Author Topic: Portal Kombat  (Read 165967 times)

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
Re: Portal Kombat
« Reply #925 on: January 14, 2022, 03:00:10 PM »
I think you mean 2023 but yea I agree Ky has  a clear path to becoming the primary back after playing with deuce for a year

Look, I hope we get him, but it defies logic that he would transfer from a situation when he was the primary ball carrier, behind one of the best offensive lines in America, to back up an All American running behind a line that needs to be rebuilt. Possibly becoming the primary ball carrier in 2023 when you can definitely be the primary ball carrier in 2022 doesn't seem like a great sell to me, particularly when this staff already missed on this player, when there wasn't an incumbent starting running back.

I hope I'm wrong but the set up isn't ideal for him to come here

I believe Mohamad Ibrahim is returning next year for Minnesota, so he probably would be playing behind him.  I kinda thought that is why he was transferring in the first place, and if so would really not make sense for him to come here.  Do we even know why he left?  Just wanted to be closer to family?  Playing time?  Girlfriend?  I don't think I have ever heard a reason for him leaving.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:05:55 PM by BostonPancake »

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 14, 2022, 03:12:47 PM »
I think you mean 2023 but yea I agree Ky has  a clear path to becoming the primary back after playing with deuce for a year

Look, I hope we get him, but it defies logic that he would transfer from a situation when he was the primary ball carrier, behind one of the best offensive lines in America, to back up an All American running behind a line that needs to be rebuilt. Possibly becoming the primary ball carrier in 2023 when you can definitely be the primary ball carrier in 2022 doesn't seem like a great sell to me, particularly when this staff already missed on this player, when there wasn't an incumbent starting running back.

I believe Mohamad Ibrahim is returning next year for Minnesota, so he probably would be playing behind him.  I kinda thought that is why he was transferring in the first place, and if so would really not make sense for him to come here.  Do we even know why he left?  Just wanted to be closer to family?  Playing time?  Girlfriend?  I don't think I have ever heard a reason for him leaving.

Trey Potts, too. The Gophers have a lot of mouths to feed in the backfield.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 14, 2022, 04:18:50 PM »

Trey Potts, too. The Gophers have a lot of mouths to feed in the backfield.

They also have that other freshman that got almost as many touches as Ky in the bowl game. While he possibly would have been first in line for carries to start the year, that backfield could’ve been pretty crowded if he’d have stayed.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 14, 2022, 04:46:39 PM »

Our OL next year will be better than this year IMO.  Poitier, Panzer,Leingang > Rivas,Adler, Johnson
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 14, 2022, 05:13:35 PM »

He was only the primary ball carrier after 2-3 guys in front of him got hurt, and it sounds like they are all coming back.  He wouldn’t be the primary guy if he stayed.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 14, 2022, 06:48:41 PM »

I believe Mohamad Ibrahim is returning next year for Minnesota

Really? Damn!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 15, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »
yeah i think the interior of our ol is getting a big time upgrade.  we should have a pretty stout group of hogmollies next year

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 15, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
yeah i think the interior of our ol is getting a big time upgrade.  we should have a pretty stout group of hogmollies next year

Remember when we had the NFL’s second heaviest OL back in 1998 or so? Nothing but hogmollies and road-graders. Sound like beef is back on the menu at Kansas State.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: January 15, 2022, 06:43:00 PM »
Ky to KU

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: January 15, 2022, 06:59:24 PM »
That’s a shame

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 15, 2022, 07:55:07 PM »
Hey guys, guys? In your fat faces!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: January 15, 2022, 07:59:19 PM »
Hey guys, guys? In your fat faces!
Congrats irl

Online stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: January 15, 2022, 09:10:38 PM »
I don’t trust anyone with 2-letter names

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: January 15, 2022, 09:53:40 PM »
I still don't think he had an offer from K-State, nether does the KU beat writer for phog.net.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 15, 2022, 10:15:37 PM »
3 headed monster at ku. Offense will be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 15, 2022, 10:46:05 PM »
They need someone to block for them, which they currently don’t have.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 15, 2022, 11:12:10 PM »

This is an RB's career killer. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: January 16, 2022, 12:27:34 AM »
Speaking of beak em, can someone tell me what to make of Gavin Potter's tweet? Is he staying, transferring, declaring for the draft? I don't get it.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 16, 2022, 07:12:02 AM »

Interesting that you sound out "are bee" there. But I do the same with "NC" (national championship).
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: January 16, 2022, 07:59:54 AM »
Speaking of beak em, can someone tell me what to make of Gavin Potter's tweet? Is he staying, transferring, declaring for the draft? I don't get it.
I think he’s just a really big fan of himself.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 16, 2022, 02:01:04 PM »

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 16, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »
This thread has NOT lived up to SD's hype lately. 

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 16, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
It has you just don’t know it yet 😬

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 16, 2022, 03:19:51 PM »

Interesting that you sound out "are bee" there. But I do the same with "NC" (national championship).

This is an Arby’s killer

(This is also an elite reference to how Arby’s name came to be)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 16, 2022, 03:34:16 PM »

This is an Arby’s killer

(This is also an elite reference to how Arby’s name came to be)

:lol:

Hot time in Kat town tonight.