Author Topic: Frank watch 2012:  (Read 297840 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #1075 on: March 24, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
IF this happens, this is about one thing.  His hatred for Currie.

Yes.  I don't like Currie either.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: March 24, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
i swear, it is amazing how little insight into the human mind most of you people seem to have.  do any of you really think that making 2.0 million vs 1.5 million has more impact on your daily happiness than working for someone who, at the very least, likes you enough to hire you vs someone you detest and who detests you?

i'll never judge someone for leaving a job due to a hateful relationship.  or even a mildly uncomfortable one.  and i find the idea that excess money is more important than your relationships with coworkers to be laughable in it's idiocy.

It's not just the money, it's the fact that Frank has built up a shitload of goodwill with the fans and has built a program set up to sustain that goodwill for a long, long time. Also, unless he looks at South Carolina as a destination job, he's probably adding a few years to his next shot at some of the best jobs in the country.

Another Elite Eight run or two at KSU, which is very feasible in the next 2-3 years if he can keep the roster somewhat together, could make it so a program the level of Illinois doesn't mush him next time their jobs come up.

And jesus christ, Currie isn't Lumberg. If you hate him, just don't talk to him. Go win big, then take a job that is truly better in a year or two.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: March 24, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »

Currie isn't Lumberg.

I enjoyed that

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: March 24, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
From yesterday afternoon, :lol:

http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.php/2012/03/23/sportstalk-rewind-3-23-12-kc-stars-kent-babb-talks-martin-audio/

SportsTalk learned Friday that the next South Carolina head basketball coach will be Kansas State’s Frank Martin.  Kent Babb, a reporter for the Kansas City Star who covers the Wildcats, talked with us on SportsTalk about Martin.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: March 24, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »

http://sportstalkgolive.com/index.php/2012/03/23/sportstalk-rewind-3-23-12-kc-stars-kent-babb-talks-martin-audio/

SportsTalk learned Friday that the next South Carolina head basketball coach will be Kansas State’s Frank Martin.  Kent Babb, a reporter for the Kansas City Star who covers the Wildcats, talked with us on SportsTalk about Martin.

wow, how stupid is Babb. :lol:

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »
Michigancat seems to be the most on target poster in this fiasco.  If Currie can't keep Frank from this suicidal move then he is a complete incompetent at his primary function and Frank is an irrational idiot.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Frank watch 2012:
« Reply #1081 on: March 24, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=10771.0

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 24, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »
oh man, I love it when the SC radio guys try to figure out his timeline while reading his wikipedia page.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 24, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
I am now very worried.  I think he's gone. :bawl:

I hate you Currie. :angry: :shakesfist:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 24, 2012, 11:00:54 AM »
Why do I hate Frank more than Currie right now? I'm just feeling emotional I think.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 24, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »
Why do I hate Frank more than Currie right now? I'm just feeling emotional I think.

Because you loved him more to begin with

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 24, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
If Frank leaves, you should hate both equally.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 24, 2012, 11:23:57 AM »

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=10771.0

Yep.  I remember twitter fighting with him after Kellis' JakeCriedGate.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 24, 2012, 11:24:30 AM »
oh man, I love it when the SC radio guys try to figure out his timeline while reading his wikipedia page.

So, uh, I guess he had this job before getting his degree?  Maybe a military stint?  Anyway.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 24, 2012, 11:30:40 AM »
If all this nicey nice with the ncaa results in goodwill towards getting pearl out of ncaa hell a year early, it's somehow a good move all told.  Pearl's ceiling is higher imo.

Their major college coaching accomplishments are nearly identical and Pearl had the luxury of coaching against UK when they sucked and the SEC was never as good as the Big 12 was at its worst.  That being said I like Pearl, but there is no evidence that he is a better coach than Frank Martin.

Tennessee was the UK of the SEC when Pearl was there bad conference or not.  Not saying he's a better coach than Frankfurter either, but there wouldn't be a drop off.  I'm not expecting us to overtake KU ever in terms of conference domination, but at least he'd give us a more immediate shot.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 24, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
If all this nicey nice with the ncaa results in goodwill towards getting pearl out of ncaa hell a year early, it's somehow a good move all told.  Pearl's ceiling is higher imo.

Their major college coaching accomplishments are nearly identical and Pearl had the luxury of coaching against UK when they sucked and the SEC was never as good as the Big 12 was at its worst.  That being said I like Pearl, but there is no evidence that he is a better coach than Frank Martin.

Tennessee was the UK of the SEC when Pearl was there bad conference or not.  Not saying he's a better coach than Frankfurter either, but there wouldn't be a drop off.  I'm not expecting us to overtake KU ever in terms of conference domination, but at least he'd give us a more immediate shot.

Can he defeat a triangle and 2 defense?
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 24, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
GET IT THROUGH YOUR rough ridin' SKULLS, oscar PEARL IS NOT GOING TO EVER BE OUR rough ridin' BASKETBALL COACH!!!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:41:19 AM by unleashthemob »

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 24, 2012, 11:42:19 AM »
GET IT THROUGH YOUR rough ridin' SKULLS, oscar PEARL IS NOT GOING TO EVER BE OUR rough ridin' BASKETBALL COACH!!!

This doesnt make any sense.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 24, 2012, 11:43:41 AM »
Quote from: Everyone, March 2006
GET IT THROUGH YOUR rough ridin' SKULLS, BOB HUGGINS IS NOT GOING TO EVER BE OUR rough ridin' BASKETBALL COACH!!!

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 24, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

Yep.  Or as my high school girlfriend would say, "yeppers."
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline youchooseausername

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 24, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »

Yep.  Or as my high school girlfriend would say, "yeppers."

Let me beat you all to the punch... I don't date girls that are in high school.  :fatty:
"The sad thing about the whole thing is it's my fault.  Instead of creating toughness and developing a team, I coached not to lose all year.  It's sad to be honest."

- oscar Weber

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 24, 2012, 11:50:06 AM »

This guy knows what he is talking about.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline unleashthemob

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 24, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
for you dumb fucks.....John currie will never hire oscar Pearl......Don't do this yourselves

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 24, 2012, 11:56:48 AM »
for you dumb fucks.....John currie will never hire oscar Pearl......Don't do this yourselves

are we talking about the same john currie?

Quote from: Vol fan
Currie's the main reason oscar Pearl is the basketball coach.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/71711-john-currie-kansas-state.html

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 24, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
Anyone suspending a Senior in the NCAA Tourney for 200 bucks is not gonna hire a cool coach
Checklist for next coach when Currie hires
A) White
B) Religious
C) Midwestern
D) 2 Star recruiter
E) Boring

Welcome to Manhattan Scott Sutton