »
@Mrs. Gooch. Where the hell is this sure to burn down our house thing?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 12:05:31 PM »
@Mrs. Gooch. Where the hell is this sure to burn down our house thing?

Lenexa

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2016, 12:14:05 PM »
Post a link to where you bought the bomb that's en route.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2016, 12:15:40 PM »
hover2go.com

But I don't want everyone to go buy all of them up before I get a chance to test and decide if I want to get another one.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »
Looks legit enough.  You'll want that backpack for it that I got off amazon.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2016, 01:58:12 PM »
Package Ready for Pickup

:billdance:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
How do I make a vine or periscope or whatever of me doing cool stuff on my hoverboard? Can't I just post a video on Twitter?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
What is the remote for?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2016, 08:40:59 PM »
Multiple mixtape pushers on hoverboards today.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2016, 01:41:01 PM »
http://www.capseattle.com/#ride-to-win

So their solution to coastal flooding is just to get "cars" that go on water?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2016, 08:21:23 PM »
Holy crap, you people should've all bought the most expensive of deadly hoverboards from amazon back in winter.

So Gooch @'d me last week about the official goverment recalls.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Self-Balancing-Scooters-Hoverboards-Recalled-by-10-Firms/

Mine was on the list.  The one I gift'd wasn't.

So I'm reading that and it's implying that I'd have to get w/the distributor, not amazon, to settle up and arrange to ship the thing to them.  That sounded like it would be a miserable experience.  I research a bit and see the same stories from late January or February about how amazon was taking any they sold back and refunding, but I never saw that amazon actually said that.

So I use the amazon site "contact us" page basically asking what I'm to do w/this one that was def recalled as well as the one that wasn't but seems questionably safe given all I've read.  I get a response back from amazon that had me thinking amazon was hacked.  It was in nigerian prince-ese.

Hello,

I understand your concern regarding "HOVERBOARD - 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter with LED Lights - Hands Free Battery Powered Electric Motor - The Perfect Personal Transport".

I can understand your concern about it.

This is definitely not what we want are valuable customers to experience.

I've forwarded your complain to the concern department and they will definitely work on this feedback.

We pride ourselves in ensuring that all of our customers receive timely, efficient service and a stress-free shopping experience. Your patronage is greatly appreciated. We were unable to provide you with this level of service for the (whatever is the complaint), and for this, I am truly sorry.
Hope you give us one more chance to serve you with the better service in future.

We value your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

That was late last week and I hadn't hear anything, so I figured I'd try something else just now.  I find another option on the "contact us" page where I put in my phone # and instantly get a call.  It sounds like I'm talking to the writer of the above message, but we surprisingly get on the same page of us just trying to figure out what the options are for these 2 h'boards.  He's saying because they're $450 and $500 and that's more than he can authorize, he's gotta talk to a boss.

He comes back on and is talking about processing refunds once he gets the OK from the boss.  I ask before you get too far w/that, what am I gonna have to do, send this bomb back to you and also track down the gifted one and take it back?  He says I won't have to worry about tracking down the gifted one but doesn't explain.

A couple more holds and checkups go and he comes back on and tells me he's got my refund processing for $950 to my card I paid with (chase freedom 10x points at the time, I hope I don't lose all those points, but still $950).  I keep waiting for directions on how to send these things back and it never happens, so I don't ask.  He says he'll send me a confirmation email.  So I'm thinking, wow I just got all my money back and can still hoverboard so long as I don't become Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) and charge mine for a week.  But I guess that's the deal - money back and do whatever you want w/your hoverboard including keeping it and continue to 'board.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your HOVERBOARD - 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter with LED Lights - Hands Free Battery Powered Electric Motor - The Perfect Personal Transport  . In this case, there's no need to return the item for us to issue a refund. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it--whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you.

I've requested a total refund for $948.99, which includes the cost of the item and any shipping costs. You'll see the refund within the next 3-5 business days. Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund here:

[order links]

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

And LOL at these things supposedly being so dangerous that they're being recalled with all the sellers/distributors eating the money, but not only are they still out in the world and my living room, but it's suggested that I alternatively donate it to someone else apparently more worthy of being blown up.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 11, 2016, 08:41:08 PM »
how effective would they be for a protest'r?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:39 PM »
how effective would they be for a protest'r?

I'm almost caught up on the cop thread and then I'll have a story there. But for hot chicken, we could've found out last night. :(

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2016, 09:11:45 PM »
Amazon is the best. I thought they didn't deliver two things a few weeks ago so I contacted them and they said no worries we'll send them right out. Turns out Mrs Dave got the deliveries and put them in the basement.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2016, 09:17:22 PM »
It's crazy.  I was telling my buddy about where things stood yesterday w/that weird nigerian prince response I'd gotten so far at that point, and he was complaining about some amazon ordeal he was involved with.  Can't wait to update him on how mine all played out.  Will probably be hoverboard'n as I tell him the story.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2016, 08:01:19 AM »
Well I can't even find a brand name on mine to check if it is recalled, and Gooch threw away the box it came in. But that website I bought it from now has no products listed for sale.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »
:lol: